“What a gem!”
Review of 1842 Inn

1842 Inn
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed June 8, 2010

This Inn is absolutely top drawer. The service is first class and from the moment we arrived, we were made to feel very welcome. Southern hospitality at its best. We had booked the Mercer room, a great choice. A very large room with a lots of space and a lovely bathroom. We had breakfast in our room, the food was piping hot and very more-ish.

This is is beautiful building furnished in the period, well maintained and spotlessly clean. The location is great in amongst historical buildings.

Our only disappointment was that we had only booked one night's stay!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 29, 2010

Felt like we were at home. Loved the atmosphere, Very comfortable. Gloria's breakfasts are unbeatable .Again... why would anyone stay anywhere else?

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2009

My stay at the 1842 Inn was perfect. The staff's hospitality was unmeasurable, and the rooms were beautiful. Everyone was so nice, and very helpful. They made sure we had everything we needed and more. The smell of breakfast the next morning was an awesome thing to wake up to and it tasted delicious. I couldn't have asked for a better night and only wished I would have booked for longer. The perfect place to get engaged. Thanks for everything.

M.T.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2009

I saw the 1842 Inn on a luxury travel website and thought it would be a perfect place to have a getaway with my bridesmaids before my wedding. I decided to bid on a 2 night package so that my mom and I could go check it out beforehand. I called the Inn and inquired of their availability, to which the man told me there were several rooms still available. Then, I told him I wanted to use the travel package and he stuttered and said that actually there was no availability. I questioned him and and he became short and said it was up to him whether he'd let me use the package on those days. I could understand if the place was booked, but just because he didn't want to "let me use my package" was quite upsetting. Furthermore, his curtness and irritation hurt my feelings, so I abandoned the whole idea of bringing my bridesmaids there and decided to take my business elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2009
4  Thank alwaysontheroad50
Commentreviewer, Manager of Guest Services at 1842 Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2009

We always do our best to accommodate all guest requests for certain dates. It is very rare for us not to be able to honor requested dates. Packages that are bidded on through other sights are handled exclusively by that particular site with their rules and regulations clearly stated.

Reviewed May 1, 2009

So comfortable, great staff so much hospitality wonderful home on a beautiful street in Macon. Columns like "Tara" sit out on the porch and enjoy your coffee or tea. This is a diamond among inexpensive run of the mill chain hotels. Don't miss 1842 and most important don't miss Marcos Restaurant. Nazario will even supply a driver if you need a ride. So charming!

The entire staff is so welcoming and such pros at real hospitality just like we love in the
South!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2009

We stayed at the 1842 Inn in Macon, GA, last month. The inn exudes authentic, anti-bellum graciousness. The magnificent homes in the neighborhood put you romantically back in time to that period! It is hard to imagine that so many buildings as beautiful as these were built before the Civil War and have been maintained to perfection. The inn’s grounds have been meticulously maintained. Traditional Southern hospitality abounds with the sophisticated Italian flair added to the mix by the Italian host/owner, Nazario Filipponi . Service was excellent, outgoing and friendly. Should we have occasion to return to the area, it will be to stay at the 1842.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2009

This is by far the best place to stay in Macon! I was so impressed the first year that my husband and I are now making this a yearly trip! The Inn is absolutely gorgeous, the staff is top-notch (I just can't brag on them enough, every one of them goes above & beyond to make you feel "at home"), the Inn is VERY clean, and the food is just incredible (breakfast is included and it is SO GOOD!) I'd give the 1842 Inn 10 stars if I could!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple