Mikata Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar
Ranked #104 of 362 Restaurants in Macon
Description: Mikata Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar features amazing Japanese hibachi, sushi, steak, and more in an entertaining and intimate environment. Join us for a night out, a romantic dinner, or a birthday celebration in our Macon, GA restaurant today. Come explore our menu featuring favorites like our steak. Chicken, and shrimp hibachi dishes, our New York Strip roll, and our Mikata Special roll. Our sushi and hibachi are made fresh, right in front of your eyes. We respect the Japanese food culture where food preparation is considered a true art form. Table top cooking, teppanyaki, is a self-expression of our chefs and is shown through the combination of hibachi grilling and entertainment factor. Watching hibachi get grilled up right in front of you is fun and delicious. We offer seating at our sushi bar, a hibachi bar, or tables so that you can pick the dining experience you desire. Our helpful staff is friendly and attentive and will bring you the best Japanese food you've experienced in years! Enjoy a drink from our full service bar featuring the best wine selection in Albany, order take out, or celebrate a birthday with us. We love birthday celebrations and will cook up something special for you! Stop by for dinner sometime soon - you'll love our Japanese specials!
Reviewed February 5, 2012

do not go there to be entertained by the habachi chefs,.they act like it is just a bother for them to go through the routinefood is good.sushi is good when you can get it.service good.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

The food is good. Service could be improved upon. And the menu could definitely be wiped down. Lots to choose from. Not as convenient from our hotel, but still good. When on the road, you can't get sushi just anywhere.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

This restaurant is good, not excellent. The service was average and the sushi was beautiful and good. We are passing through town and decided to stop here for a sushi dinner. Our bill was $90 ( for 3 ppl eating) and not totally worth it. As mentioned before in a review, if you are used to dining in a city, this restaurant may be average to you. Good, not great, is my overall summary.

1  Thank jaxbak7777
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We waited less than 5 minutes for a table on a Friday night. It was very clean and the service was great. The food was just out of this world! I had the Imperial dinner which includes filet mignon and lobster tail. The filet mignon was so tender I barely had to chew--it was wonderful. The lobster tail was some of the best I have ever tasted. I will definitely go back. I certainly recommend this japanese steakhouse over the others in the area.

Reviewed May 5, 2008

I suppose you'd expect more if you're from a larger city or used to eating out in larger metropolitan areas. This particular restaurant appears to be the standard Japanese steakhouse with very average tasting food. By this I mean the food was edible, but nothing for which I'd want to run out and spend my money. I suppose this is good given the limited offerings for restaurants in the Macon area. However, since I did blow upwards from $20.00 per person on meals that I could have prepared better myself at home, I'd suggest driving further down the road to one of the other restaurants on Riverside Drive to find good food.

Pros: The soup was good

Cons: The food/service/experience was nothing special at all; entrees are pricey in comparison to other restaurants in the area.