“terrible Terrible TERRIBLE!!!”

and 1 more site!
Palm Tree Inn
Ranked #60 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I was traveling to Florida and needed to stop to sleep. My room and service were great. The only problem was the hygiene. The pool was terribly dirty. It was full of scum and I wouldn't dare go near it. I found roaches in my room and my friends didn't have any power in their room. They had to move. On top of all of this they had dead roaches on their walls. I slept well and i would probably visit again if they cleaned up a bit.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Seri0usS

Reviewed August 12, 2010

We were on our way to the florida keys and drove from Wisconsin Dells WI (central WI) straight to Macon GA. We were so tired we agreed to stop at the next hotel. It was 4 30 am and we were both so tired and our 6 month old was already sleeping. So we pull up to a motel 6 get a room for $40 because check out was in a few hours. Got about 2 hours of sleep in the NASTY room. The sun comes up and we see how bad the room really is. We went to go take a shower and there were no towels, no soap, no shampoo, no anything. Then my boyfriend went out to the car to get some baby food for our kid. He came running back in and started packing everything up and said we need to leave ASAP. Some guys had come up to him and asked him what his colors were. These guys were in a gang and actually LIVED IN THE DOWN STAIRS OF THIS MOTEL 6. The pool outside our window was bright green from the scum growing in it. NASTY NASTY NASTY. This was so bad that i will never stay in GA overnight ever again. I had stayed in Atlanta before and loved it but never again.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank CourtneyB8
Reviewed February 13, 2010

I went there for State Board and I DO NOT recommend this motel at all!!!! A few days later we find out that they tried to take money out of my boyfriends checking account thank god that the bank saw it and the stoped the transaction! Rooms were very dirty the toilet paper didn't even have a toilet paper holder! I went to plug in my computer and there were toe nail clippings on the ground!!! There is a hotel right down the rode and I would recommend staying there!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank biker11111
Reviewed October 13, 2009

After a long day of driving we were pleasantly suprised that the lobby and room were clean and comfortable. The only downside was the employees arguing right outside our window in the middle of the night, so sleep was elusive.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank wildsma
Reviewed March 9, 2009

Worst of all Motel 6 Hotels I have ever stayed in. I stay with Accor Hotels regularly as they always take pets and I travel with my dog, but this hotel makes me want to bathe her as soon as we can get to a DECENT motel. I don't care how cheap it is, I would rather sleep in my car at a landfill then stay at this crack house again!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2008

We were planning on spending one night in Macon but after our phone rang costantly (several hangs ups and wrong numbers)
and we woke up to a man standing in our room (not sure how he got in) we packed our bags and left. We only spent a few hours in our room before we realized that it would be safer for us to drive in the middle of the night then to spend another hour in this motel.

There were kids playing in the hallways, a lobby full of kids hanging out and several strange people that we encountered as we were walking to our room in the back of the hotel.
I have stayed in a lot of motels but never felt more scared than I did in the few hours I spent in the Macon Motel 6.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank RKW3223
Reviewed June 3, 2008

I can say two positives about this hotel. It is clean, and the desk staff are couteous. Other than that, if you like loud parties, slamming doors, etc., in the middle of the night, this is the place to stay. If you like telephones that do not work, and apparently cannot be fixed, bath tubs that do not drain when you take a shower, this is the place to stay. There are no microwaves or refrigerators in rooms, although I understand questionable ones are, if you ask. And, of course, teensie bars of soap that seem like they are made of commercial laundry soap are always appreciated. All in all, not worth the money spent at any price.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank carpetbeetle