“Pillow Shame”

Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Savannah, Georgia
“Pillow Shame”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express in Macon, Georgia is pretty typical of this type of budget wise hotel choice. Though newer than other hotels in the area, and consistent with the brand, the lobby and dining room are not surprising . . . but kept up well. The desk attendant was relatively cheerful and efficient even when I gave her the state tax exempt forms. She even thanked me for being a Priority Club Member - nice touch. This confirmed that my membership number had been included so that the appropriate points could be awarded without my asking.

The room, again, was typical with the notable absence of the 'comforter' or bedspread. Again, nice update. The bed covers/sheets had a clean look, done in all white with a red accent short cover at the end of the bed. I did find, that it seemed rather light for covers when I went to bed though. I would prefer an extra blanket. The bed was EXTRA firm, great if you like that in a bed. I like a bit more give. What I did not like were the pillows. They were small, made of foam that seemed to have been ripped by hand, un-supportive, and seemed old and tired. When everything else in the hotel seemed updated, the pillows seemed to have been made in the 70's, and never traded out.

Overall, I chose this hotel because it was close to the meeting I was attending at Macon State and seemed to be newer than the other choices in the area. This met my expectations. But be sure to bring your own pillows!

Room Tip: Room 202 was very quiet!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Macon, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear cnyth,

Thank your for being a Priority Club member and for your review regarding your stay with us. I am very pleased that you found our front desk to be efficient.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't like the pillows. Please accept our sincerest apologies for we have fell short of your expectations on this aspect during your stay.

As a club member, your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to that opportunity of serving you once again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a fast stay here while working in the area. The front desk staff was helpful and quick. The rooms were at holiday inn exp standard. Clean, something I value more than anything else. Breakfast was normal hie standard, nothing great or special....biscuits with no gravy :(
Thank you HIE Macon for a place to catch some zzz.
Will stay here again.
Rates competitive with area hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Teresa H, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Macon, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about stay at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that everything went well during your stay, as we proud ourselves on our customer service. We hope to accommodate you again in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Had a late arrival and was helped with getting a roll away bed for the kids. Uneventfull night and early departure. Breakfast was standard and with nice cinnamon rolls like always! Small breakfast area. Tight breakfast area also parking can be tough. Odd hotel location.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Than you for taking the time to write a review on your stay and hope to accommodate you again in the future.

Thanks
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The location was right off I75 so it was an easy quick overnight stop, but the area it was in was pretty run down and deserted, making a little creepy arriving at night. The rooms were clean enough, but really worn and in need of updating. The free breakfast was ok and they kept it well stocked. The staff was also very friendly. But even for just a quick overnight stay I would not stay at this one again.

• Stayed March 2013
Teresa H, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Macon, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guest; therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Thanks you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had a great stay at the Holiday Inn on Riverside in Macon. The room was extremely clean, and the staff was very polite. They acknowledged me every time they saw me, so I felt more than just a guest ! I really liked how they had coffee all through the day, and it was fresh. I had a pleasant breakfast the next morning, and was happy to see the selection. They had cinnamon rolls, bagels, biscuits, gravy, and Bacon !! Plus much more. Great stay, I'd reccommend it to anyone who wants the best.

Room Tip: Any room in the Hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Teresa H, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Macon, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a revire about your stay. We look forward to accommodating you in the future.
Greer, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We reside in Greenville SC and were called to be with a family member who was in ICU @ Macon Medical Center; shocking to say the least. We booked two nights here and I cannot express how well we were treated as guests under extreme stress...Stephanie and the other gentleman who worked the night shift (his name excapes me but I think it began with a C. ?) Stephanie prayed with us and went above and beyond her job. As far as the hotel; it was spotless.

Room Tip: We stayed in the corridor to the left of the entrance..no noise or disturbances at all.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Teresa H, Front Office Manager at Magnuson Hotel Macon, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the our property. We are happy to here that the staff was able to accommodate so well in your time of need. We hope to accommodate you again in the future.

Thanks
UNIONTOWN, OH
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel was an older hotel in front of a plaza that was for the most part abandoned. The room was clean. The room had a flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator. I was disappointed that it did not have a desk but instead a table. It was difficult to work at the table because the chairs despite being comfortable were too low to work from at the desk. There was no closet but a rack for clothes by the door; it only had 4 hangers. The water was hot in the shower but needed to be much hotter. I requested that the handle be adjusted so I could make it hotter but maintenance never got around to doing it. You could definitely not burn yourself with the water. They had an issue with a water leak at the time that was more important but I was there 3 days and my issue was not addressed. The orange juice at breakfast was very watered down and in my opinion not drinkable. The lighting in the hallway was very dim. I will be in Macon again next month but will select a different hotel. This hotel needs some attention.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Teresa H, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Macon, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations specifically with our services and maintanence control. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.