“Average place for an average price”

Americas Best Value Inn Macon
Ranked #57 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Lexington, Missouri
“Average place for an average price”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This is not some fancy place off the interstate, its just a place to crash that isnt expensive. My room is fine, bed was hard but again not a fancy place. Overall it is actually a good size room kinda surprised. So, if you want to save a few bucks and only need it for the night its fine. If Macon, GA is your destination then I would look around.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bedford, Indiana
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were on our way to Florida, traveling with two seniors in their mid-80's. It was getting late and we needed a place to stay. The maintenance man also served as the clerk. He was nice and that was the best thing we could say about this inn. The rate wasn't bad--but was still overpriced for what we got. Our rooms were less than we expected. The bed was uncomfortable and the bedding was old, ill-fitting and unnerving. The straw that broke the camels back was that there was a used towel and 'hairy' soap in the bathroom!
We were very concerned staying at this place since we had week-long reservations at another Amercas Best Value Inn in Bradenton, FL. The comparison was like day & night! The one in Bradenton is fantastic!

Room Tip: If you want a good room, look for a different motel!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank B B
Ontario, New York
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This was a quick night stay for the amount I could afford. They had free wifi, micro and fridge that i did not get to use. didnt expect to get free long distance calls at no charge. i was able to talk to my husband back in Canada at no charge. Loved it. will stay here agian.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jennifer T
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We travel often for our business. I had my employed stayed here for a few days. My employees stay here a few days a week every 3 months due to nature of our business trip. My employees were treated very nicely each time they stayed here. Have very good low economical rates.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jummy C
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed June 13, 2011

It was on my route, 1 in the morning, I was beat, just pulled over because I could see if from the hiway. Very tired I was greeted like I was bothering the man who checked me in. Room was difficult to find, not very well lit outside where I had to park. All I wanted was a shower and to go to bed. NO soap, no shampoo no nothing. The towels were thin and scratchy. The bed was rather hard. The heating unit rather loud, but this was good as it drowned out all the traffic noise. Room itself was rather dingy, bathroom area was very acceptable. In the morning got up ready for coffee, had a pot, NO coffee. Checked out to a non responsive desk clerk when told these expected ammenities were not present in the room. In the daylight I saw I was not in a very good area and got out quickly. Pass this place by unless you have no other choice.

Room Tip: To get the best room, go some place else.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed December 18, 2010

Stay away from this hotel. The owner is a crook who only wants your money. The rooms have filthy walls, heating/cooling systems that do not work, and holes in doors.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
abvimaconga, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Macon, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us k now that your stay was not up to your expectations. We apologize for this and will certainly look into your comments and take any appropriate actions.

It is our goal to provide all of our guests with quality service and confort at an exceptional price.

We hope you'll give us another try and will meet your expectations.
South Carolina
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Stayed here one night while travelling to FL. The place is inexpensive, accepts dogs & Travelocity showed a user rating of three smiley faces.

Well, the room wasn't terrible, but the bed was hard as a rock.

The building, grounds & location make it a real dive.

My advice is to avoid this place if at all possible.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill1039
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macon
Red Rest Inn
Econo Lodge Byron/Old Macon Rd
Super 8 Macon West
Super 8 Macon West
#14 of 67 in Macon

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Macon? Share your experiences!