“Very Convenient Place to Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Macon / Mercer University
Ranked #3 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Pickering, Ontario, Canada
“Very Convenient Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've been to this hotel a few times to visit my son who attends Mercer University. This hotel is very clean, staff is friendly and helpful, love the nice baked cookies at the front desk, the rooms are very clean, the pool is great for those really hot days in Macon & great location on Mercer University Property.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Roswell, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great place. Staff helpful with your any request. Room clean and arranged very well. Place very clean and food was very good. Location was very convenient to anywhere in the area. Would stay at this location again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our daughter has just entered Mercer University as a freshman. Including our most-recent trip for the beginning of the school year, this is our third trip to the Hilton Garden Inn. Each time, they keep surpassing themselves.

The property is a typical, nice Hilton Garden Inn. 4 floors and located right on the Mercer campus, but also directly off of I-20. It is very well-maintained. But the comparison to any other HGI that we have stayed in ends there. The entire staff of this hotel is truly outstanding. Incredibly friendly and also incredibly eager to do whatever it takes to make sure your stay is way beyond expectation. And they do it all with personality. From the front desk to the bar to the restaurant - an incredible staff.

What's most-interesting to me about this hotel is that they have a captive audience - the are the only hotel on the Mercer campus. So a bit of that "they need to stay here anyway" attitude might invade. But it's exactly the opposite at this hotel. They go to the extreme to cater to their guests.

A special shout-out to Michelle at the front desk for helping us on our arrival last Friday night.

Go out of your way to stay at this property if you find yourself anywhere in the Macon, GA area.

Frederick, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I loved the hotel, we arrived an hour before check in but we were still allowed to go to our room. The front desk attendent was very friendly and informed me of everything the hotel offered and the area. The rooms were great, I had no complains about the hotel. A room above us seemed to hae a child running back and forth all day and most the night which was a little annoying but that isn't a reflection on the hotel.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Our stay here is extended for work and the rooms and property are what I expect of a Garden Inn. The breakfasts are good but the evening meals are very inconsistent!! My husband had the ragout on 3 different evenings over 11 days and the first two were prepared differently, but good. The third time it was very salty and overly spiced. The vegetables were sparse and over cooked(mushy broccoli). The servers are at tentative and the dining area is clean. The lack of food consistency is disappointing.

• Stayed August 2013
Alexandria, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is an excellent hotel in the heart of Macon. The rooms are very clean, the staff are ready to assist, and it is family oriented. The rooms are quiet, even the rooms next to the elevator are quiet. A must stay if visiting Macon, Ga.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Macon for two nights. The property is very convenient, just right off I-75 ramp on Mercer University Campus. It was helpful since I was helping my son move in for football camp. We were greeted by two friendly front desk clerks who asked if I was a Hilton member. Since I was not, she quickly signed me up and explained the awards program to me, advising that my recent trip to CA would also count for points. I really appreciated her asking and taking the time to sign me up.
I was given a King bed, which was fine since my son was staying with a friend that night. However, I thought it was odd that they didn't ask if I wanted a King or 2 Queens, since he was standing right there with me. My room was a handicap room which allowed ample space to move around. The room was very clean and had everything I needed. However, there was one negative to the room and that was the noise from above my room. The person above me was quite loud, and I could hear their footsteps early in the morning at 5:30am. I'm a light sleeper, so any type of loud noise wakes me up. They literally shook my room when walking. Other than that, the room was very comfortable. If I return I will make sure I ask for a top floor room so that doesn't happen again.
The hotel offers a small restaurant open for breakfast and dinner. My son and I utilized the breakfast in the morning and they offered a nice selection of hot and cold breakfast items. The waitress was very friendly as were the chefs.
I did not utilize the pool, fitness facility or meeting rooms as this was a quick move in trip. If I stay here again, I will make sure to use their fitness room and pool, since both looked very clean.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a top floor. There doesn't seem to be good padding between...