“Disappointing.”

Best Western Inn & Suites of Macon
Ranked #8 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We we're pretty disappointed with our stay here.
Upon arrival we were notified that the pool and hot tub were not working. The main reason we choose this hotel was to relax and enjoy the hot tub and pool so we were a bit frustrated as we asked if it was working when we booked earlier that day and were told it was. However we understand things happen and it was out of the hotels control. We asked if they could do something to make our stay a bit better since we are Best Western Rewards members and on our honeymoon but they didn't offer anything, eventually they said we could use the hot tub if we wanted but the heating element was the problem - I don't know if it's still considered a hot tub if there's no heat. We then headed up to our room located between a family with 6 young children and a couple with a new baby. Needless to say we didn't get much rest either and couldn't understand why they would put a young couple on their honeymoon in that particular room.
As far as the room itself goes it's very large so great for families or large groups. The bed was fine and it was clean for the most part. The refrigerator was very noisy and needs a new fan, we had to unplug it in order to sleep. the toilet leaked and ran all night. They advertise "plenty of tolietries" but we found one bar of soup and that was it. The walls are very thin. Most things are dated except for the TV. The breakfast wasnt great and the dining room is so small we had to stand to eat anything and by 8:50 the woman was packing everything up and pressuring us and the other guest so get out.
We're really disappointed and didn't feel we received good customer service. With many other hotels in the area we would recommend somewhere else - despite the high rating.

• Stayed: November 2013
ChristinaPalmerGM, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites of Macon, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to notify us again. I am the desk clerk that checked
you out Monday morning. There was no mention of you requesting a whirlpool
room the night before . I did see a note on the account after you had already left
the hotel. As i wrote you on your Best Western Survey, I agree your request
for the Whirlpool room should have been honored the night before when you
were checking into the hotel. I have sent a previous email for a free room the
next time you are coming through Macon. I have reminded Mark again when he
has problems to please call me and ask guidance on how to handle a
situation in the future. I'm not sure if you are on a different time zone but we do
not close our breakfast until 9:30am. Debbie never starts putting the food up if
there are guest still eating. Sometimes she waits until 10:30am or 11:00 am to
make sure everyone is finished eating even though I have requested due to
health regulations that the food be put away at 9:30am . I'm sorry if there was
a misunderstanding on what time it was.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at the email
address you already have.
Happy Thanksgiving from the entire Best Western Staff

There are newer reviews for Best Western Inn & Suites of Macon

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We were very happy with our stay here. It was quiet and comfortable. It is very conveniently located to every place we wanted to visit. There are lots of good shopping and dining locations very near. It was clean and attractive. My only complaint was their was only soap and shampoo in the room. I would like to have lotion and conditioner.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
ChristinaPalmerGM, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites of Macon, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay
was. The shampoo we have is actually 2 in 1 so it already
has the conditioner in the same bottle. Thank you for the
suggestion on the lotion. That is something we can certainly
consider in the future. We look forward to seeing you again.
Happy Thanksgiving from the entire Best Western Family

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was very happy to stay at a hotel that takes pride in providing a good experience for it's hotel guest. I am very picky when it comes to having a clean room and this Best Western gave me nothing to pick at. Also, the people that work their are very nice and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
ChristinaPalmerGM, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites of Macon, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your
stay was. We are happy to hear everything was nice and clean .
We appreciate the kind words regarding the Staff as well.
We look forward to seeing you again .
Happy Thanksgiving from the Entire Best Western Staff

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I selected this hotel on the basis of reviews by TripAdvisor members, and was not disapppointed. We needed 6PM check-in on a northbound trip back from Florida, convenient to the I-475 by-pass, and two queen beds. For a very fair price we got a clean room, convenience to retaurants on Eisenhower Drive, a earty breakfast the next morning, and easy return to I-475 the next day. It appears to be very close to the highway, but is well soundproofed.

Room Tip: View the various room options on the hotel web site or TripAdvisor.com.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
ChristinaPalmerGM, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites of Macon, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your
stay was. We are happy to hear you had a great experience.
We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you
need to stop in Macon.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Enjoyed my overnight stay for a business training class in the area. Very courteous staff. However from the room I was in the traffic noise was a nuisance while trying to sleep at night. Conveniently located just off the interstate. Very convenient to shopping, restaurants, training centers, etc…

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
ChristinaPalmerGM, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites of Macon, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Your response shows your from the Macon area. Not sure if
that was a mistake or not. Thank you for taking the time to
give us feedback on your stay. We appreciate the kind words
regarding the staff. We are sorry to hear you had a problem
with traffic noise. Normally with the a/c or heat running you
can't hear it. We hope to see you again .
Happy Thanksgiving from the Entire Best Western Staff

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Rooms are very clean with comfortable beds. Fitness and swimming pool areas alway clean and in working condition. Staff attentive to your need and responsive to your requests. Breakfast area offers a choice of hot and cold items. I usually choose cereal , banana, and yogurt although the hot items include eggs, grits, biscuits, etc.

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your
stay . We appreciate the nice comments regarding the hotel
as well as the Staff. We are happy to hear you enjoy your
breakfast to start your day . We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The lady at the front desk, Christina, was very nice and helpful. We needed to find a certain place in Macon and her directions were perfect. Our room was very clean and comfortably. The shower is GREAT. If I have to stay overnight in Macon again, this is the only place I would want to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
ChristinaPalmerGM, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites of Macon, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

janels1979,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your
stay with us. I really appreciate the kind words . I'm so glad
the directions worked good for you . We are happy to hear
the shower was a great start to your day. Wow ! It means
a lot to us that we are the only place you would choose to
stay with. We certainly look forward to serving you for many
years to come. Please feel free to let us know if you ever
need anything at all !