“Choice Hotels award standards questionable”

Days Inn Macon I-475
Ranked #16 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Newnan
“Choice Hotels award standards questionable”
Reviewed August 1, 2008

Gold Metal winner. Don't thinks so! Motel is OK. It's clean but carpet needs attention. Alarm clock broken.Great rate. Close to interstate 475. Plenty eateries and shopping close by. Would stay again bt come on, Gold Metal Winner" nah

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank AllenH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Savannah
Reviewed June 16, 2007

I thought getting a hotel through Orbitz would be a great idea. Well was I wrong. This hotel was dirty, the TV had burn marks as did the countersink and bathtub. The bathroom was old and very dirty. The room smelled of something I don't even want to consider. The front desk person was not very helpful , his english was extremely poor so it was hard to understand him or get him to understand me. The fridge was dirty with stuff from the previous occupant still in it. No hair dryer or iron in the room. Had to get the iron from the front desk and it was locked to the board. Who really wants to steal an iron? All in all I will never stary her again and advise people not to either. 6-16-07 Linda, from Georgia

In fact I want my money back!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank booneywitch
ohio
Reviewed January 10, 2007

We stayed here on the way down to Florida. It is right off of I-75 and very convenient. The room was large and clean. We travel with our dogs which they allow. Nice place to stay on the way to and back from Florida. Also the Inn is next to a wonderful Indian food restaurant. We will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2006
Fort Myers, FL
Reviewed October 27, 2006

My wife and I stopped at this Rodeway after seeing signs on I-75. The first room assigned was dirty and run-down. This was not up to our expectations from the advertising slogan, "Inn of the Year". It turns out that that award was in 1993, so that was false advertising. We requested another room, which turned out to be almost as dirty as the first, with dirty surfaces, dirty carpet, tears in the sheets and almost no amenities such as a coffee maker, iron, etc. Needless to say, we spent a creepy night.
Rodeway is part of the ChoiceHotels group, which we have had good luck with, but this Rodeway does not belong there, is to be avoided. It was a profound disappointment.

• Liked — Convenient Interstate Location
  • Disliked — Filthy, run-down room.
  • Tips/Secrets — Avoid it like the plague!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank GHank
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 1, 2006

We stopped for the night on a car trip down South. This place is old, and needs to be leveled. The price of 43.00 was good, but I guess you get what you paid for. The room was so dirty, I wouldnt even let the kids put their PJ's on. I made them sleep in their clothes, which were changed the next day. Loud AC unit, terrible odors, gross carpet, dirty sink and toilet. GROSS GROSS GROSS Never again!

• Stayed May 2005
2 Thank trintrav
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 17, 2005

I wouldn't recomend staying at this hotel. The room had a terrible smell of bodyodor. The sink was dirty and stained. The bathtub and bathroom floor was full of hair. We wanted a quick and easy palce to get a nights sleep while passing thru on the interstate but the air conditioner was so loud sleep was impossible. We had to turn it off and sweat. I figured this was why the room smelled so bad.

Stayed September 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 29, 2004

I have stayed here many times in going up and down I-75. If you want a clean,good sized room at an affordable price,this is the place to stay. The location is also handy to the interstate and restaurants,gas stations,etc.

• Stayed June 2004