“Not so nice room and employees-just below average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Rest Inn

Red Rest Inn
Ranked #36 of 68 Hotels in Macon
mason,ohio
“Not so nice room and employees-just below average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I don't usually complain but maybe we just had some bad luck. The front desk was rude to us at check in-she never smiled and was not accommodating at all, the room was dirty (food behind the beds, hairs, something stuck to the corner, splatters on the walls). To make matters worse for us, a pest control truck was pulling out just as we checked in and we saw him come out of the room with the rude employee right before she gave us the key card to the room-not a good sign. My first thought was bed bugs. I did not see any though during our stay but just the site of the truck had me thinking. The couch bed didn't have any linens on it or any pillows. The pool was clean and nice however some shady people showed up and swam in their street clothes and drank vodka from a 2 liter bottle and made out on top of their car in front of my kids and were using foul language. They told us they swim there all the time on hot days. That was a little over the top for us. No security in the lots at all. We chose it due to the price and reviews-I think the price was fine but from now on I will spend a little more and be comfortable and feel clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kzdem8
RRI-West, Owner at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Kzdem8 ,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Macon West Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Red Roof West is under new ownership. Cleanliness and security is on the top of our to do list.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I been here 6days and it is a nice clean hotel in area I like the sercvice and the staff is very nice I will be back love it. It was quite and nice and clean rooms.the store was convicted for us and resurants and nice pool clean and had lundry on site that is good............................
...

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RRI-West, Public Relations Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Michelled2975,

We appreciate you being our guest at the Macon West Red Roof. It is great to know your stay went well and you were pleased with our services. Hopefully you are a loyal member earning points for your stay; if not, please visit our home page to sign up. Also, you can save up to 15% - 20% at by making your reservation online vie our home page as well. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I absolutely enjoyed my stay there. Everyone was extremely nice and professional the entire time i was there. I slept like a baby and noise free. I enjoyed the pool area while taking in a nice nap in the sun. I had a great experience and can't wait to visit there real soon.

Room Tip: Just plain ole courteousness to others will work every time.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RRI-West, Guest Relations Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Cynthia F.,

We can not think of a better way to end a long tiring day other then a good night's sleep. We are glad you were able to be fresh and bright to start your new day. As you know, we are always glad to have you as our guest. It will be our pleasure to see you soon!
Arthur, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our room was warn, but okay. There are a lot of hotels in the area with comparable prices. I would probably try another place if I was in the area, but this place was okay. The front desk staff were nice, and breakfast was basic and again....okay. The internet was quite slow and inconsistent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bigfeet,

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We value your opinion and appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Macon West Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope to see you again.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Room was a good value, so we booked it online. Seemed clean enough until we got in bed. The sheets were not only dirty, but had a chunk of something stuck to it and still looked wet. It was yellowish brown, not sure what it was, but it grossed me out. Husband went and asked for new sheets to put on bed and was given some that were folded nicely, but when we opened those, they had a huge brown stain on them (at least it wasn't chunky or wet). Breakfast was o.k. Hotel was o.k. I wouldn't stay here again though.

Room Tip: Stay next door
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amy S
RRI-West, General Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Amy S,
We are very pleased that you took more of your valuable time to work with us in resolving the circumstances of your stay. The information you provided pointed out the direct source of our errors. We had a very unusual situation occur within our housekeeping department which caused us to rely on relief workers that resulted in a devastating outcome. Regardless of this fact, we take full responsibility for our failure to come through with our services. As was mentioned earlier, we are truly sorry we did not catch the problem in time. We have since recovered from the shortage and have gained reliable personnel; and, we are back on track.

Our hats' are off to you for giving us the opportunity to assure we were able to be direct, and concise with the origin of these occurrences, which brought about a quick resolve.

Again, I would like to stress our deepest regret of the condition of the bed linens. And if you haven't already given up on us, we would like you to come stay with us on the house. We owe you one!

Best Regards,
Lake Park, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We pulled in on Friday June 14 around 5pm the desk clerk was very nice even though she was busy,I ask the price for one room one night 2 people was very pleased with the price we looked at the room before we paid and found it was very clean and it had a sleeper couch.The A/C was cold the bed very comfortable all and all we had a very nice stay.breakfest was standard but fresh and stocked.I will being staying here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RRI-West, Guest Relations Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear dbrown3941, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Macon West Red Roof.

Deni Harrison
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

been staying here for 5 days. room clean nice size flat screen, internet is free, house keeping are friendly. good breakfast. definitely coming back. best pet friendly hotel i have ever been to. the scenery on the top floor front side is the best. watching the sun come up is the best in my taste. pool is clean and deep and stays open till 11pm which i love cause i like swimming at night. hotel is nest to good restaurants which is walking distance for those who wants to exercise. SAVES ME GAS!

Room Tip: rooms that are in the front is amazing, watching the sun come up from that view is beautiful. roles...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RRI-West, General Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Yushua S,
You are most definitely correct regarding the top floor’s front side. If you are a sun worshipper, that’s the side to be on. The sunrise is very lovely. Top floor gives you a small overview of the area in which you can also see nearby restaurants. There are a few rooms overlooking the pool which is a plus for parents wanting to keep an watchful eye from the balcony. Also surprisingly, I-475 is just far away to be seen but not heard. For travelers trying to find us, don’t go too far. We tell callers we can see I-475 from the lobby’s dining area. If you see Sam’s Club on your right, you’ve driven too far. We greatly appreciate your review Yushua S., and your helpful traveler’s tip. Please come again soon. D. Williams and Staff.