“Nice for it's class” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Westover, Alabama
“Nice for it's class”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I'm a frequent traveler and stay at Marriott properties more often but after staying here I may just start a rewards account and use HIE more often. I'm delightfully impressed. The only setback is that my partner who booked the room got the points for this stay. But no biggie. So the room is clean, it has a flat screen tv, and reasonably nice furniture.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I recently stayed at this HIE location while driving through Macon on the way to Cocoa Beach. The first thing I noticed was the property sits behind another hotel and the entrance can be very difficult to see. I actually drove right by it and never saw the entrance. Our room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom lighting is very dim which makes it hard to see when you're in there. Breakfast was typical Holiday Inn Express. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I'd definitely be willing to stay here again on my next stop in Macon.

Room Tip: Pay close attention to the hotel's entrance since it sits directly behind another property.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ron C
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Do to a mixup in our reservation, we were charged as a no show and had no reservation when we showed up with our friends. I asked the night clerk how that could have happened since we called to assure we had a room close to our friends. She said the manager the next morning would fix everything.
Needless to say, he did NOTHING but charge us for an additional night. I have emailed corporate offices and have asked to be contacted regarding this....4 weeks later have heard nothing!!!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cameronorrkids
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Cameronorrkids,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here for one night on trip to Florida. Used this same hotel and trip south last year as well. Both stays were very good. Desk staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms clean, updated and comfortable. Breakfast area clean and food was fresh and good variety. Great place to stop when traveling!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Reserved adjoining rooms here for a family stay. We were very comfortable and the breakfast the next morning was sufficient and wellstocked. This is our second system at this hotel and we will be back, I'm sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel and rooms are clean, size is fine and bathroom ok as well. The place is well located and nothing wrong about it. Breakfast is standard of these hotels and price is decent in accordance to quality and service. Check in ok check out perfect.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Douglas, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express just off interstate 475 in Macon is a pretty nice hotel and one of the better hotels I have stayed at in Macon and I've stayed at a few. My biggest complaint is that the internet is slower than it should be. The hotel is a little more than a few years old and I stayed here a few years ago and it still seems about the same. I had trouble getting the TV to turn on at first because I had to back up away from the TV a few feet and aim the remote just right to control the thing which tells me the TV may need an upgrade. Room was good, but I was told I was upgraded to a suite, but I definitely didn't get a suite as I've stayed at numerous HIE hotels and they missed the mark on that one. I also didn't get a complimentary bottle of water or snack like I get at most IHG hotels since I'm a platinum rewards member. The hotel is conveniently located and just a few minutes from anything you want to do, shop, or eat. I will stay here again, but they might want to check on the issues mentioned above.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business