Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West
BestWestern.com
$69
$62
Hotwire.com
All reviewscinnamon rollsnice hotelroom was cleananswered the phonenice staybreakfast areamacon westwould definitely stay here againother hotelsthe young ladysausageyogurtfront desk staffbusiness tripa great place to stayup to datefree breakfast
Reviewed September 30, 2012

On a recent trip to Florida, while helping my niece move there, we actually looked for a Holiday Inn Express to stop for the evening. I have always had a nice experience at this chain of hotels. We stopped in rather late in the evening with no reservation. Luckily for us, the hotel had a room at a decent rate. The desk clerk was very nice & helpful. Our room was fairly clean, neat, and comfortable. I say "fairly" simply because I did notice some, what appeared to be toothpaste, on the cabinet front in the bathroom. Other than that, a comfortable nights sleep was had a an enjoyable breakfast was enjoyed as well.
I would like to add that there was no signage on the highway for the hotel, we just happened to be suprised when we got off here to see the sign. It was not, in our opinion, well marked.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevators. Much quieter!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are grateful that all of our hard work and dedication is noticed and appreciated. I will make sure to share your thoughts and experience with the Ladies and Gentlemen.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience. Our guests' appreication is what makes everything worth it. Our goal is to always meet and exceed your expectations. I'm thrilled to know we have consistantly done so.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were traveling across country and decided to stop here and we are very thankful we did. It stared with our check in, Eric the manager was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was so accommodating to our special requests, the rooms were very nice and clean. A great place overall.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We always appreciate positive feedback. I will make sure to share your comments with my staff so they know how much their hard work means to you, our guest. We hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Macon, Georgia. The overall appearance of the hotel was great, and seemed to be a recent construction. Upon entering, I was promptly greeted by the desk clerk who was friendly and knowledgeable. While I was waiting from my room key, I was able to examine the breakfast area, where they offered a complimentary breakfast. The dining area was spacious, and they appeared to offer a variety of juices and beverages. I did not stay for breakfast, so I cannot comment on their food. If you would prefer a quality breakfast, like I did, you can visit the Cracker Barrel right down the street. After inspecting the area, I made my way to the room. The room was updated, modern, well-kept and clean. My room, was complete with a small fridge, two queen sized beds and a flat screen TV, There was not too much to comment on the room, as it was pretty standard in size and included the typical hotel room amenities. The fitness center on-site was mediocre, one of the treadmills was not working, and the other was very bumpy, which was frustrating, especially considering that I am an avid runner. Despite the negatives, the Holiday Inn Express in Macon was a great place to stay for the value and had a great location. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience. Customer feedback is our greatest reward. We know where to keep up the good work and where to improve our service, I am very sorry about the Fitness center. I certainly hope you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel was very nice and they gave us a free upgrade to a suite. The staff was very nice and the room was new and nice and clean. We were traveling over a couple days and this was a very relaxing refreshing place to stay on the way. The breakfast was fabulous!! The landscaping was gorgeous.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We value you a Priority Club Reward Member and hope you continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.
We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband recently had to go Macon on business and I went along with him. The outside of this hotel looked like it was going to be a wonderful overnight stay. Well, looks can be deceiving. To start with, the front desk clerk was VERY unfriendly. Usually we get upgraded into a bigger room since my husband is platinum member with Holiday Inn, but we didn't, so it was no big deal. The room was fine. Once we were settled in, we decided to go out to the pool. Well......the pool was filthy!!! Dirt on the bottom, dead bugs and debris floating in it. And it was WARM. Nothing like being in 100 degree temperatures and getting into a warm, dirty pool to cool off. Needless to say, we didn't stay long out there. The next morning my husband left to go to his meeting and stopped at the front desk to ask for a late check out (which is usually 2:00 p.m.). Well the same "unfriendly" woman was at the desk again and said she couldn't do that, that she could only give us til 12:30 at the latest, that she was expecting a "big group" to come in. Ok.......we were only 1 room. There was maybe 3 other occupants that had stayed over in other rooms that night and we were the last ones to leave. This hotel had 2 floors too. I don't think anyone was in the upper rooms. My husband shortened his meeting and we left at noon. She was behind the desk when we left and was very unfriendly to my husband when he asked for his receipt he needed for work. I will NEVER go back to that Holiday Inn again. I have never complained about any hotel on here before and we have stayed in many Holiday Inn's all over the country. But this Holiday Inn deserves the negative remarks. P.S. I think the 2 "good" reviews it got on here, were from the co-workers there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank indicindi
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

We strive to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests. However the pool outside was little warm because of the hot weather we have been getting, so that is understanding and the pool being dirty was cause of the storm we had. Also 2.00pm checkout you only get upon availability of that day even if your Platinum member. Also you did not know what the occupancy was that day as will. By the way our co-workers did not write great reviews on trip advisor you cannot do this on this website.
Please accept my sincere apology for your inconvenience.