As other reviewers have mentioned, getting to it is a merry game! Our sat nav stated "recalculating" a number of times so once we entered the strip mall its a quick left then right under the portico and down the other side, where they do have a few Priority Card parking slots which is handy for cardholders. A quick tip, if returning at night head around the hotel towards the rear entrance is this is well lit - the other side is a bit gloomy and somewhat foreboding. Your key card will allow access.
Check in was pleasant and seemless and we were given a well provided room on the sixth floor. Bed comfy, bathroom clean but the window couldn't be opened, a problem as you can smoke in these rooms if that is your bag - smoke botherers beware! A few good touches were thrown in, such as bottled water and good toiletries, a reasonably sized desk and some local info which was useful.
There are plenty of eateries within a mile but not really much within walking, we went downtown - about three miles to the Rookery. All in a good stop off point. Breakfast was adequate and coffee good and yes my companion raved about the cinnamon rolls. For the Allman Band devotees like us the Rose Hill cemetary is approx one and a half miles on the left as you head into town. Even though we had to negotiate what seemed to be two teams of little leaguers, it was an ok one nighter. If staying on business I think a week would be max.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Magnuson Hotel Macon is conveniently located right off I-75, between Downtown Macon and Northside business districts/attractions. Not to mention only minutes away from the Macon Centerplex and Mercer University. A 93 room interior-corridor hotel with complimentary Hot breakfast and free high-speed Internet in all guest rooms and public areas. Macon is home to the annual Cherry Blossom Festival, Harriet Tubman Museum, and the native home to such musical greats as the Allman Brothers and Otis Redding. Whether you're staying for business or pleasure we look forward to hosting you in Macon, 'The Song and Soul of the South.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Macon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Macon (i-75 And Riverside)
- Holiday Inn Express Macon (i-75 & Riverside) Hotel Macon
- Holiday Inn Macon
- Macon Holiday Inn