“Excellent staff and property” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hampton Inn & Suites Macon I-75 North
Ranked #4 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Excellent staff and property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

This hotel hit all the marks. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel and rooms were clean and secure. Parking was ample and convenient to building access. Awesome. This place is now bookmarked in my travel preferences. It is also a very quick and efficient location for I-75 travel.

1 Thank Benny B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cape Coral, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The staff was very courteous, and helpful. We had a bad experience at the Holiday Inn across the street and moved over to the Hampton Inn. This Hotel over uses Fabreze scent cleaner. This hotel has converted from a smoking to a limited smoking (2 rooms) hotel. But the smell of smoke still permeates in the "non-smoking" rooms and fabreze is not a good substitute. We wish hotels would use "green" cleaning agents and not use scented cleaners. If the hotel was striped and remodeled it would be an improvement.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Birminghanm, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. Clean, neat, and well appointed. The housekeeping staff is top notch. A good place to stay, and many excellent restaurants within walking distance, if you don't mind the short walk and are able to take advantage of them. If you can't walk, the restaurants are very!!! close, so no problem to getting to them. Overall, a most convenient and quality place to visit.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here on business for a couple of days and of course, it is a typical Hampton Inn. By saying that, I mean clean, coffee throughout the day and typical breakfast buffet fare. What set this location apart was the housekeeping staff that I didn't ever see. I left my laptop in the room on the day I checked out and didn't even realize it. I had a voicemail to my office phone (which comes to my cell phone) letting me know I had left it and that it was at the front desk. I don't know why I'm shocked by the honesty and integrity of the housekeeping staff to alert the front desk and them for letting me know, but in this day and age, I am. What they did was above and beyond and just reinforces my dedication to the Hilton (usually Hampton Inn) brand.

I'm actually typing this review on said laptop, so thank you to your amazing staff.

Room Tip: I don't remember what room type I booked but this room was very open and didn't have the des...
Fort Mill, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a month for business in the area. The hotel cleaning staff were excellent. The rooms look, feel, and smell clean. The rooms are a little small but fine. TV reception was not reliable. Many channels were not clear and it was hit and miss whether you would get to watch what you wanted to. The breakfast is functional but not great. Some of the food is rather bland. Coffee was always available day and night. The security at the hotel is ok. There are often people in this general area asking for money near the hotel but this is a general thing you experience in Macon. I felt safe most of the time. The hotel is in a good area, surrounded by many other hotels and in walking distance to a few restaurants, which is good. The hotel is easily accessible for I75 however there is construction in the area (Aug 2013) that is a minor nuisance. The front desk staff is sometimes very cordial and other times, not as cordial. It depends on who is behind the counter and time of day I suppose. I would stay here again on business, but would not be extremely excited to do so. It would be more because of the location and knowing what to expect.

Auburn, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel always smells great and is very clean. The staff is very helpful and always friendly. The location is convienient to shopping, restaurants and far enough away from the city to be safe and secure.

Altamonte Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great location since we were going to northern Georgia. Clean, comfortable. Breakfast was great. Highly recommend this hotel if staying in Macon or on your way somewhere else. Going to a Hampton Inn means we will never be disappointed!! Pool looked great. We just didn't have time to use it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple