“The MOST disgusting place I've ever seen!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #57 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We took a bus full of kids to an indoor drumline competition...Uhm-long story short, we got our money back and left!!! Here is a list of SOME of the issues we had:
* DIRTY sheets (and NO clean ones to change-which makes me believe that they don't WASH them at all)
*POOP on a towel where someone had wiped their rear-end and hung the towel back up on the rack!
*POOP on the toilet seat
*a water leak - flooding in another room
*BLOOD stains on the bed
*FILTHY shower
*prostitutes going in rooms
*crack deals happening in the parking lot
*People smoking pot right in front of their rooms
*Pool=Swamp - yes-it's actually a swamp
*one of the kids' rooms had a sex toy and vaseline in the ceiling tile that fell out!!! A mother had to explain to her young son what it was!!!
THEN--the 'manager' made the rooms made back the way they were and 'investigated' every room before he would refund our money!!!
DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT STAYING HERE!!! I can't believe it is still open for business!!!!! Trust me--spend the extra money!!!
The students are still talking about this disgusting place--it's been almost 6 months!

Room Tip: NO ROOM is a good room here! Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 17, 2010

Room was $40 so I wasn't expecting much but there is a club next door that exits out through the hotel lot. The entire club exedous includes car racing, fights and in our case gun shots and cops.
The room was semi run down but not bad but there was dried blood on the shower wall. Also the free wireless wasn't working. The hotel manager wasn't really concerned and now the $40 doesn't seem like such a deal.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed April 20, 2008

We were traveling I-75 to Florida. I read some great reviews of this motel, so altho it was a long drive, we thought it would be worth it. Words cannot describe how bad this place is.

First room they gave us had water leaking over the sink, towels were dirty, and overall, just really grungy. So the desk guy was very pleasant and quickly gave us a "better" room. That was his description, certainly not mine.

This room didn't leak, but was equally as grungy, and after a long drive, I looked forward to a hot shower. Yikes, half the ceiling was falling down over the tub, it was full of plaster chips and other debris, wire were dangling down. I wasn't dirty enough to get in that shower!

We had been on the road 14 hrs at this point, so we stayed. But left VERY EARLY the next morning. The so-called breakfast ws barely edible. We stopped at the first McDonald for breakfast.

The noise level was also unbearable. We complained to the desk THREE TIMES. Each time he said it was a high school group that was staying there, and they just got back from the convention. I didn't care who or why, just quiet them down. Finally at midnight they went to their rooms. By 6 a.m. they were back at their party noise, but since we were ready to leave by then I didn't care.

No matter how cheap these rooms are, it's still overpriced.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2008

My husband and I had stayed here in Dec 07 and was not pleased at that time, however, we thought we would give it another try since the GM of the hotel "promised" us it wold be a better stay!!! We arrived on Saturday afternoon, the room we had reserved was not available. We had to take another room, we had been in the car over 2 1/2 hours and really needed to use the bathroom, much to our surprise, there was no toilet paper, no tissues, no soap or shampoo in our room. There were two washclothes, no towels, not even a blowdryer. We complained to the management and requested a refund. The manager on duty (the owners Father) refused to refund our money, stating he "would do whatever it takes to get you to stay with us". At this point my husband and this "manager" went off in search of a room that would fill our needs. My 18 year old daughter and I waited in the original room. While we were sitting there, I noticed a red straw sticking up out of the chair I was sitting in, when I reached down and pullted it our of the crack of the chair, a white residue fell off the end of the straw. I laid the straw on the desk in the room and walked out. We were finally put in a room (still one set of towels short) over 2 1/2 hours after we arrived. We had dinner reservations at 7 pm, we had to cancel, as we got to our room around that time. The next morning we discovered we had a broken coffee pot...when we went to check out we found out that just minutes before our arrival on Saturday afternoon, the SWAT team had been on the premises, apparently this motel has a lot of by the weekers, which cause huge problems for the owners. The entrace door to the lobby had been kicked in and the police were escorting people off the property. When we did check out, I went over all the problems we had experienced with the lady at the front counter, she took my name and number and said the new manager would call me. At this point I do have to say that I got a call from the new manager on Monday norning after we returned home, and he was very apologetic for our problems he has just taken over for the owners and is making changes in residence and staffing and ask that we give them another chance and has offered us a free night stay upon our return to Macon, however I am afraid the "third time would not be a charm". Plus the hotel needs a total makeover on the premises and rooms, not just the residence and staff.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2008

If you value your health, stay away from this hotel. My family of four checked in at 6:00 PM, ate dinner at the Applebee's next door, and checked out by 6:45 PM. This is the most disgusting place we have ever been in. After reading the reviews on this site, we made reservations based on what was portrayed. After driving 12 hours, and looking at the room, we were so grossed out, we continued to drive another 8 hours to our destination. Lesson learned. The good news, we were fully refunded for our 45-minute stay.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed March 19, 2007

my husband and i came down on last weekend of the altanta speedway, for the race.
we made our reservation 2 weeks ahead, on 03/16/07-03/19/07.

when we arrived we went to the room (122)and (144). after

seeing (122)room, my husband and i couldn't believe that the room was so very nasty, the bed spread was so old and faded out, curtain smell really bad and the room had a really mild-dew smell like the entrance to the room. i told the nasty rude staff up- front that the room was nasty she gave me a bad attitude and called the manager, we told him that his howard johnston has false adverisement. the rooms was nothing like the hotel showed on the internet. he didn't explained . we asked for our credit card to be credit back and we left and went down the street to (riverside inn)..stayed there our 4 days.. we were also given another room(144), from howard johnston and it had a chair inside the room , it was so filthy and busted-up, and the bottom was coming out from beneath it. the comforter was old like the other one and very dirty looking i have a puppy and when he's in my room he has a comforter in his little bed. i would lie on my puppy comforter before i would lay on howard johnston's. THAT'S HOW FILTHY IT WAS!!!.).( YOU CAN REALLY TELL A FILTHY HOTEL WHEN THE HALLS SMELL MILDEW AND THE RUGS LOOK VERY OLD AND GROUND IN DIRTY. THATS THE (HOWARD JOHNSTON WE DIDN'T STAY IN. STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(FASLE ADVERTISEMENT THAT SHOULD BE A LAW.

Stayed: March 2007
3  Thank FALSEADVERTISEMENT
Reviewed February 12, 2007

This property is very old. They are doing some remodeling. Furnishings and linens showing significant age. New owner trying to clean up the property (remodeling, getting rid of problem guests, etc). The price was right ($40 per night) and the location was good (I-75 @ Pierce Ave Exit on Riverside Drive).

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)