“Rude Staff..Disgusting, Nasty Hotel”
Review of Palm Tree Inn

Palm Tree Inn
Ranked #60 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Macon, Georgia, United States
“Rude Staff..Disgusting, Nasty Hotel”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We almost stayed at the Motel 6 on Friday, Feb.10, 2012. My fiance and I live in Macon, but we decided to have a date night. Upon arriving at the motel, it looked fine from the outside. We went in and the desk clerk felt the need to finish her conversation with her friend before even acknowledging us standing there for 5 min. We checked into the room. When we opened the door, I was mortified of what I saw. The room smelled as if a dead body was in it. The carpet was filthy. There were spots on the towels. The bed looked as if a 6 yr old made it and the comforter had holes all over it, like someone had ironed on it or smoked on it. The room was disgusting. We didnt even sit our bags down. We went back to the front desk and told the guest clerk what the problem was. She said absolutely nothing!!! No apology, didn't ask if we wanted a different room or anything. She just sat a yellow slip on the counter and asked us to sign it and sat our money on the counter. I am currently a guest service representative at a hotel and everything that happened is unacceptable. I will never, ever, lay foot inside that dungeon they call a motel again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lashonda W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Previous reviews are correct. Don't know how motel 6 let's them keep the name. This property is absolutely filthy and discusting. Apparently the vacuum cleaner stopped working 5 years ago by the look of it. Seriously, the place looks like a crime scene. Stay away and call the CDC if they are still in business when you go past.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Rob R
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Maybe back in the 70s this was a nice place. I can't believe Motel 6 allows their name to be used on this place. My company made me stay there a week and I left after 4 days! The pool was green and locked. The maids had no working vacuums. Linens were old and dirty. Roaches in the microwave, refrigerator and bathroom. Broken tiles in shower. Broken lamps in room 0nly 1 worked. TV was fuzzy most channels unwatchable. Low or no wifi signal. No laundry. Hallway carpets wet, moldy and smelled of pee. Dog hair all over the place. No security all entrance doors open all night, my car was broken into, things taken. Cigarette butts all over the place. Trash and roaches in hallways. 1 working Ice machine on second floor complete with roaches. Food in vending machine expired. No working phones in rooms.
Mold on walls. Had enough? I just scratched the surface. Daily 7 am knocking on door to see if I was staying over even though a week had been paid for. Prostitutes in room one one side of me and six construction workers on other with a hotplate in their room cooking all night, the smells were awful. These are some of the highlights I experienced in only four days. Don't stay here, even if they paid you!

Room Tip: A tent in the woods would be better!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Martin M
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We pulled up to find a completely incompetent group of owners that took about a half hour to check us in as they couldn't understand how to run a credit card. We finally got to our room to find dirt and dust everywhere, with sheets that looked like they were 30 years old. The shower had tiles falling off, with mold growing everywhere. To add to the ambiance, they forgot to stock the room with towels. Apparently their normal crack smoking, 20 minute quickie clientele don't need them, so why would we? When asked for towels, the gentleman at the front desk was genuinely surprised. He reached into a bin of unfolded (clean?) towels and gave us a few. Since we only stayed one night, we didn't get a chance to take advantage of the "amenities" like the green algae filled swimming pool. Maybe they washed the sheets after we left, maybe not.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Suzanne S
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2011

im not one to down places but omg!!!! this place was awful.....the hall ways and rooms smelled musty and like dog pee. the microwave and frig was dirty and the micro didnt work, the secruity light in the back didnt come on. they have a pool in the middle it was dirty as well and the whole time ur swimming u can see and hear the male wait staff hitting on u in front of my kids.then to top it off the have roaches!!!!! well the only good thing i can say is that they didnt have bed bugs!!! they say they have wi fi but the bars are so low u cant get it in ur room

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank lesliegaskill31
Osceola, Arkansas
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I was traveling to Florida and needed to stop to sleep. My room and service were great. The only problem was the hygiene. The pool was terribly dirty. It was full of scum and I wouldn't dare go near it. I found roaches in my room and my friends didn't have any power in their room. They had to move. On top of all of this they had dead roaches on their walls. I slept well and i would probably visit again if they cleaned up a bit.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Seri0usS
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We were on our way to the florida keys and drove from Wisconsin Dells WI (central WI) straight to Macon GA. We were so tired we agreed to stop at the next hotel. It was 4 30 am and we were both so tired and our 6 month old was already sleeping. So we pull up to a motel 6 get a room for $40 because check out was in a few hours. Got about 2 hours of sleep in the NASTY room. The sun comes up and we see how bad the room really is. We went to go take a shower and there were no towels, no soap, no shampoo, no anything. Then my boyfriend went out to the car to get some baby food for our kid. He came running back in and started packing everything up and said we need to leave ASAP. Some guys had come up to him and asked him what his colors were. These guys were in a gang and actually LIVED IN THE DOWN STAIRS OF THIS MOTEL 6. The pool outside our window was bright green from the scum growing in it. NASTY NASTY NASTY. This was so bad that i will never stay in GA overnight ever again. I had stayed in Atlanta before and loved it but never again.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family