“Great Place to stay on the way to Florida”
Review of Red Rest Inn

Red Rest Inn
Ranked #37 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Tennessee
“Great Place to stay on the way to Florida”
Reviewed July 15, 2008

We were not sure what to expect, but were pleasantly surprised. The 2 queen size beds were very comfortable and the linens appeared to be new and more luxurious than we expected for a comfort inn. The room was very clean and comfortable. We stayed on the way to FL and decided to stay again on the way back. The pool appeared to be very small, but we did not use it. The breakfast was ok, quick and easy and allowed us to get back on the road without stopping again. I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a clean place to stay on the way south. The staff was very pleasant.

• Liked — convenience
  • Disliked — pink counters in the lobby were very out dated
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
kansas city
Reviewed December 29, 2007

Our room was adjacent to the housekeeping storage area. Apparently there was a hot water heater gone bad that was banging all night long that kept us from sleeping. When the front desk was called an offer to switch rooms was never mentioned. We asked if there was anything he could do for us and he just said he would write the manager a note in the morning. There would be no way a person could of sleept through this noise.

Stayed December 2007
RRI-475, Front Office Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2011
Dear Valued guest. Our policy is to find resolved to every concern within a reasonable amount of time. I am sorry we fell short of this goal with you. Our Guest Service Representative are empowered to made decision to satisfy guest concerns of this nature based on the best solution they see fit for the time period of each incident. During the night we entrust the well being, and care of our guest to the best judgment of our staff until a member of management can be reached.
We thank you for this review and please know that we have taken corrective measures to insure this does not happen again
jersey city, nj
Reviewed August 19, 2007

Based on reviews, I stayed here on my trip south. This is an above average Comfort Inn with free Internet and very reasonable. Would stay here again. Not too far from Sconyers for very good BBQ.

• Stayed August 2007
1 Thank njdriver
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 29, 2007

I made reservations at this hotel on March 30, 2007, on our way to Ft. Myers Beach. Because of traffic delays we arrived at our hotel at 3:15 am and they gave our room away. When I made the reservations and GUARANTEED it for late arrival, I told the person at the hotel it would be way after midnight before I would arrive knowing that traffic would be a problem for spring break travelers. There wasn't another hotel room from macon to Gainsville Florida. So we havd to sleep in the vehicle not fun for four people I might add. Then they put the room charge on my credit card bill and said I was a NO Show-I don't think so. This will be the last time I ever use Comfort Inn again!!!! And this was a try again for Comfort Inn you failed miserably.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank bonjovifan357
Dear guest. I am grateful for the opportunity to extend an apology for that very unfortunate and uncomfortable night. The hotel is now under a new management and is now a RRI. We apologize on the behalf of the past management and franchise. I know if you are in Macon, GA again and stay at our now RRI. You will have an awesome stay!
Georgia
Reviewed March 9, 2007

I stay at the Comfort Inn West frequently on business. It has always been consistently clean and well kept. The staff has been extremely accomodating. Much nicer than other Comfort Inn's I have stayed in.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Dvlpr
Catlin, Illinois
Reviewed January 13, 2007

We stayed here both down and back from our Florida trip. It is a smaller motel and what we really liked was that it was away from the highway noise.
The rooms both times were clean and well stocked with towels.
The free breakfast was limited to ceral, muffins and waffels.
I would recommend this motel for travelers who want a restful noghts sleep.

• Liked — Away from the highway noise
  • Disliked — Limited breakfast options
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rwdw
Reviewed December 27, 2005

Our family of 5 stayed here on the way down to DisneyWorld on the 14th of December. We got a good rate and they also honored AAA discount. The room was very clean and spacious. I am picky especially when we travel with our kids and I was very pleased to stay here for a quick overnight stay on the road.

• Stayed December 2005