“Extremely Pleased”

Best Western Inn & Suites of Macon
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed September 23, 2007

We were extremely pleased with this hotel and the service we received. The employees were both friendly and very helpful. The room was beyond our expectations, it was very clean and comfortable.
The indoor pool and spa were wonderful, what a way to relax after a long drive.
We have stayed in many hotels over the years and this is by far one of the nicest ones. We will most definitely stay here again on our next trip through Macon.
Our hats our off to the Management and Staff!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed July 11, 2007

We stopped here for a quick overnight stay during a roadtrip. We were actually heading to another hotel next door and didn't like the look of it and stopped here instead. We drove up at 10:15pm and were in the room and settling in by 10:30pm. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful. The room was nice and very clean. Nice expanded continental breakfast the following morning with waffles, hot and cold cereals, fruit, coffee, juices, milk, toast and muffins.

Overall, good hotel for a fair price.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank jswsant
Reviewed April 1, 2007

We stayed at the Best Western for one night on our way from Florida to Tennessee. It was conveniently located from the main highway, and we did not hear a lot of traffic noise in the room. We were able to hear a lot of the noise at night from people talking outside the room, but I blame that on the people...not the hotel. There are many restaurants very close to the hotel, and a shopping plaza is less than one mile away. (The Wal-Mart behind the hotel seemed somewhat unsafe, but the surrounding area appeared to be safe.)

The hotel was very clean, and the suite was large. There was complimentary high-speed internet service, a microwave, and a refrigerator with freezer. I would describe the bed as very firm. The hotel also has an indoor pool and hot tub. The front desk agent was very quick with the check in spiel due to the long line of people waiting to check in.

The continental breakfast was the only area that we think can be improved based on the price range of this hotel. There were very few options to choose from so we went to a restaurant to eat.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 13, 2006

As a female who travels alone frequently, I waffled on this hotel based on the previous reviews. However, I found it very suitable for my needs. It had easy access from the interstate and was very clean and comfortable. I was on the ground floor near the pool/spa area and there were quite a few people around, but the noise did not disturb me. Although I usually prefer an interior corridor room I felt quite secure. The room was very large and would have easily accomodated a small family. The registration clerk was friendly and helpful and the breakfast, although not elaborate, was adequate. I would certainly stay at this hotel again, as I felt it was a good stay at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank costumegirl
A TripAdvisor Member
Dayton, OH
Reviewed July 16, 2005

If you just want a place to sleep with no extras.......AT ALL

• Stayed: July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
South Carolina
Reviewed May 1, 2005

I stayed here based on the other review but I am in total disagreement with it!
I just came back from here and just want to pre-warn that if you like really hard, uncomfortable beds, noisy outside corridors,( no elevators) and only green Bananas and cereal for breakfast, then this is the place for you. While it 's not dirty, it's just not comfortable. I had the worst nights sleep I've had in a really long time due to the fact that the Bed felt like the ground and you can here people walking by your room at all hours. It actually woke me up and I sleep very soundly.
Just wanted to share this and warn ahead of time. Oh, and knock it out of the #2 position. Not even close

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 3, 2005

My wife has had a series of business meetings in Macon. We were delighted to find this one and have passed along the tip to her coworkers.

We booked the room from a travel website. We got a great deal! The room had a king bed, sleeper couch, 'fridge, microwave, and a 27' TV/VCR/DVD combo (nice!).

Check in was fast and friendly as well as check out. The room was spacious and clean.

We took advantage of the indoor pool and hot tub. It was a nice escape from the balmy wind outside.

The property was very close to many restaurants, Wal-Mart, movie theater and a mall.

Two thumbs up! Great stay! We will definitely stay here again.

Jake McGill