$132
CandlewoodSuites
$67
$54
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $67/night.

$68
$150
$134
Hampton.com
$72
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

My friend and I arrived in Macon for a concert.. we got stuck in Atlanta traffic (of course) so when we got to the hotel we had one hour to get checked in and in our room to get ready to leave to head to the venue. We approach the address (as the gps said) and there is no sign and it looked like a run down building, maybe 2 cars in the parking lot. My friend runs in to ask if we are at the correct place and she waves for me to come in, I park the car and grab my purse to check in.. when I get inside there are 2 boys (no older than 17) sitting at the desk and very nonchalantly tell me that "the guy who checks people in is out running and errand and will be back in a little bit... hmm, I had a 2 o'clock check in time and it's currently 4 O'clock. I was not very happy of course. I proceed to ask exactly when he will be back because we have somewhere to be.. he says maybe 15 minutes. I asked where the restroom is and he signals me to a door that reads "out of order" I said the door that says out of order? "Yep, that's it.." My friend goes out to get her curling iron and she starts curling her hair in the lobby and I'm doing make up in the nasty bathroom they led me to (we drove 4 hours to get there so we had to get ready)and finally the "manager" shows up and after one of the boys runs out to fill him in (I'm sure) he comes in and doesn't speak a word to me as he checks me in.. very rude and unprofessional. We booked a non smoking room and when we walked in our room (# 121) the smell of smoke almost knocked us down when we opened the door. No time to complain bc we had to leave in 15 mins at this point! Also, if I had time I would have thrown a fit and cancelled (even tho it was past the cut off time for cancellation) but we no other choice at that point. The whole place was terrible and disgusting and I would never step foot back in that place!

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank ka1992
Reviewed August 24, 2016

This was an overnight stay on our way down to Orlando. I was a bit nervous after seeing some of the reviews. When we arrived, the hotel banner was flopped over, the door to the reception area was locked except for the front vestibule and there was no one at the reception desk. I dialed the phone there and eventually a guy came out, didn't seem too concerned about having business.

As others gave said, it's an older hotel. My impression is it's family owned/operated now. But the bed was comfortable and they were helpful when we needed plates and utensils for our carryout food. Bathroom could use a good scrubbing but overall, everything worked and the room was as expected. I would stay again if I was in the area.

One final thought; if you have to pay extra for the Free Breakfast, then it's really not free.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank RumblingBumbling
Reviewed July 24, 2016

We stopped here for a quick 12 hours while driving to Orlando. Room was nice with a comfortable bed and couch, but floor certainly needed better vacuuming. Breakfast was good - making one's own waffles is always a treat. Jasmine at the front desk was very helpful, especially when it appeared that our pre-paid reservation did not show. Note, though, that hotel isn't well marked and only has a torn banner/sign on the building which we only recognized because we had seen a picture on Hotels.com. Very close to a large shopping center.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed April 1, 2016 via mobile

We paid 51.5 and made reservations about 30 minutes before we got there online. The room was a bit old but it was clean other than a couple stains on pillow cases. Everything we asked for they got us quickly. Nothing bit me during the night.
Breakfast bar had coffee, juices, hot chocolate, bread, waffles, and 1 cereal. Could have added bagels or some donuts.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
ChecebaK5075AG, General Manager at Regency Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2016

Thank you for your kinds words and the time you took to share them with us. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property

Reviewed March 30, 2016

We were traveling with our puppy and needed a room. This was Red Roof Inn last Dec 2015. We called from 200 miles away and Red Roof gave us this Macon location. We arrived approx 9pm. This hotel was not in the best area. We were already on the road 15 hours and needed a place to sleep at a Pet Friendly location. We stayed at this dump.The room was old, filthy and smelly. It really want fit for our puppy. We stayed when we should have just checked out but we were too tired. Within an hour some people were pounding on our door. I told them to go away and they swore at me. 15 minutes later the police sirens started. Police were constantly going up and down the road. We could not rest or sleep. A short time later we heard more sirens and flashing lights in the parking lot. I went out and saw several police cars. The cops had 1 guy in handcuffs and other people were now around. If I had to guess, there were drug dealers, hookers and others around. I should have known what area we were in as before we checked inthis hotel, I stopped to buy gas 2 blocks away. The bars on the window should have told me don't stay. I should have also never checked in as the hotel clerk was inside bullet proof glass. This place is a DUMP and is UNSAFE. STAY ELSEWHERE. DRIVE NORTH OR SOUTH OF EXIT IN MACON, GA. ON I-475

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere.. This is a Dump and not a good area of town.
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
ChecebaK5075AG, General Manager at Regency Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2016

Hello,
I am very sorry about your stay here at the Red Rest Inn, I do apologize. If you would like to discuss this matter please give us a call. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.