“Wonderful experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Macon / Mercer University
Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Everyone I encountered a this hotel was courteous and helpful. The room was very clean.

I left clothes hanging in the closet when I left and the hotel mailed them to me at no charge.

I enjoyed my stay and would return.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank rmmorgan

Reviewed May 25, 2011

Management is horrible and doesn't respond to emails or phone calls. Members of the staff are incompetent. It is a decent newer hotel but in a bad location. Save your money and headaches by booking another hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011
HGIMacon, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Macon / Mercer University, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Dear Koolkat9,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn-Macon/Mercer University during your recent visit to Macon. The feedback from valued guests like yourself is instrumental in directing us to areas which need improvement. I would like to apologize on behalf of the management and our staff of our property that you were not satisfied with your stay and that we did not respond to your concerns in a prompt manner. I would appreciate any additional feedback that you could provide so that we could properly address your poor experience at our property and work to improve any areas of our hotel that are needed. I do understand any apprehension you may have, but we hope that you would give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next trip to Macon. Thank you again for your feedback and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or we can assist you.

Hospitably,

Matt Barlett
Hilton Garden Inn-Macon/Mercer University

Reviewed May 25, 2011

A colleague and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in macon, ga. The front desk was run by an amazing young lady named Andrene who was very pleasant and helpful. We decided to eat in the restaurant which was ran by one young lady, which kind of scared us but, she kept up to the beat even though there were at least five other tables. Tineka made us feel like the only ones in the restaurant while she kept her cool and smile at bay and the Tilapia was delicious. We really enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: view of campus
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jncwelch
Reviewed May 18, 2011

My extended family stayed at the above hotel during a family member's law school graduation. The service and small courtesies extended to us were above and beyond expectations. We were having a celebration cake in the lobby and the staff brought us coffee and the manager himself waited on us and refused a gratuity, saying "remember the chambermaids".
The staff in the included full breakfast was enthusiastic and helpful and never acted like we should hurry. One waitress remembered everyone's coffee and tea preference from one day to the next and was pleased to be acknowledged. The rooms were clean and every additional request was handled professionally and graciously..members of our party had to cancel for medical reasons and this was handled professsionally during a busy weekend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I am extremely picky about hotels, so when I read the reviews I was a little nervous about staying here. I was pleasantly surprised. I did not take advantage of all that the hotel had to offer, but I can comment on a few things. The rooms were a nice size and very clean. Rooms include a mini-frig and microwave. The beds were super comfy and although the hotel is right off of the highway (and our room was facing the highway), I did not hear any noise.

In terms of cons, for the price, I thought breakfast should have been included; breakfast was $8.95, so we went out to eat. If I could get a better rate, I would stay again. Even with the AAA discount it was still $107/night. Seems pricey for a small town.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Very plesant overall experience staying at the Macon Mercer University Hilton Garden Inn. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Overall cleanliness was excellent from the lobby to the room, to my bathroom that I'm very particuliar about. I'm a Hilton Diamond Traveler and have been in a lot of hotels. This one is a very nice stay for traveling.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank tscheatzle
Reviewed February 6, 2011

ON THE NEGATIVE:

1. Customer Service: Came into the HGI at 6 pm or so - one individual ahead. Took front desk 10 minutes to get to us - no greeting, no apology.
2. Few times front desk unmanned in morning at 8-9 am. I assume this individual walked away to do someing else job-related. Still.....no on at the desk in the morning with customers waiting? These two items seem like staffing issues to me. Who trains and supervises here?

3. Elevator: Button malfunctioning - needed guest to show us how to work! (Told the front desk)

4. Room: Ok, but beds very soft. Not supportive.

5. Loud: Could hear showers, bathrooms next to us.

6. No coffee in lobby at night? Wow.

7. Breakfast costs $8.95! Seriously, I saw no reason for this. It was the same breakfast you could easily receive at any Holiday Inn, Hampton, or Marriott hotel - free (or at least included in your room price). And I checked.

ON THE POSITIVE: Great shower.

I've stayed at a lot better HGI'S.
Overall score out of 10 (with 10 being the best), 5. I will recommend it but with reservations. Don't be shy about speaking up if things are off.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business