“PLEASE HAVE THIS SHUT DOWN”
Review of Palm Tree Inn

Palm Tree Inn
Ranked #60 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Macon, Georgia
“PLEASE HAVE THIS SHUT DOWN”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The front of the motel was half decent so if your looking for a cheap place to stay you might consider until you get inside. The lobby had a musty and hazardous type area. The man was talking to some bum and while i was waiting i noticed spots on the couch that smelled like urine. The TV station in the lobby where 'CHILDREN' could possibly be had inappropriate language on it. The man was finally done talking and he was extremely nosy and rude.I got lost on my way to the room and saw leaks and creaks in the ceiling AND floor. This man who looked like he was in a gang walked up to me for change.I said NO and thought i was in trouble but he just grunted and stomped away. I could NOT get in my room with the key and went back to get some help but he just gave me another key.It finally worked after i almost broke the door down.It was noon but i was still tired so i thought id take a nap but children ran around to much for me to lay down. I hadn't even stayed a day and was frightened so i went to just chill at the pool and i saw 'critters' swimming in scum and asked for a refund after that so i went up to my room to get my bags and a maid had cleaned because the bed was made and until today i cant find my ear phones. That place is home to bums,drug-attics,and thieves. NEEDS TO BE BULLDOZED!!!

Room Tip: If you want to stay in this dump get near the lobby because that's one of the only ares that get...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Robert F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sausalito, California
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We was here for Cherry Festival
They have a room for 4 days For $99.99
Nice room wood floor ,King-size With refrigerator and microwave ... We had a great time there .. We definitely come and stay next year.....

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Aaron V
.........
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is no motel 6 but as I was leaving it was changed to Palm Tree Extended Stay . But no matter what you call this place , it is terrible. Some of the A/C are broken , leak in the roof (at least some rooms leak) , smoke smell in the room to the point I couldn't breath in there. Trash everywhere, even right after the maid service been through. Though , I would hardly call them maids , seeing how the room never looks clean, the towels , washcloths, sheets and pillows were too dirty that we actually bought our own stuff to stay there for the time we had no choice but to do. (due to having pets and not rich) The dorm fridge stunk as well. I barely touched it with cleaning rag , and it cleaned up fairly easily which just shows how little they do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TWIB4000
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed May 5, 2012

This place is filthy to say the least. I was traveling with my elderly Mother and have always found Motel 6 to be clean and a good place for an overnight stay, so I made a reservation before I left home for an overnight in Macon. I noticed when I got there that the entrance door was dirty, but look over it. They gave me keys to a room, they did not work, so I went to the desk they changed my room these keys worked. I went in, could not believe the condition of the room. It was filthy, the linens were soiled, the TV did not work, the phone was dead. I looked behind the refrigerator to see if the TV was plugged in, (it was) and all I saw was trash. The hall carpets was stained, I could go on and on. Needless to say, we did not stay. I went to the desk and told them we were not staying and that I wanted a refund. The clerk did not even ask why we were leaving. I agree with Rob R, we were lucky to get out of there without antibiotics. I also, am surprised that they are able to carry the Motel 6 logo. I did contact corporate at Motel 6. If they allow them to stay in business carrying the Motel 6 logo, that does not speak highly of Motel 6.

Room Tip: Go a few miles north to Locust Grove and try the Red Roof Inn. Very nice, clean and wonderful peopl...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank JAM M
Macon, Georgia, United States
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We almost stayed at the Motel 6 on Friday, Feb.10, 2012. My fiance and I live in Macon, but we decided to have a date night. Upon arriving at the motel, it looked fine from the outside. We went in and the desk clerk felt the need to finish her conversation with her friend before even acknowledging us standing there for 5 min. We checked into the room. When we opened the door, I was mortified of what I saw. The room smelled as if a dead body was in it. The carpet was filthy. There were spots on the towels. The bed looked as if a 6 yr old made it and the comforter had holes all over it, like someone had ironed on it or smoked on it. The room was disgusting. We didnt even sit our bags down. We went back to the front desk and told the guest clerk what the problem was. She said absolutely nothing!!! No apology, didn't ask if we wanted a different room or anything. She just sat a yellow slip on the counter and asked us to sign it and sat our money on the counter. I am currently a guest service representative at a hotel and everything that happened is unacceptable. I will never, ever, lay foot inside that dungeon they call a motel again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lashonda W
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Previous reviews are correct. Don't know how motel 6 let's them keep the name. This property is absolutely filthy and discusting. Apparently the vacuum cleaner stopped working 5 years ago by the look of it. Seriously, the place looks like a crime scene. Stay away and call the CDC if they are still in business when you go past.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Rob R
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Maybe back in the 70s this was a nice place. I can't believe Motel 6 allows their name to be used on this place. My company made me stay there a week and I left after 4 days! The pool was green and locked. The maids had no working vacuums. Linens were old and dirty. Roaches in the microwave, refrigerator and bathroom. Broken tiles in shower. Broken lamps in room 0nly 1 worked. TV was fuzzy most channels unwatchable. Low or no wifi signal. No laundry. Hallway carpets wet, moldy and smelled of pee. Dog hair all over the place. No security all entrance doors open all night, my car was broken into, things taken. Cigarette butts all over the place. Trash and roaches in hallways. 1 working Ice machine on second floor complete with roaches. Food in vending machine expired. No working phones in rooms.
Mold on walls. Had enough? I just scratched the surface. Daily 7 am knocking on door to see if I was staying over even though a week had been paid for. Prostitutes in room one one side of me and six construction workers on other with a hotplate in their room cooking all night, the smells were awful. These are some of the highlights I experienced in only four days. Don't stay here, even if they paid you!

Room Tip: A tent in the woods would be better!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business