“Refreshing!”

Dovetail Crafted Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Dovetail Crafted Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 380 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd and 3rd
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were driving from Orlando to north GA and tired of fast food. Looking for good food I came across a head line for Dovetail "farm to table" and we were headed there. Atmosphere is Restoration Hardware meets southern cabin....sophisticated but low key! Food was great! Boiled peanuts are a must and great value! Fois gras and duck breast were also great! We opted to try 4 small plates instead of entrees and all was fresh and played nicely. Only a few minutes from highway 75 so my husband couldn't complain too much about detouring. Great meal and would definitely go back and time our future trips so we can stop for dinner again at Dovetail!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

$$
Impeccable service.
If Southern hospitality exists in one place, this is it.
Food is fresh, cocktails are original. Quaint fine dining. Perfect for a romantic date or a family Sunday brunch after church.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I were in Macon for a wedding last weekend. We wanted to have a nice supper and Dovetail was our choice. What a meal! First, our server, Michael, was wonderful! He knew so much about the menu, the preparation of the food, the ingredients, and the drinks that go well with all of it that he made our experience seamless! Also, one of those great servers who knows when to talk and when to let you enjoy the food. Next, the menu offers an incredible variety of options. Snacks, Startes, Small Plates, Entrees, and For the Table. You can go get a gigantic steak with a couple of sides or try many snacks, starters, and small plates, which is what we did. And writing this, boy, did we get the food!!! First, we started with the Deviled Eggs and Put Ups. Best deviled eggs I've ever had, and my mother-in-law can certainly make amazing ones! The put ups were delicious: four small jars with about 2 tablespoons of goodness (pimento cheese, bacon marmelade, smoked trout dip, and lima bean hummus) that were all amazing, pimento cheese made with very sharp cheddar was my favorite; husband wanted all the smoked trout dip they could offer! Next, we had the chili pork skin--yummy, the foie gras, some of the best I've ever had--all flavors complemented each other in an unbelievable fashion, and the roasted beet salad, which was small but truly delightful. Third round was a special: squid ink gnocci, homemade with bits of salty bacon and salty squid ink, cooked to perfection and served with pumpkin--Halloween colors and by far my favorite dish of the night, and that's hard to say because everything was amazing, and veal tenderloin, which was just spectacular. We finished the meal with a cheese plate and the baked chocolate custard, which were both divine. The chef even made a special side of caramel sauce for my husband who loves caramel more than almost anything. We had some of their specialty drinks, too, Le Pamplemousse (basically a fancy greyhound) and their take on an old fashioned. I cannot say enough good things about this place. They've been around for about a year and everything was phenomenal. The decor is inviting and everyone is so kind. The only bad thing I can say is that Dovetail is 4 hours away from us:(

1  Thank chsscgirl
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I love great food. We moved to Macon years ago from Atlanta but drive back to Atlanta often for the fabulous restaurants that we can't find here. I think we're going to save a lot on gas from now on. We tried Dovetail for the first time for our anniversary last night. The food was great. The service was fabulous. They had a walk-in party of 10 arrive after we got there which usually means your party of 2 service gets a LOT slower. Not here - Marc, the maitre 'd, shifted our waiter to take care of the large party, and Marc personally took care of us. They have both entrees and small plates on the menu so you can customize your meal however you want it. We started with the "Put Ups" - bacon marmalade, pimento cheese, lima bean hummus, and smoked trout dip served with bread. YUM. We followed this with small plates of Quail Risotto, Ham Fritters, and Veal Tenderloin (the only thing we probably won't order again - it was good, just not great.) Then we had the Market Vegetable Plate followed by the Pecan Pie Maple Cheesecake. The 2 of us split everything, and it was the perfect amount of food for both of us. And there is so much more that we weren't able to try. Cannot wait to go back!

1  Thank LauraLbs
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Obscured entrance because of noisy happy crowd waiting to be seated in the downstairs Rookery but with reservations being essential passing trade may not be a necessity. Now the food and service both excellent served with French panache by a very professional attentive staff. The scallops were to die for as was the desserts and cocktails served up by a delightful barista. One of the best meals in a quiet atmosphere without any pressure to exit table. I look forward to further visits to sample more delicious offerings on the menu

1  Thank Kenneth M

Been to Dovetail Crafted Cuisine? Share your experiences!