“A nice, modern hotel”

Ranked #3 of 68 Hotels in Macon
New York
“A nice, modern hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2008

It is a great modern hotel with all the amenities. It is conveniently located to the downtown, but you’d still need a car. Very friendly staff.

Stayed October 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
cartersville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2008

My co-worker and I have stayed here a number of weeks while in Macon for training purposes. The hotel staff is fantastic! Everyone is very helpful and friendly.
The food is really good. We ate at the hotel the majority of our stay because the food was better than most restaurants in the area.
I have stayed at a number of hotels over the last few years and this is the best by far in a long time. This is the place to stay! Next time I'm in Macon I know I'll be booking my room here.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Bozeman, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2008

This is your "Garden variety" Hilton Garden Inn. Clean and new, and located conveniantly on the Mercer Campus, very handy for Mercer parents. The price runs a bit high, as you can get lower prices if you desire to. The rooms are fine, as we have stayed in MANY hotels, including this property in other cities. Staff was ok. The breakfast was not continental when we were there, and one major downside for us was there were no in room movies, something quite odd in my opinion as all hotels have this now. We always have down time with our Mercer student and enjoy watching movies. You are right on the I-75 exit, our room was on the opposite side, something to consider if you get a room on the freeway side to avoid the noise. The outdoor pool is nice, kept clean. All in all ok.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no inn room movies, high room rates
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2008

The opening of this new Hilton Garden was to me a bit of a miracle! As a "Mercer Mom" I make several trips annually to the University. My previous stays in the Macon area were truly nightmares, with one stay at a major chain triple charging my debit card and it tooks months to get my money credited back. So I stayed at this new Hilton GI as soon as it opened...within the first month it opened. It is beautiful, extremely clean, and has a courteous front desk and housekeeping staff. The rooms are very comfortable, and I enjoyed the exceptional lobby area where I can gather with other Mercer parents and our students. I have stayed several times now, and not only is it convenient to the happenings on the University Campus, but it is truly a pleasure to be there. I am going there again this weekend for the Mercer Engineering Competition, and my son loves coming to the Hilton for a 'break' from the dorms, too!

Stayed August 2007
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2007

I stayed one night while traveling through over the busy Thanksgiving week. The hotel was easily visible right off the interstate exit, and seems to be part of the Mercer University campus. I was warmly greeted upon entering the lobby, and check-in took less than a minute. My room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. I purposely booked a king "evolution" room because they advertised it as a bed with adjustable softness. I was picturing a Sleep-Number bed or similar, but in reality it is not that adjustable. However, with the bed turned all the way to the softest setting, and with the bed's pillow top, I found it comfortable.

The desk and work chair are very comfortable and there is enough lighting. The free, wireless internet service was easy to connect to, reliable and high speed. The room, even though it faced the interstate, was quiet and well soundproofed. The room included a coffee maker and a mini-frig. Nice amenities and soft towels in the bathroom.

I spent an enjoyable hour at the bar chatting with the very friendly staff members on duty, and had an excellent light meal. Since I travel the I-75 corridor several times a year, I will definitely be staying again at this hotel. So many hotels these days are not worth the money, but this one is. Highly recommend.

• Liked — Comfortable room
  • Disliked — No outside restaurants nearby
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank jill401
Flagler Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2007

Excellent stay for both business and personal travel. Booked online through company website and mentioned late arrival in notes...desk clerk acknowledged me by name at front door! Had free cookies at front desk when we checked in at 10 p.m. which my kids loved. Excellent security, friendly staff, very clean hotel. Definately returning.

• Liked — Cleanliness and Staff
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank lisandbri
Big Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2007

The hotel/motel scene in Macon is scary. I have stayed in Macon a few times and have never been satisfied until I found the HGI/Macon/Mercer University. This is a new property that delivers what you should expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. The only downside to this location is lack of good restaurants in the area. Your only options are fast food and chain restaurants. A small trade off for a clean, comfortable room in Macon.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business