“New, clean, and right by campus.”

Hilton Garden Inn Macon / Mercer University
Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My family and I went to Mercer University to watch a basketball game. The hotel was next to the baseball field, sand volleyball courts, and within walking distance of everything on Mercer's campus. We stayed on the 1st floor. Our ceiling was about 15 feet high. It was quiet. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly. The hotel looked to be new. We ate at a Mexican restaurant right down the street that was really good. It might have been called Margaritas. Overall we thought Mercer University and this hotel were excellent.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms seem very large due to ceiling height.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nancy W
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Macon / Mercer University

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We arrived after an arduous day day of travel and were totally accommodated by Beatrice at the front desk. The room was well appointed and clean. We had looked forward to a nice dinner there, but that part fell short. Only the salad was good, and the server disappeared a lot. Unusual for a Hilton Garden Inn, one our favorite places to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank tjc14
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We arrived at this Hilton Garden Inn and found a well-appointed room, a clean and inviting lobby area, and a well-maintained gym. The outdoor pool and jacuzzi seemed to be in good shape, but it was wet and rainy so we didn't use those facilities.

This is the perfect spot to stay if you want easy access to Mercer University and its environs. Macon is a beautiful place to explore, especially when the cherry blossoms are blooming. The history of the town lends itself to fun week-end explorations as well. One of the recommended local eateries, the Fish 'n Pig, was a fun place to have a simple but delicious dinner and is within easy driving distance of the hotel. We ate at the hotel's dining room the next morning before we left and thoroughly enjoyed the made-to-order breakfast. The chef produced one of the best omelets I've had in a long time. He was great!

We asked for and got a late check-out which helped us because of business constraints.

I stayed at the hotel while my husband went to a business meeting. It was rainy, and there were no close-by stores to visit. this place is great for easy on/off the interstate. If you want to be within walking distance of the historical district, another hotel might be better for you.

Pros: A beautiful location on a college campus. Great room.
Con: During check-in, the receptionist was not friendly at all. The situation the next morning was fine; a different receptionist was very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces interstate I-75, but the noise isn't significant. It might help to...
1  Thank hgh_54
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My family stayed overnight while in the area to attend the Monster Jam show at the Macon Centreplex (located less than 10 mins away). It was my six year old's last weekend of his winter break from school and this just capped it off. Great hotel and a delicious breakfast with wonderful staff. If we're in the area again for other events, we'd certainly stay again at this hotel. The bed was a bit firm but it was adjustable which was nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GAFamilyTraveler
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two weeks while attending a course for two weeks just south of Warner Robins. About a 30 minute drive to the campus (Middle Georgia Tech). Hotel appears brand new and very clean. Rooms were the standard HGI, clean and comfortable. Being situated on the campus made it feel pretty safe. It is also a stone throw away from 'Mercer Village' with a few shops and resturants. Breakfast was included in my stay and I can say I enjoyed fast friendly service each morning. Beware, since it is situated on cmapus the hotel can get a bit loud if there are multiple games over a given weekend (during my stay two lacross teams and two basketball teams were in the hotel over the same weekend, but the hotel seemd to accomodate everyone just fine.

1  Thank dc04983
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband was traveling to Macon for a Film Festival over Valentine's Day weekend and the team members at this location not only accommodated a special delivery I had for him but went and picked it up for me as well!!!

They worked diligently with me and the local merchant to ensure that this day would be perfect.

Absolutely incredible experience across the board.

1  Thank BethBond24
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a recent trip to Mercer. We checked in on a Friday evening and had travelled 3 hours to get there. We took our baggage to our room and found it to be clean, up-to-date and inviting. We took a quick rest before heading over to the college. We ordered room service that night and the food was great.

Got up on Saturday to head back over for activities on Saturday. In our haste, we left my daughter's fleece blanket in the room. We have stayed in hotels before and accidentally left an item like a phone charger, which a phone call did not get returned and neither did the item. This Hilton however was different. My wife left a phone call for the housekeeping staff on Saturday evening and it was returned on Sunday. We explained the situation, found that they did have it and they verified our address. They sent it via USPS Priority Mail free of charge which was extremely shocking. Now that is service.

It looks like my daughter is going to be attending Mercer and I am proud to know that we have such a nice place to stay on our trips down.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family