“Worst Holiday Inn EVER”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West
Ranked #15 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband recently had to go Macon on business and I went along with him. The outside of this hotel looked like it was going to be a wonderful overnight stay. Well, looks can be deceiving. To start with, the front desk clerk was VERY unfriendly. Usually we get upgraded into a bigger room since my husband is platinum member with Holiday Inn, but we didn't, so it was no big deal. The room was fine. Once we were settled in, we decided to go out to the pool. Well......the pool was filthy!!! Dirt on the bottom, dead bugs and debris floating in it. And it was WARM. Nothing like being in 100 degree temperatures and getting into a warm, dirty pool to cool off. Needless to say, we didn't stay long out there. The next morning my husband left to go to his meeting and stopped at the front desk to ask for a late check out (which is usually 2:00 p.m.). Well the same "unfriendly" woman was at the desk again and said she couldn't do that, that she could only give us til 12:30 at the latest, that she was expecting a "big group" to come in. Ok.......we were only 1 room. There was maybe 3 other occupants that had stayed over in other rooms that night and we were the last ones to leave. This hotel had 2 floors too. I don't think anyone was in the upper rooms. My husband shortened his meeting and we left at noon. She was behind the desk when we left and was very unfriendly to my husband when he asked for his receipt he needed for work. I will NEVER go back to that Holiday Inn again. I have never complained about any hotel on here before and we have stayed in many Holiday Inn's all over the country. But this Holiday Inn deserves the negative remarks. P.S. I think the 2 "good" reviews it got on here, were from the co-workers there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank indicindi
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

We strive to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests. However the pool outside was little warm because of the hot weather we have been getting, so that is understanding and the pool being dirty was cause of the storm we had. Also 2.00pm checkout you only get upon availability of that day even if your Platinum member. Also you did not know what the occupancy was that day as will. By the way our co-workers did not write great reviews on trip advisor you cannot do this on this website.
Please accept my sincere apology for your inconvenience.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at this motel. Everything was fine until the following morning when we were packing to leave. I noticed smeared blood on the sheet where I had been sleeping. We started looking at the sheets and noticed small, dark bugs. We immediately called the desk clerk. He came to our room and told us they were pine beetles. He said they come into the rooms when the exterminator sprays and it happens yearly. We did not observe the bugs anywhere in the room except the bed. The manager refused to give us a full refund because we had slept in the bed. I told her that I would be writing a review of the hotel so that no one else would have to go through this experience. I do not know if i was bitten or the smeared blood was from the bugs.
CHECK THE BED BEFORE YOU GET IN IT!!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth R
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

We strive to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests. However, we understand that sometimes, regardless of what we do to resolve an issue it doesn't make up for your inconvienence. You did stay all day and all night that was the reason i did not give you a full refund, Be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and that appropriate action has been taken, We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
We want each of our guests to feel at home with us. Please accept my sincere apology.

We wish you the best of luck with your future travels.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our room wasnt ready on time. We awoke to the sound of scratching. My husband brought a three inch cockroach trapped in a cup to the front desk. The staff was flippant. She said "it's the South". If you have an issue with this hotel they will not help resolve it. We were spoken down to and the GM was rude. We booked a $130 room and we had to leave early, creeped out and upset.

• Stayed: July 2012
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

We strive to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests. Our Check Inn time is 3.00pm, our ladies and gentlemen try their best to make our guest feel at home and make their stay comfortable and pleasant. Please accept my sincere apology.

We wish you the best of luck with your future travels.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Beautiful building, helpful staff, delicious breakfast, close to lots of restaurants, but no traffic noise. Seemed to be newly renovated rooms, lobby, etc. - very stylish! And super clean! Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for the nice review. We are very happy that you and your family had a great stay. The staff appreciates your comments and we look forward to the opportunity of hosting your next stay in Macon. I hope your travel was pleasant traveling back home.
Thank you again.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Very nice and clean, great breakfast, nice pool and fitness center, excellent internet speed and access. Very quiet. Turn at the McDonalds and it is down the road to the right. Harder to find, but it makes it quieter. Very pleasant. Compared to many other places we have stayed, this one rocks!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will make sure to pass along your comments to our Ladies and Gentlemen so they know their hard work and dedication is noticed and appreciated by our guests. It is guests like you, who take the time to share positive thoughts, that encourage our staff to always deliver excellent customer service.
We hope you had a wonderful vacation and hope to see you at our hotel again.

IN THE END THE ONLY PERSPECTIVE THAT MATTERS IS OUR GUEST!
*****Happy 4th of July******

Reviewed May 21, 2012

My children and I were impressed by this facility. It is nearly new, clean, and quiet. The personnel were all friendly and efficient. The breakfast was good and replenished frequently.
It was also a treat that our room had 2 queen beds, instead of two standards, with comfortable pillows and new-ish linens.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SoutheastJack
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are grateful that all of our hard work and dedication is noticed and appreciated. I will make sure to share your thoughts and experience with my staff.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience. Our guests' appreication is what makes everything worth it. Our goal is to always meet and exceed your expectations. I'm thrilled to know we have consistantly done so.
Thank you so much greatly appreicated

Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on May 3rd and we couldn't have been more pleased. It is very clean and the staff was very courteous. The location was simple to find (via my Garmin) and it was very quiet at night. They also serve a great breakfast that is free of charge (B&G, baccon, pan cakes, muffins, juice - you name it). I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RedneckTraveler420

We hope you had a wonderful vacation and hope to see you at our hotel again.