A recent out-of-state emergency forced us to fly across country with little notice and stay 8 days in a hotel we knew very little about. Happily, we found our stay to be comfortable at every turn. When we needed items we forgot to pack, the hotel provided them. When paper was required for an impromptu meeting, the hotel provided a tablet and folder to house legal documents. Bandaids were offered when we realized a couple were needed. I especially liked their policy of providing bottled water, free of charge, upon request. We requested several bottles each day, and when chilled bottles were available they offered those.
Housekeeping staff were always courteous and available. Front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. We did not eat the hotel breakfasts since we prefer hot breakfast meals; this hotel provides a more continental style selection. No lunch or dinner meals are provided. The hotel is situated in front of a strip shopping area which had a number of vacant storefronts making us wonder about the locale, but we had no reason to feel unsafe and saw no indication the area was problematic.
The room was spacious, and the bed was very comfortable providing ample support for my sensitive lumbar. We both rested comfortably each night. Even in the heatwave we found in GA (106 F one day!) the room was always cool and inviting. The thermostat in the room insured individualized comfort. The bathroom and closet areas were both appropriately sized, and the room contained a medium sized mini-fridge and microwave. Additionally, there was a pull-out sofa, coffee table, lamp, and comfortable and supportive chair in a seating area of the room. The desk was used for dual purposes, offering me the option of a vanity in early mornings and workspace at other times. The large, flat screened television swiveled and was easily seen from all areas of the room.
Parking near the hotel's front entrance was often limited when we returned at night. There will always be parking spaces available on the back side of this hotel due to the shared shopping center venue, but I did not want to leave a vehicle parked in an unsupervised and out of view location, especially where storefronts were for empty and advertised for lease. This was the only negative comment about our stay and fortunately did not pose a problem every evening.
We may have to return to this GA area and will not hesitate to stay in this hotel again. It is reasonably priced, convenient to 2 interstate highways (I-75 and I-16), near the city's downtown corridor, convenient to 2 large hospitals and 1 smaller medical facility, and an easy drive to the major shopping venues of the Macon city area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Magnuson Hotel Macon is conveniently located right off I-75, between Downtown Macon and Northside business districts/attractions. Not to mention only minutes away from the Macon Centerplex and Mercer University. A 93 room interior-corridor hotel with complimentary Hot breakfast and free high-speed Internet in all guest rooms and public areas. Macon is home to the annual Cherry Blossom Festival, Harriet Tubman Museum, and the native home to such musical greats as the Allman Brothers and Otis Redding. Whether you're staying for business or pleasure we look forward to hosting you in Macon, 'The Song and Soul of the South.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Macon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Macon (i-75 And Riverside)
- Holiday Inn Express Macon (i-75 & Riverside) Hotel Macon
- Holiday Inn Macon
- Macon Holiday Inn