“The management was awesome and the hotel was very nice”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West
Ranked #15 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were traveling across country and decided to stop here and we are very thankful we did. It stared with our check in, Eric the manager was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was so accommodating to our special requests, the rooms were very nice and clean. A great place overall.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We always appreciate positive feedback. I will make sure to share your comments with my staff so they know how much their hard work means to you, our guest. We hope you will stay with us again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Macon, Georgia. The overall appearance of the hotel was great, and seemed to be a recent construction. Upon entering, I was promptly greeted by the desk clerk who was friendly and knowledgeable. While I was waiting from my room key, I was able to examine the breakfast area, where they offered a complimentary breakfast. The dining area was spacious, and they appeared to offer a variety of juices and beverages. I did not stay for breakfast, so I cannot comment on their food. If you would prefer a quality breakfast, like I did, you can visit the Cracker Barrel right down the street. After inspecting the area, I made my way to the room. The room was updated, modern, well-kept and clean. My room, was complete with a small fridge, two queen sized beds and a flat screen TV, There was not too much to comment on the room, as it was pretty standard in size and included the typical hotel room amenities. The fitness center on-site was mediocre, one of the treadmills was not working, and the other was very bumpy, which was frustrating, especially considering that I am an avid runner. Despite the negatives, the Holiday Inn Express in Macon was a great place to stay for the value and had a great location. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience. Customer feedback is our greatest reward. We know where to keep up the good work and where to improve our service, I am very sorry about the Fitness center. I certainly hope you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel was very nice and they gave us a free upgrade to a suite. The staff was very nice and the room was new and nice and clean. We were traveling over a couple days and this was a very relaxing refreshing place to stay on the way. The breakfast was fabulous!! The landscaping was gorgeous.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We value you a Priority Club Reward Member and hope you continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.
We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband recently had to go Macon on business and I went along with him. The outside of this hotel looked like it was going to be a wonderful overnight stay. Well, looks can be deceiving. To start with, the front desk clerk was VERY unfriendly. Usually we get upgraded into a bigger room since my husband is platinum member with Holiday Inn, but we didn't, so it was no big deal. The room was fine. Once we were settled in, we decided to go out to the pool. Well......the pool was filthy!!! Dirt on the bottom, dead bugs and debris floating in it. And it was WARM. Nothing like being in 100 degree temperatures and getting into a warm, dirty pool to cool off. Needless to say, we didn't stay long out there. The next morning my husband left to go to his meeting and stopped at the front desk to ask for a late check out (which is usually 2:00 p.m.). Well the same "unfriendly" woman was at the desk again and said she couldn't do that, that she could only give us til 12:30 at the latest, that she was expecting a "big group" to come in. Ok.......we were only 1 room. There was maybe 3 other occupants that had stayed over in other rooms that night and we were the last ones to leave. This hotel had 2 floors too. I don't think anyone was in the upper rooms. My husband shortened his meeting and we left at noon. She was behind the desk when we left and was very unfriendly to my husband when he asked for his receipt he needed for work. I will NEVER go back to that Holiday Inn again. I have never complained about any hotel on here before and we have stayed in many Holiday Inn's all over the country. But this Holiday Inn deserves the negative remarks. P.S. I think the 2 "good" reviews it got on here, were from the co-workers there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank indicindi
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

We strive to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests. However the pool outside was little warm because of the hot weather we have been getting, so that is understanding and the pool being dirty was cause of the storm we had. Also 2.00pm checkout you only get upon availability of that day even if your Platinum member. Also you did not know what the occupancy was that day as will. By the way our co-workers did not write great reviews on trip advisor you cannot do this on this website.
Please accept my sincere apology for your inconvenience.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at this motel. Everything was fine until the following morning when we were packing to leave. I noticed smeared blood on the sheet where I had been sleeping. We started looking at the sheets and noticed small, dark bugs. We immediately called the desk clerk. He came to our room and told us they were pine beetles. He said they come into the rooms when the exterminator sprays and it happens yearly. We did not observe the bugs anywhere in the room except the bed. The manager refused to give us a full refund because we had slept in the bed. I told her that I would be writing a review of the hotel so that no one else would have to go through this experience. I do not know if i was bitten or the smeared blood was from the bugs.
CHECK THE BED BEFORE YOU GET IN IT!!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth R
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

We strive to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests. However, we understand that sometimes, regardless of what we do to resolve an issue it doesn't make up for your inconvienence. You did stay all day and all night that was the reason i did not give you a full refund, Be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and that appropriate action has been taken, We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
We want each of our guests to feel at home with us. Please accept my sincere apology.

We wish you the best of luck with your future travels.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our room wasnt ready on time. We awoke to the sound of scratching. My husband brought a three inch cockroach trapped in a cup to the front desk. The staff was flippant. She said "it's the South". If you have an issue with this hotel they will not help resolve it. We were spoken down to and the GM was rude. We booked a $130 room and we had to leave early, creeped out and upset.

• Stayed: July 2012

We strive to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests. Our Check Inn time is 3.00pm, our ladies and gentlemen try their best to make our guest feel at home and make their stay comfortable and pleasant. Please accept my sincere apology.

We wish you the best of luck with your future travels.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Beautiful building, helpful staff, delicious breakfast, close to lots of restaurants, but no traffic noise. Seemed to be newly renovated rooms, lobby, etc. - very stylish! And super clean! Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for the nice review. We are very happy that you and your family had a great stay. The staff appreciates your comments and we look forward to the opportunity of hosting your next stay in Macon. I hope your travel was pleasant traveling back home.
Thank you again.