“New Mercer Student”

Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Oswego, United States
“New Mercer Student”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Having such a great hospitality facility directly on the Mercer University's campus, my daughters new home for the next five years, makes visiting her and the campus extremely easy. Being able to check in and walk everywhere from the campus is awesome. Thanks Hilton.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Blairsville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We checked in to a great room, very nice size, high ceilings really enhanced the roominess feel. The a/c worked great and the bathroom was nice size. We ate dinner at the hotel, swam in the pool, slept great and woke up and ate a delicious breakfast (not free, but worth the money!) My son played baseball at Mercer University, and we could actually walk from hotel to ball field. I would definitely recommend!

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel is very nice and staff were very helpful. The room was very clean and had a refrigerator and microwave. The room even had a Keurig coffee maker for guest use! The hotel had fruit-infused water available in the lobby along with a snack every day. The hotel has a restaurant but the food was just fair. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2014

checked us in fast .The place is very clean just like all the Hitons iv been to excellent .wENT OUT TO EAT AT A cHINES BUFFET THAT WAS CLOSE BY MY gPS SAID BUT IT WAS OUT OF BIZZ So we ate at Red lobster the food there is always great.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay, even though it was just a quick overnight. Beautiful grounds, great location, friendly and helpful staff, and many surrounding options for dining and entertaining. I hope to make it back through Macon so we can stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My daughter, granddaughter and myself recently stayed at the Hilton Garden at Mercer University on Friday, June 13th and spent one night. We were at Mercer for my grandson's graduation from JROTC camp. The hotel was nice. Room was clean, etc. We had asked for a room away from traffic and elevators because we are light sleepers. I was told when I made the reservation that they could not guarantee our preferences. Well let me tell you........we were awake most the night by what sounded like a herd of elephants jumping off the beds in the room above ours. Also, a few doors from us, someone was going in and out all night and letting the door slam. The noisiest place I have ever stayed. If you stay here.....be sure you have the front desk number handy for that midnight call about the noise.

Room Tip: Choose the 4th floor away from the elevators and ask about groups staying in the hotel.
1 Thank ontheroad12
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 8, 2014

No free breakfast
Hair in shower
Terrible response to customer complaints

After driving 8 hours, our family of 5 was tired and needed a quick place to rest before getting back on the road again. We stopped in Macon at the Holiday Inn, but found they only had king rooms available, so we started calling the hotels on TripAdvisor starting at the top. This one was highly rated and had two doubles available so we drove over (11pm). When I arrived, the night shift lady (can't remember her name but it started with an S.) was counting the cash. Without saying anything she continued to count until she was done then finally acknowledged me. I asked if there were rooms available which she confirmed she had two doubles. She asked how many people and I said 5, two adults and 3 kids. She did give me the AAA discount even though I wasn't a member, so kudos there! We hauled 3 tired kids and our stuff to the room only to find there was no sleeper sofa! It was my (bad) assumption there would be one for $125/night ($112 AAA) and the front desk lady failed to mention we had one more person than bed available...which I would have expected. My husband went back out to ask if they had a roll-away, which they did not (a fire hazard) but she would look for some blankets and pillows for us. Thirty minutes later, they didn't appear so he went out to the front desk. Lady gone and replace with Al, who didn't know anything about the request, but did end up getting him some shortly later. In the morning, I hopped in the shower only to see a glob of hair stuck on the wall and hair on the floor. EWWWWWWW! I decided to go back out to the front desk in the morning to let them know about our experience. Al was very apologetic and started apologizing about the "miscommunication" the night before , but the S lady was back and she got VERY defensive VERY quickly. She never apologized and said she was tired the night before and that I didn't tell her how many people we had, even though she specifically ASKED me and then repeated 2 adults and 3 kids. WOW! I said we choose this place based on their high rankings, and wanted to give them a chance to respond before posting this review, but she was super defensive. To his defense, Al asked if there was anything he could do, but by this time, it was a lost cause. I was very disappointed in the way they handled my comments and were not proactive about making amends. It was all about defending their actions instead of listening and apologizing. I was so angry we skipped the $9.95/person breakfast (crazy for the expense per night!). Won't be staying here ever again. They are so many other options along 75 and 475. They did just renovate in January so the lobby is very beautiful, just don't have any problems or you'll be greeted with some unapologetic staff. After reading other reviews, it seems to be one person in particular.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jonathan A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Macon / Mercer University, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to express your views regarding your stay with us last month. I am terribly sorry that your issues were not brought to my attention prior to this review. I would certainly like to discuss your situation so I can be sure that this doesn't happen in the future. I also do not have anyone with the name of an S that works in the evening so I want to make sure that I know who you are talking about that did not give you the type of service that you should expect to get. We make every effort to make sure that the rooms are cleaned to perfection and I apologize that we fell short during your stay. I look forward to discussing your stay with you.