The Holiday Inn Express in Macon, Georgia is pretty typical of this type of budget wise hotel choice. Though newer than other hotels in the area, and consistent with the brand, the lobby and dining room are not surprising . . . but kept up well. The desk attendant was relatively cheerful and efficient even when I gave her the state tax exempt forms. She even thanked me for being a Priority Club Member - nice touch. This confirmed that my membership number had been included so that the appropriate points could be awarded without my asking.
The room, again, was typical with the notable absence of the 'comforter' or bedspread. Again, nice update. The bed covers/sheets had a clean look, done in all white with a red accent short cover at the end of the bed. I did find, that it seemed rather light for covers when I went to bed though. I would prefer an extra blanket. The bed was EXTRA firm, great if you like that in a bed. I like a bit more give. What I did not like were the pillows. They were small, made of foam that seemed to have been ripped by hand, un-supportive, and seemed old and tired. When everything else in the hotel seemed updated, the pillows seemed to have been made in the 70's, and never traded out.
Overall, I chose this hotel because it was close to the meeting I was attending at Macon State and seemed to be newer than the other choices in the area. This met my expectations. But be sure to bring your own pillows!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Magnuson Hotel Macon is conveniently located right off I-75, between Downtown Macon and Northside business districts/attractions. Not to mention only minutes away from the Macon Centerplex and Mercer University. A 93 room interior-corridor hotel with complimentary Hot breakfast and free high-speed Internet in all guest rooms and public areas. Macon is home to the annual Cherry Blossom Festival, Harriet Tubman Museum, and the native home to such musical greats as the Allman Brothers and Otis Redding. Whether you're staying for business or pleasure we look forward to hosting you in Macon, 'The Song and Soul of the South.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Macon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Macon (i-75 And Riverside)
- Holiday Inn Express Macon (i-75 & Riverside) Hotel Macon
- Holiday Inn Macon
- Macon Holiday Inn