“Nice and Comfortable”

Hilton Garden Inn Macon / Mercer University
Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. The room was nice, quiet and comfortable. The restaurant staff were very nice and helpful. I was traveling for business at Mercer University and the location was ideal. I was well pleased with my choice for this stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Nice hotel, clean friendly! Would recommend and stay there again when in town! Location is good check in fast breakfast nice and people friendly. Would return again. Easy to get to. Stayed at another place before this and this hotel is a role model! Do yourself a favor and chose this hotel for your stay

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2013

You would think for the price you pay you would at least get free breakfast and a better bed. Got the king suite and yeah it was nice, so was the pool but you just don't get enough for what you pay. I've gotten better service and a better nights sleep at a $45 a night hotel versus this $125 a night hotel. Only reason I went here was it was our 1 year anniversary and my baby wanted to get us a nice place to stay for the weekend. Very disappointing, and I doubt we go back. Red roof hotel was better than this high price Hilton one. If you rich then yeah you might like it, but whatever, I've stayed at better. Oh and not to mention we asked for a smoking room and the lady claim they weren't any available yet when I went on there website and chose a smoking king, it said there were some available, so very crappy service, I hate liars.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jonathan A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Macon / Mercer University, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I do apologize that you do not feel that you received a value at our hotel. While we do not offer a complimentary breakfast, I can assure you that what we offer with our fresh cooked to order breakfast with all you can eat and drink really does make our breakfast a great value. Unfortunately, we do not have any King Suites at the hotel that are available in smoking; however, we do offer smoking rooms in rooms with one king bed and two queen beds. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel. I would be happy to speak with you about your concerns that you had during your stay. It is our goal that every guest leaves satisfied.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hotel was very clean an staff was great. On the other hand the bed was another story. Have stay in other Garden Inn with great stay and the beds where very soft!!!!!I will stay be back for other stay. Thanks for the Great service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for the night on our way to Florida, the hotel is in a great location directly off the Interstate. The hotel room was nice as I has expected and lobby was nice as well. We did purchase breakfast package and enjoyed the breakfast the following morning. It was buffet style with typical hotel breakfast options plus made to order eggs and omlets. My only complaint about this hotel is the temperature of the hallways which were very hot and stuffy. We had dinner at a nearly Mexican restaurant called Margaritas, it was good.

• Stayed: July 2013
Jonathan A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Macon / Mercer University, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with the accommodations. I did want to let you know that they day you were here we did have both of our large units that supply the air to our halls go out, and I apologize for the stuffiness in the halls. We have one of these units already repaired and will have the part for the other unit next week. Next time you travel through Macon, I hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel and to our "cool halls"!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Really pretty hotel, nice room, nice pool, beautiful lobby. Great staff. For some reason I thought we got a free breakfast with our room. We went through the buffet, enjoyed the meal and then got served with a bill! Perhaps there should be a sign telling folks what the breakfast buffet costs for confused travelers such as me. Regardless, the food was very good and it was worth the $10 we paid to eat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SallyLynKY
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn in Macon, Ga is a very nice hotel, easily accessed - grounds are well maintained and pleasing to the eye - lobby is clean - service is excellent - I locked my room key in the room while checking out - the front desk was very pleasant and asked for my picture ID before loaning me a temporary key - glad to see that security level - rooms are clean and comfortable - my room had a nice view of the grounds and some beautiful trees and lawn - I will definitely stay here upon my return to Macon - very satisfied with quality of stay

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo