$119
CandlewoodSuites
$67
$54
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $67/night.

$68
$89
$105
$72
$150
$134
Hampton.com
All reviewsmemory foamroom was cleanfront desk clerknext morningfree breakfastshower headwafflesbusiness tripthe breakfast areastaff was very friendlywould stay againhot breakfastsausagelisabedscheddarslinens
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I was attending a convention in Macon and the Convention Center hotel was completely booked. I found the Wingate to be only five miles away and about 60% of the price of the main "convention" hotel which I had stayed in previous years. I found the staff to be very helpful over the phone as well as in person when I checked in. The room was clean. The beds were very comfortable and even the pillows smelled clean. To make it even more attractive, I found that wireless internet was free (convention center hotel charged $10 / day) and a hot breakfast (eggs, bacon, waffles, biscuits and gravy) was also free-unlike the convention center hotel.
I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Justin C, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Macon, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2011

Hello Tom!

Thank you so much for your great feedback. We really appreciate it and hope that you come back and see us in the future. And if you need anything call me directly at the property and I will take care of it personally.

Thanks again!

Justin Collins

Reviewed October 25, 2011

The first week that I booked here it was threw travel site. I was expecting an average hotel that barely meets the minimal requirements for the star rating given. I WAS WAY WRONG.
The staff was awesome about welcoming me in when i showed up, very polite and patient (because I booked a room for the wrong week.) when I finally got up to my Room I couldn't believe what I saw. Memory foam beds and a flat screen TV. I was expecting a regular Box spring and a pillow top mattress. they have a chair with a foot stool and a computer desk, witch was something else I wasn't expecting at all.
When I woke up the next morning, got ready for work and went down stairs expecting to be disappointed by an under rated "continental breakfast", witch to my surprise was (for lack of a better word) Awesome. They have bacon and scrambled eggs every morning, along with fresh coffee, orange juice, apple juice, bagels, serial and I'm sure there is more but I'm happy with what I just listed.
Just coming out of the Army I like to stay fit so I was happy to see that they have a fitness room on site. they Have treadmills, bicycles, weight machines, and I think i saw an Olyptical there too for low impact.
After a couple of days of coming back from work and seeing my bed made everyday, I walked in last Wednesday to see what they called "customer appreciation day". this was a totally new experience for me witch became apparent when I asked the manager how much I owed for the beer here handed me. He told me it was free and that they do it every week.
I travel often so I'm used to booking threw travel sites and Im always disappointed and the hotel hardly ever meets the minimum requirements for the start rating that the travel site describes. However this hotel has met and exceeded every expectation that I had.
The management is nice and more then willing to do what they can to accommodate their guests and it shows. They are doing more then selling rooms here, they are selling an Idea that even when I'm away from home I can feel comfortable and relax.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Justin C, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Macon, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Thank you Chris! We know that you are staying at the property for awhile and it is your home away from home for awhile. Thank you so much for choosing our location and writing an excellent review for us. We greatly appreciate it. If you need anything at all remember please do not hesitate to ask us.

Justin B. Collins
Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Absolutely the best. We have been regular guests here for about 3 years. The entire staff is friendly and very helpful, and our room is always clean and fresh. Justin and Lauren are always willing to do anything to make our stay pleasant, and Mrs. Jenkins runs the best hotel breakfast anywhere. This is our home in Macon. And, oh my, those fabulous TemperPedic mattresses!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Laurenwingate, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Macon, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are trying hard to make sure all of our guests are well taken care of. Thank you so much for your continued support and please continue to stay with us!

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Don't believe the 5 star reviews...We booked the Wingate for a one night stop-over. When we arrived at the Wingate the lobby was clean and well kept. The front desk person was not very inviting, she seemed like she would rather be doing something else, maybe because it was a Friday night... When we entered our room one of the beds had all the pillows piled on top, none had pillow cases. The other bed was made with a sheet on the outside covering the comforter, which was strange. There was some kind of oily residue on the desk and chair. We went down to the front desk and asked if there was a different room and was informed that there were no other rooms...I think the front desk person was not motivated enough to take the time to change us to a different room. We had driven for 10 hours and really didn't feel like arguing with her, so we asked for some pillow cases. She could only find two "clean" pillow cases. Back in the room my traveling companion pulled back the bed sheet and comforter to discover a bunch of black hairs on the sheets. It was obvious that someone had slept in the bed. At that point we were questioning whether we should leave, but we were too tired and decided to stay since the other bed looked clean. The first thing I noticed upon getting into the bed was the extremely strong smell of bleach/detergent. It was like the bedding had not been rinsed, I could feel the residue on the sheets which made me itch immediately and after about 30 minutes I started having asthma symptoms, which I ended up having to take medication to control because of the fumes. I have very mild asthma, I'd hate to think what would happen to someone with severe asthma problems. The bathroom was fairly clean, but generally the room was dirty and in need of a thorough cleaning. I'm not a clean freak and this room made me feel uncomfortable my traveling companion was uncomfortable also. I've stayed at several Wingates and they have been great, this one has the potential to be wonderful, but the management needs to make some changes. Perhaps the management is the problem? I'll never stay at this Wingate again. I'll choose a hotel with a higher trip advisor rating.

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony7777
Laurenwingate, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Macon, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

I'm so sorry you had such a negative experience with us. We are under new management as of August and have been tirelessly working to make sure our hotel is clean and inviting and that our staff are smiling faces you can rely on to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

That being said, obviously we still have some weak links in our team. I would really appreaciate it if you could take the time to give me a call so I can get more information about your stay. I would like to know specifics such as when you checked in, who was working the front desk and how we can best go about resolving this issue to your liking.

I appreciate your feedback, but I wish I could have taken care of this first hand. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to fix the issue so we can move forward with continuing to better our property.

Thanks again,

Lauren Selvidge
Director of Sales
478.476.8100 x225
lauren@wingatemacon.com

Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband & I stayed at this hotel on our anniversary. I wanted something special for this occasion so I spoke with Justin, the manager. He went out of his way to make our stay memorable! They provided wine, candles, and fresh flowers for our stay. Everything was set up so pretty when we entered the room! The staff were so kind, helpful, and responsive. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone traveling to this area. You will not be disappointed! Thank you Justin for making our stay so wonderful.The king size bed had a very nice memory foam mattress. We had great pillows,a flat screen tv with cable, comfortable seating, and spacious bathroom. They provide a very nice breakfast. The hotel is very clean. The housekeeping staff did a phenomenal job. I never heard any noise coming from the hallway or other rooms. It was very quiet. This is definitely the place to stay when you are in Macon.

Room Tip: All rooms have easy access to ice, vending machines, lobby, pool, gym, elevator, and lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy D

Thank you so much for the review. We really try to accommodate each guest and identify each of their individual needs! Please come back and see us again soon! Thanks again!