See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 25, 2011

This whole thing was a mess! We stayed June 30, 2011. I have waited to post on T.A. because I had hoped this would be resolved.

Watch out when you make reservations on Red Roof's online page. Make sure you check the dates after you book the room (if you even decide to after reading this). There's a gliche in the system which reserves your room for the very next day, instead of the dates you choose. You have to hit "Update" at the bottom of the page (which you don't see unless you scroll all the way down) before you hit "Rent This Room". Stupid, yes, and corporate I.T. knows about the problem. I was charged for the room, but the manager allowed us to stay on the date we originally wanted anyway. Fine - that problem was resolved with me.

Our problems continued, though. We arrived after driving 12 hours in the middle of the night. We got to our room with luggage, kids, etc, and our room had something white (looked like yogurt or milk or I don't even want to know) all over the bedspreads and blankets. We were so tired and didn't figure we'd need the blankets in July so we just put the bedspreads and blankets on the floor. When I got in bed, I discovered the sheets had holes in them. Ultimately, the AC got too cold and we froze. It was on the lowest setting. I mentioned the dirty linens to the housekeeper the next day as we were checking out so the next guest would have a cleaner room. I got a call later that day from the mgr and she said that room had been a long term rental previously, and wasn't even cleared for rental and that we'd be compensated. I have to say I was impressed.....I assumed we'd get a full refund. We corresponded via email for weeks and ultimately I got $10 back. I emailed, questioning this amount saying that staying in a dirty room warranted more than that. Then I got an email and there was some mention of refunding 50% because of the no show (which had nothing to do with the dirty room). They missed the point, altogether. They applied a refund, but it wasn't even 50%. This was so confusing and messed up. The mgr and I finally spoke on the phone (July 25) and we each expressed our concerns. She kept harping on the fact that we didn't call the desk and ask to move rooms (in the middle of the night). I didn't expect any other room to be much cleaner, really. I actually didn't even ask for a refund until I got the call that said the room wasn't supposed to be rented at all. There was a sign in the room that said that they change linens every three days if it's a longer rental. Did we sleep on used sheets???? YUK. Ultimately, she said "I'm done with this." I asked her if it was all worth the $30 discrepancy to get bad reviews. She said she was OK with me finally posting the reviews. So you decided if you want to stay here or not.

Room Tip: make sure it has been cleaned. check sheets, blankets, etc before you settle in.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
RRI-475, General Manager at Regency Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2011

Dear guest, if this was a court of law where the bottom line is written in plain black in white, it would not matter how this all happened; be it human error, or technical error. An error occurred that just should not have occurred in the hotel industry. However, I can assure you that this did not happen because of carelessness. With staff changes affecting both areas of front desk, and housekeeping we have only a few seasoned staff members trying to hold things together until the new trainees get up to speed. We are all putting in a lot of hours, and we are all trying to fill in, and make up the difference, and pull the team together; but we failed and made a regrettable mistake! Out of exhaustion, and pressed for time I skimmed through details I should have found the time to look into more thoroughly. Maybe also, since it was not made clear at the beginning, I could have been more direct by asking you “what was your choice of resolution”. During the telephone conversation, my inquiries were not meant to “harp” on why you did not call the front desk once becoming aware of the error. As I stated, I truly wanted to understand how I failed, throughout all our previous correspondences, to establish your trust that we all had wanted the best for you; and that, one small gesture could have made the difference between an uncomfortable night and a comfortable one. I dutifully can say that I can assure you that we did not mean to make this mistake. We are taking steps to see to it that this does not repeat itself. We have made additional staff changes. We have implemented new procedures: one is; I will no longer make quick decisions, I will definitely wait for all facts to be in hand, and hope that the laps-in-time does not inconvenience anyone. I have to know which demand to answer to; because, it is not enough to mean well, or to have good intentions. I have to be on point! The second, as a priority for the late night travelers who arrive after our courtesy call hour, we apologize in advance if we have made a mistake in the room type or in the quality of the room. We would be happy to make the arrangements’ of your choice to ensure the comfort, and satisfaction of your stay. We will get straight to the point!

Reviewed June 21, 2011

This hotel was in a convenient location for the interstate access, food and shopping. The staff were friendly and met all our needs. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. We used the pool all afternoon and it was very clean and well kept. We enjoyed the sun room at breakfast and all the normal breakfast items were available plus a waffle maker. We are planning to use this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank gailbundy
RRI-475, Manager at Regency Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us here in Macon. We are glad the pool was enjoyable, and that you were pleased with our facilities.

I too, like the sun room, it is one of my favorite places to be during sunrise and sunset.

Best wishes to you and your family. Please come again and bring a friend!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel used to be a member of another chain, which recently went to internal hallway only. Red Roof benefited! This hotel has excellent mattresses. Clean. A basic business travel hotel, that also welcomes the vacation traveler. Inexpensive. Free Continental Breakfast, including waffles. No meats, just breads, muffins, cereal, and the like. Nice and helpful staff. Slept well. The rooms have minifridges and microwaves. Great, no frills, place to stay. Stayed on the way down to Daytona, and slept so well, we stayed on the trip back! Will stay again.
Used the Red Hot Deal, off the internet website, where if you use a credit card to lock in your stay, you save even more, and your discount is even better than AAA or AARP. Our stays were under $40 a night.
If you like inexpensive, no frill, but clean hotels, join their Redicard service, as you can earn free night stays or air miles. And the Redicard service allows for telephone reservations and a better cancellation policy.
NOTE: This is not the Radisson, or even a Holiday Inn. But it is a great value, with great staff, and clean. If that is what you are looking for, this is it.

Room Tip: Go to Red Roof's website to get best deals.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jalaw

It is so nice of you to take the time to detail our facilities, and services so extensively. You are the quality of guest that show great appreciation for our efforts. We can only wish to return the favor by appreciating you more.

Everyone has read your review, (it has been the Top of the Day for us). It is the "Very Best Review Ever"! We are all very pleased your stay went well, and we hope to see again soon; and, make sure you take advantage of our discount specials on your next stay!

Again, Thank you so much for your support.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

We were traveling through on our way to Florida with our dogs. The staff was nice and hotel was very clean, a bonus with a micro and fridge. They take pets at no additional charge unlike other hotels and the rooms smelled clean. It wasn't far off the highway, so very convenient. Free breakfast that was adequate. A great valu all around. What more could you ask for. When we do this again next year, we'll definetely stay hereI

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C0rinne_P
RRI-475, Manager at Regency Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2011

Thanks for Staying. We are all glad that your stay went well, and both you, and your pet were able to enjoy your trip together!

Reviewed March 13, 2011

I stayed here the first week of March. The staff was very friendly and always kept a smile on their face. They made sure that my stay was a good one. They serve fresh coffee 24 hours in the lobby so I didnt have to keep making my own in the room. The Wi-fi was very fast and this was a plus since I needed it for my work. The rooms were clean and didn't smell which is something I didnt expect since this is a pet friendly hotel. It wasnt hot enough for the pool to open yet but I will stay again in July so I hope to experience that. Their breakfast was really nice for the price you pay. If you are looking for a nice clean room and dont want to spend an arm and a leg. This is the place to stay. I will definatly return. Thanks for your great stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TwinkleShiningStar

A three cheers HOORAY! You're so kind. Please come again, and bring a friend, from all of us at Red Roof Inn Macon, West!