“I was in town for a convention...and”

Best Western Riverside Inn
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Athens, GA
“I was in town for a convention...and”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I checked in and was greated by Marie. Very good service. I noted that it had been remodeled since my last visit 1 year ago. Hallways were very clean and quiet. Room on second floor was also quiet. It was clean. With all of the big talk about bedbugs, before putting my stuff down, I checked everywhere.... no bugs. I turned on the A/C. Whisper quiet, no rattling fans. Room had NEW carpet and drapes too. Pillows were better than what I have at home. Bathroom, well it is cramped a little, but very clean. New STONE countertops and undermount sink with new fixtures. Plenty of hot water, too. TV was a flat screen with a remote...and it worked good. Picture quality was not High Def, but it was very satisfactory. Beds appeared to be new as well, and the sheets were exceptionally soft.
Since I checked in when it was dark outside I was able to see the grounds. There is plenty of security lighting. In the morning I could see that the parking lot was clean and very presentable. Checking out at 7:15am was a snap, too. Friendly staff evenings and mornings! Oh, free continental breakfast in the breakfast lounge. There is also a workout room, drink and ice machines. I will be staying here again, for sure!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Overall this place is great for the price, but it's nothing special or amazing.

Check-in was smooth and easy.

The room was well set up. TV was a flat screen LG which surprised me given the general dated look of the hotel. The bathroom is small, but not tight. Microwave and mini-fridge were provided. Beds are ok in comfort. I've slept on significantly worse and significantly better. They're good for one or two nights, but I don't think I would risk my back on more nights. The A/C took a while to get churning and we needed to turn it way down to really get it to cool the whole room. We never heard our neighbors in the other rooms. Never heard another shower turn on. These were all goods things in my book.

Had a crib put in the room for our son. It was an extra charge, but it sure beat having to share our bed with him (he likes to flail around) or risk putting him on the other bed and hoping that pillows would box him in. The crib was low, so putting him down after he fell asleep as a tad difficult. Crib mattress was covered with a standard bed sheet which we just made sure to pull tight.

Breakfast surprised me. After reading the reviews, I was concerned that it was going to be cold options only in a broom closet. The breakfast room was large with ample seating. Options included waffles, biscuits & gravy, sausage, eggs, cereals, yogurt, so on and so forth.

The pool was still open and we took our son to go splash in the water. There was a dead lizard on the deck near the steps of the pool, and lots of bugs and debris in the water. Being from Florida, I didn't expect the water to be super awesome clean, but it did look like it was in need of a good vacuum and skim.

There's a lounge next door to the hotel. We didn't go since we had a child and I'm pregnant. Looked decent enough from the outside.

Overall the grounds are modest, the rooms are comfy and breakfast is good. The price is excellent and makes this place a great spot to stop over and get some rest in the Macon area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
West Palm Beach
Reviewed July 25, 2012

A last-minute stop put coming from Fla and headed to Lake Lure landed us in Macon overnight. Great service by front desk clerk - extremely smooth check-in and our request online during booking for a seriously NON smoking room was met. I would give 5 stars, but the carpets are a bit dingy though room is spotless otherwise. And the hallway was very smoky. AC knob for temperature was broken and you have a choice of freezing or baking...but that's just something to report to fix.
The morning front desker, Lisa, was kind enough to give me a replacement for the battery in my computer mouse, as well. High speed internet works great. Not sure, but think I saw this rate on Booking.com and checked out ratings on Tripadvisor. Not a great part of town, but not unsafe. Pool is nice, but we didn't use it. There's a gym, and typical a..m. breakfast of make-your-own waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit and cereals; attendant was super friendly. Would certainly return.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are easily accessible from outside. Plenty of parking as well.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Decent hotel desperate need of remodel not enough electrical outlets, rooms are quiet which is a plus air conditioner was off when checking into room took 2the hours to cool off room. Best western continues to change for the better hope this hotel follows suit

• Stayed July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Did you know else where you would go and feel like you are in your own home. I have been sleeping in this hotel for 21/2 yrs now. The first encounter with staff makes wonder, if its business or a family reunion. The first day I met mami, the front desk manager, she rec'd me, showed me the rooms and i liked the place. staff is super polite and kind. welcoming and overly good to all. rooms clean, linen clean, countertops granite, TV is all flat screens, b/fast best in the area, secure, nice and clean swimming pool. Arrive at 7am and nicely the staff will check you in. guys, its nice. I love it. You will never regret spending a nite. visited this hotel with family and my wife and kids still remind me of this hotel. occupants and staff always great you like family. Love it, love it

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Excellent value very helpful staff very good breakfast. ask for an inside room.

Room Tip: Ask for inside room more restful less noise
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This great Hotel has thick quiet walls.

Super friendly staff (Ann).

Nice, nice Hot b-fast.

A pool from the old days you can do laps in !

And rates that make us want to come back to.

Easy on and off to I-75/16 and downtown with resturants close by.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family