“I put a poor review here by mistake titled "run down"”
Review of Red Rest Inn

Red Rest Inn
Ranked #35 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Lakeland, Florida
“I put a poor review here by mistake titled "run down"”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I have not stayed here. I wrote a review for red roof inn on River Place Drive because it was run down . I have not stayed at this location but I am trying to correct my review because the management kindly informed me to check the address and indeed I did write a poor review for this location by accident and I have not been able to correct it through Tripadvisor and I don't want people to be swayed by my review of the run down location of RedRoof Inn on River Place Drive since there are two red roof locations in
Macon, Georgia.

• Stayed December 2013
RRI-West, Public Relations Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear 45642211, We hope your Christmas was truly Merry! Thank you for your correction. As a note, for a listing of newly renovated properties, please visit the brand's web site. Click the "About Us" link for the latest updated listings. If you are contacting the call center be sure to ask the representative for the nearest newly renovated property. All of us at Red Roof want you to be 100 percent satisfied with your stay. Please give each and every one of us the opportunity not only to serve you, but to make things right if something goes wrong! Happy New Years!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Late night Mr. Mark Triveda and the morning crew helped me to have a great stay on my way to see family. Nothing out of place for the cost and staff went out of their way to ensure I and my dog enjoyed ourselves. Thanks!

• Stayed December 2013
RRI-West, Public Relations Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear midnightsurf, Happy Holidays!... This is a great review. I am sure that Mr. Trivedi and the staff would love to read this post. Please correct the post by logging onto the Red Roof Macon link. The address is 3950 River Place Drive, Macon, GA. directly off I-75. Have a Happy New Year from the staff of Red Roof Macon-West.

Red Roof Macon-West is the exterior property. All rooms have 32" flat screens, and are entered from the outside (pull up and park). We are located off I-475 exit 3 US 80/Roberta. Our pool is closed for the season.
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I use extended stay here in the winters off and on. The rooms are very spacious (formerly comfort inn in a previous life) and all have mini fridge and microwave. New management is nice and has upgraded the coverlets on the bed. Carpets recently steam cleaned. I bring my own soft towels and they launder them and return them at end of day! Deni the manager is great and has been here since I first got here. Good eats nearby. They don't use excessive air freshener thank goodness.

• Stayed December 2013
RRI-West, Guest Relations Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear JillNeimark, Happy Holidays! We appreciate you taking the time from you busy holiday activities to post a review of your stay with us. We are always glad to hear from you. Please come again soon. Merry Christmas and Have a Happy New Year!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I been here for a week and the staffs were extremely nice the rooms were clean and it was a quiet environment I slept noise free. If u like nature get a room on the back side it's a perfect place for dogs. I hope I travel Macon again so I could stay at this wonder place again.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013
RRI-West, Guest Relations Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Pitta123,

We appreciate your comments about your stay with us. It is a pleasure to have served you. We hope you make your next, and all future reservations directly at redroof.com. Ask us about the best rates for savings and rewards. Become a loyal member to keep up with the latest trends at Red Roof, and call us direct for great holiday savings!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stay at a lot of Red Roof Inns when I travel because I like the Pet Policy (even though I did not have my pet with me this time). We were just traveling through and staying one night at this Red Roof Inn. It clearly has not been renovated in a while, but even so, it was clean and neat. The bed was comfortable and everything was in order. The room smelled clean and it was quiet. What more can you ask for in a small inexpensive hotel just off the interstate. It was nice they had some choices for breakfast as some of the Red Roof Inns do not...some merely offer coffee...this one had bagels, waffles, juice, toast, and fruit. I like that. Thanks! I'll stop by again on my way through.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RRI-West, Guest Relations Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear DrBillH., We truly appreciate your review detailing the highlights of our property. Our new housekeeping team is thrilled that you mentioned the cleanliness of the room. They are dedicated and efficient; and that Mr. BillH. works for everybody! In our efforts to improve on our services, Red Roof Inns' "Continuous Education" program is on going and available to all staff members. So, we are looking forward to seeing better service results as well. Room renovations are still in the planning stage. We have not installed the hard wood flooring, yet recently all the carpets and furnishings were professionally cleaned. Currently in progress is updating all the guest rooms with the new bedding. We've completed installing new 32' flat screens in all standard rooms, and our superior kings features new 39" flat screens. We expect to complete minor and major renovations within the near future. Thank you again Mr. BillH. for giving us the opportunity to showcase our inn.
mason,ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I don't usually complain but maybe we just had some bad luck. The front desk was rude to us at check in-she never smiled and was not accommodating at all, the room was dirty (food behind the beds, hairs, something stuck to the corner, splatters on the walls). To make matters worse for us, a pest control truck was pulling out just as we checked in and we saw him come out of the room with the rude employee right before she gave us the key card to the room-not a good sign. My first thought was bed bugs. I did not see any though during our stay but just the site of the truck had me thinking. The couch bed didn't have any linens on it or any pillows. The pool was clean and nice however some shady people showed up and swam in their street clothes and drank vodka from a 2 liter bottle and made out on top of their car in front of my kids and were using foul language. They told us they swim there all the time on hot days. That was a little over the top for us. No security in the lots at all. We chose it due to the price and reviews-I think the price was fine but from now on I will spend a little more and be comfortable and feel clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kzdem8
RRI-West, Owner at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Kzdem8 ,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Macon West Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Red Roof West is under new ownership. Cleanliness and security is on the top of our to do list.