“Good hotel”

Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Georgia
“Good hotel”
Reviewed January 5, 2011

THis hotel is good for the price we paid. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and a good variety of things were offered. Of couse the make your waffles are always a hit with my kids. The biggest complaint I have is the smoke smell. They have a lounge with the hotel and as soon as you walk in you smell smoke in the lobby. Our rooms did not initially smell like smoke, however, we began to notice a smoke smell every now and again. Not sure if it came from above or from the lobby with the lounge. The hotel is older but the rooms have been updated and are very nice. They really just need a better ventalation system with the lounge by the lobby.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 6, 2010

What do you want for an interstate accessible room where the bed is comfortable, pillows fluffy and pool open PAST 10pm? I have read reviews below mine and don't feel as strongly as some. They were DONE with the obvious construction that potty-mouth Google Reviewer Crystal expounds on so we did not have to deal with this. We were walk-ins without reservations. In the summer expect to turn on the AC and have it pump cold air into the room when you get there, not when you first step in the room. Everyone needs to save on resources. The staff was friendly, the lobby is impressive and for $51.99 from a reg price of $89 you can save a lot without expecting it to be the Taj Majal. Get real people, if you need to sleep in clean sheets and use a toilet, this should satisfy you. If you are a princess, go pay princess prices. I recommend it for anyone on a budget (isn't that all of us...otherwise why would you be reading this review?) See my other reviews on a continued GA trip on Days Inn La Grange...not that will be a different story! Good luck!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank YouWantMyOpinion
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Our room at this BW wass truly one of the dirtiest hotel rooms we've ever stayed in. Driving home from a camping trip in Smoky Mtn. Nat'l Park, we stopped here late and they had one room available. The toilet had brown drip marks on it that I can only assume was feces, the blanket on one of the beds was stained, the ceiling had gum stuck to it and was stained with brown spots. The shower head was not adjustable and aimed directly at the back wall of the shower, spraying water outside the tub and all over the floor. If not for the late hour, we would have asked for our money back and moved on, but with 3 little kids, we just couldn't bear to pack everything back up and move on. Very disappointing for a Best Western which are usually very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank bacichica
sweethrt629
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I booked a night at this hotel because it looked decent, clean, and the price was about the same as all of the other hotels on the street. I sort of just randomly chose it...didn't even think about reviews!!! i could kick myself!!! I am OCD about hotels and liked to have croaked when I walked in and was hit with the stale cigarette & cleaner smells....I felt sick to my stomach cause I know I had prepaid and was not getting a refund to go somewhere else. The nonsmoking room we reserved stunk just as well. Some of the rags were brownish, the bathroom floor was sticky, and there was hairs and black lint that was showing under the sheets...we looked and noticed the thin cover between the sheet and matress had not been washed...I was miserable! The walls are very thin also, and you can hear everyone coming in & out. It was a loud night. I sucked it up and told myself there had to be worse. I know I will never stay here again. Definately need to do something with the cleaning staff and the smells.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
DanaPaul
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a family reunion from 07/17/09 through 07/23/09. Since this was a familiy reunion, we had some relatives who actually lived in Macon, GA and only visited us while we stayed at this hotel. One of in town relatives had a dog who he had leased BY THE POOL. The front desk clerk came outside, screaming and yelling and accusing my mother of allowing the dog into the pool. She didn't come over and ask. She was very rude and obnoxious. When we told her that no dog was ever in their pool, she went back inside. The manager came out a few moments later and, again, accused my mother of allowing the dog into the pool. She calmly told them that "No. This is a family member who lives in town, he is not staying here and we did not allow the dog in the pool. He is here to visit his daughter who is staying here with her family." There was no apology from the manager or front desk clerk. At 11:00 a.m. the very next day, he knocked on my family's hotel room door and told them to GET OUT right now! He was very rude, obnoxious and impolite. I would never again stay at this hotel and, probably, will not be staying at another Best Western as a result. The staff was very unprofessional, the room were dirty to the point of being filthy, you had to beg for clean towels and the place looks like it hasn't been updated since the 1980s. I work for a company where I travel here and overseas at least 100+ days per year and neither myself, my husband nor anyone from my company will be staying at this Best Western or any other Best Western if I have anything to say about it and, believe me, after many years of working for this company, I have plenty of say as to where our executives stay. I certainly have enough influence to notify my family, friends and fellow Tripadvisor travelers. DO NOT STAY AT THE BEST WESTERN RIVERSIDE (Macon, GA). It was a nightmare!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank DanaPaul
Nashville,Tn
Reviewed March 27, 2009

This is an older property that Best Western has bought and refurbished as best they could.
For $52/night for our room, it was certainly acceptable. The staff was very efficient and friendly. Our room was a little worn, but clean. The walls are kind of thin, but that wasn't a problem. I would recommend this hotel to the budget-minded traveler who wants a clean, simple room at a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Stay at this hotel for five days while traveling on business. Rooms were clean, furnishings average but comfortable, the friendliest staff I have encountered for quite awhile, Nice breakfast assortment for what they considered a continental breakfast. They had waffles, sausage biscuits, fresh fruit, basic ceral selection, grits and hot oatmeal, juice and coffee. A comfortable heated pool with pleasant landscaping. The outside was as clean as the inside. Internet access was available at no charge, small office center, a respectable lounge on site, small exercise room also.

• Liked — safe clean
  • Disliked — no tea at breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)