“Brother & Sister-in-Law in Macon for Short Stay”

Baymont Inn & Suites Macon I-75
Ranked #53 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed October 4, 2012

A few weeks back my brother and his family stopped in Macon to visit. I put them up in the Motel 6 as I have little room in my apartment. Bad decision. I visited all of the motels in the area on their next visit--and asked which ones would allow dogs, as he has a small dog.

The staff gave me the room I viewed, and it was completely comfortable. The room was small but cozy. The motel is right next to a shopping center and 24-hour food joints--and it was surprisingly quiet. It was 30 dollars more than Motel 6, but I would have paid 100 dollars more for this place. Everything was perfect--even down to the pool and free breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Elizabeth T, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Baymont Inn & Suites Macon I-75, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Macon, Georgia and sharing your positive experience with us.

We recently took over this hotel and are working extremely hard to make positive changes to the product, while delivering the highest standards in customer service. It is such a rewarding sense of accomplishment when our guests can provide such wonderful comments. Our only success is ensuring that you are happy 100% of the time.

We sincerely hope you will allow us the pleasure of accommodating your family again on their next trip to Macon. Should you ever have any questions or special requests, please contact our General Manager, Mike Faruqi, at 478-474-4989, as we would also like to thank you for your patronage, personally.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

i was staying @ the baymount inn in macon for 8 weeks 2 39.95 then all of a sudden thay raised my room rent and i had to go next dood to the american inn and suit not a good way to do a valued costumer bye billy mccoy

Dear Guest,

We are very appreciative of your comments and pleased your stay with us was positive.

Although I am not certain of the exact details surrounding your rate, I sincerely apologize for all of your inconvenience. We try very hard to ensure we are offering competitive rates, which are reflective of the product quality, amenities and service we provide.

Please be assured we have discussed the issue with our staff to ensure there is much better communication moving forward.

We very much value your business, so if you would like to discuss rates in greater detail, please contact our General Manager, Mike Faruqi, at 478-474-4989.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My stay here at the Baymont was wonderful, first the staff was very friendly and made you feel right at home, the room was well over my expectations, comfortable bedding, flat screen tv, free wifi, complimentary breakfast and very clean and well kept property. I stayed for one night, the rate was very reasonable considering the quality of the hotel.

Kenneth M

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool !

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Macon, Georgia. Your positive feedback ensures we are “keeping our ducks in a row,” as our constant goal is to provide you with the first class service you deserve as our guest.

We recently took over this hotel and are working extremely hard to make positive changes to increase the quality of the product and services. Our company has been operating hotels for over 50 years and our proven success rate is measured only by your complete satisfaction.

We sincerely hope you will choose to stay with us again when traveling to and/or through Macon. Should you ever have any questions or special requests, please don't hesitate to contact our General Manager, Mike Faruqi, at 478-474-4989 as he would also like to thank you, personally.

A TripAdvisor Member
CONYERS
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here for one night after a recommendation from another member of my church. The room was clean and adequate. A fair deal for the price.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Macon, Georgia. We are honored that someone from your church recommended us and so appreciate your positive feedback.

We recently took over this hotel and are working extremely hard to make positive changes to increase the quality of the product and services. We are very pleased that you found our accommodations to be adequate; however, our goal for your next visit is to exceed your expectations.

Any suggestions or comments are always so valuable and welcomed.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again when traveling to and/or through Macon. Should you ever have any questions or special requests, please contact our General Manager, Mike Faruqi, at 478-474-4989, as he would also like to thank you, personally.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is a good value for the price. The location is great if you need to be on the north side of Macon. Some women would not like the doors being accessible directly to the outside but that was convenient for me since I had to carry in many boxes for my business the next day. The bed was comfortable. The room however did have an odd chemical smell when I first entered. Probably the rug. The lamp shades were not in the best shape, but everything worked. The TV was very clear with many channels. I liked having a microwave and refrigerator.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Macon, Georgia. Your comments are so appreciated, and we are extremely pleased that your overall experience with us was so positive.

We do, however, regret the “chemical odor” you found in your room and sincerely apologize for all of your inconvenience. Please be assured we are discussing this issue with our maintenance staff to determine the cause and ensure it does not occur in the future.

We just recently took over this hotel and are working very hard to make positive changes to the quality of the product, while making sure we deliver the highest standards in customer service.

We sincerely hope you will choose to stay with us again when traveling to and/or through Macon. Should you ever have any questions or special requests, please contact our General Manager, Mike Faruqi, at 478-474-4989, as he would also like to thank you, personally.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

What a horrid DIRTY night. The sheets were changed but that is about it. The advertised breakfast was not ready on time and hardly what I have had at other baymonts. If I had paid $30 a night I might have expected it, but the $75 was highway robbery. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Cannot help you there.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Macon, Georgia. Your feedback is extremely valuable, and we appreciate the time you took to make us aware of such a negative situation.

I am horrified by the manner in which you found your accommodations and sincerely apologize for all of your inconvenience.

I cannot speak honestly to your experience, as unfortunately you stayed at the property under prior ownership and management. We recently took over the property this past September and are working extremely hard to make the positive changes that were necessary, as well as, ensuring all of our guests receive the first class service they deserve 100% of the time.

Our company has been in business for over 50 years, and our commitment is to exceed expectations, not merely meet them.

We sincerely hope you will allow our group to show you just how much your business means to us.

If fortunate enough to have that opportunity, we feel confident you will see an incredible difference and will want to return again and again. Please don't hesitate to contact our General Manager, Mike Faruqi, at 478-474-4989, as he will also want to greet you personally.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

2 couples traveling to FL and stopped here on the way. There were no towels or soap in the rooms. The rooms stunk with urine and cigarette smoke. One rooms sink was stopped up, and was overall dirty. Was going to turn on the air conditioner to clear the air, and when I opened the controls there was mold in the vents!
I would keep traveling rather rent a room in this hotel. Terrible!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Macon, Georgia. While we are shocked and embarrassed by your experience, we very much appreciate the time you took to make us aware of the situation.

Unfortunately you stayed at the property under prior ownership and management. We recently took over the property this past September and are working extremely hard to make the positive changes that were necessary, as well as, ensuring all of our guests receive the highest standards in customer service.

We would be so honored if you would allow us the opportunity to show you just how much your business means to us when traveling to and/or through Macon again.

If there is anything we can do in the meantime and/or you would like to discuss in greater detail, please don’t hesitate to contact our General Manager, Mike Faruqi, at 478-474-4989, as he would also welcome the chance to speak to you personally.