I give an overall rating of disappointing for this visit for only 3 'below normal' service levels as can be expected from Hilton Hotels.
(My wife and I have stayed at this hotel 2 times before this stay. She wrote a review which detailed what to reserve and I forgot to follow her guidelines.)
First, let me say that everyone of the staff I met was very friendly and polite. The general appearance of the hotel is clean and neat, giving a welcoming feeling to the guests. It is located directly on the Mercer campus and that one fact is its major star attraction.
Our room, 418 on the top level and only two doors down from the elevators was clean, neat and had a pleasant smell. Even though it was near the elevators, we did not experience any loud hallway noise from the other guests or staff.
Here is where the rating takes a nose dive to bottom of the heap.
1. We reserved a King Junior Suite (includes a front sitting area with TV), but instead of a King size bed, we had a Queen size bed. It was late when we arrived and we did not complain as we just wanted to rest.
2. Now, the Queen size did fit us, albeit a little snug. However, the mattress had a HUGE valley in it, which was the side that most people would use to sleep in. My wife had that side and I had the 'mountain' side. Seriously, there was about a 4 inch drop between the side I slept on and hers.
3. Do not try to buy wine or liquor from their cute dinning room bar. The staff has 'no clue' about bar tending, plus the drinks are way over-priced. Liquor stores are plentiful nearby.
I did talk to Beatrice at the front desk upon check out about the problems with the room, but she said she could not reimburse me or do anything for me as I booked with Expedia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located off I-75, the Hilton Garden Inn Macon / Mercer University hotel is easily accessible to the interstate, on the campus of Mercer University and within minutes of Downtown Macon's Shopping, Dining and Entertainment District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Macon / Mercer University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Macon / Mercer University Hotel Macon
- Hilton Macon
- Macon Hilton Garden Inn