“What a joke!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West
Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Used 15k points to reserve this room on a long trip from Gainesville to Knoxville. I am a Platnium Priority Member and got to this hotel at 11:58 at night. Once I got in the security door, I was greeted by a not so pleasent receptionist. Looks like I woke her from sleep. Took my 40 minutes to check in because my reservation somehow had dissapeered. She had to call corporate and clicked that damn mouse 4 million times. Hardly said two words to us while we stood there with our luggage. She had a room reserved for me but some other issue I guess using my points for the stay. Asked 3 times if we could just get the key and let her work out the details. She magically got everything worked out. Asked me what type of room would I like and I said a king. She never said anything. Finnally got to the room at 12:40 so mad I could not go to sleep. Got to the room expecting a king and it was a double. called fromt desk and asked, lady said that ince she finally got into the system, there were no kings. no big deal, if she would have at least said something. Ruined a not so good day anyway. Thanks Holiday Inn....if this is how you treat a platinum member....how do you treat people off the street. Room was clean, twin bed comfortable, breakfast decent, coffee "thank god" was a plenty! Thanks nice lady! Made my night!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Alpetvet
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were only here for one night on our road trip. The hotel was really nice, lovely rooms, clean and tidy. The gym was good. Express breakfast had something for everyone. The staff were excellent and couldn't do enough for guests. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. Customer feedback is our greatest reward. We know where to keep up the good work and where to improve our service. I certainly hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Have a great Thanksgiving with your family and friends

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I just completed a stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Macon - West, and I can't say enough good things about the service there. My law firm had a trial in Macon and we needed rooms for the week as well as a conference room for the entire stay. From the moment Shobha, the manager, answered the phone it was smooth sailing from then on. She was extremely professional but warm and accomodating at the same time. I changed the reservations at least 3 times and she never flinched. I was going crazy and she was calm and had everything under control. She even offered to have the rooms ready early for our first arrivals because I told her they would be coming early in the day and going straight to work in the conference room. She grouped us all together by our conference room as well, making it extremely convenient for us to move back and forth from our rooms. I arrived on Saturday but had already received word that the hotel was very nice from my boss. Shobha was not there on the weekend but her staff was very helpful and friendly. Anything we needed, (printing, copies, ice in the conference room, etc.) was taken care of. Oh and did I mention the deluxe continental breakfast? Bacon, sausage, gravy, biscuits, cheese omelettes, fruit, bagels, and lots more. That was really nice because our days started early and we never had time for a leisurely breakfast out. Our rooms were always taken care of each day and we really had no complaints. This Holiday Inn didn't miss a beat and one thing that really stood out to me was the friendly attitude of everyone on staff from the housekeepers, to the kitchen manager to the front desk personnel. Whatever they are doing to with their staff over there, it's working! Friendly, happy, and helpful?!! WOW!!! Anyway, special thanks again to Shobha, Adrian, Shameka and Terra (and the breakfast lady) for providing such great service during our stay. If you have business in the Macon area, please consider the Holiday Inn Express - West. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I had room 133 on the first floor which in one of the bigger rooms at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will make sure to pass along your comments to our Ladies and Gentlemen so they know their hard work and dedication is noticed and appreciated by our guests. It is guests like you, who take the time to share positive thoughts, that encourage our staff to always deliver excellent customer service.
We hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and hope to see you at our hotel again.

IN THE END THE ONLY PERSPECTIVE THAT MATTERS IS OUR GUEST!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

On a recent trip to Florida, while helping my niece move there, we actually looked for a Holiday Inn Express to stop for the evening. I have always had a nice experience at this chain of hotels. We stopped in rather late in the evening with no reservation. Luckily for us, the hotel had a room at a decent rate. The desk clerk was very nice & helpful. Our room was fairly clean, neat, and comfortable. I say "fairly" simply because I did notice some, what appeared to be toothpaste, on the cabinet front in the bathroom. Other than that, a comfortable nights sleep was had a an enjoyable breakfast was enjoyed as well.
I would like to add that there was no signage on the highway for the hotel, we just happened to be suprised when we got off here to see the sign. It was not, in our opinion, well marked.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevators. Much quieter!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are grateful that all of our hard work and dedication is noticed and appreciated. I will make sure to share your thoughts and experience with the Ladies and Gentlemen.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience. Our guests' appreication is what makes everything worth it. Our goal is to always meet and exceed your expectations. I'm thrilled to know we have consistantly done so.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were traveling across country and decided to stop here and we are very thankful we did. It stared with our check in, Eric the manager was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was so accommodating to our special requests, the rooms were very nice and clean. A great place overall.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We always appreciate positive feedback. I will make sure to share your comments with my staff so they know how much their hard work means to you, our guest. We hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Macon, Georgia. The overall appearance of the hotel was great, and seemed to be a recent construction. Upon entering, I was promptly greeted by the desk clerk who was friendly and knowledgeable. While I was waiting from my room key, I was able to examine the breakfast area, where they offered a complimentary breakfast. The dining area was spacious, and they appeared to offer a variety of juices and beverages. I did not stay for breakfast, so I cannot comment on their food. If you would prefer a quality breakfast, like I did, you can visit the Cracker Barrel right down the street. After inspecting the area, I made my way to the room. The room was updated, modern, well-kept and clean. My room, was complete with a small fridge, two queen sized beds and a flat screen TV, There was not too much to comment on the room, as it was pretty standard in size and included the typical hotel room amenities. The fitness center on-site was mediocre, one of the treadmills was not working, and the other was very bumpy, which was frustrating, especially considering that I am an avid runner. Despite the negatives, the Holiday Inn Express in Macon was a great place to stay for the value and had a great location. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience. Customer feedback is our greatest reward. We know where to keep up the good work and where to improve our service, I am very sorry about the Fitness center. I certainly hope you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel was very nice and they gave us a free upgrade to a suite. The staff was very nice and the room was new and nice and clean. We were traveling over a couple days and this was a very relaxing refreshing place to stay on the way. The breakfast was fabulous!! The landscaping was gorgeous.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We value you a Priority Club Reward Member and hope you continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.
We look forward to serving you in the future.