“Nice place with good food and friendly staff”

Dovetail Crafted Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Dovetail Crafted Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 360 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd and 3rd
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying I have one gripe and that is that the entrance is always blocked by inconsiderate dumbos waiting for a table at the rookery. Put a sign or something or have the hostess tell people to move!
That said, the food was really good. The portions are pretty large. I ordered some mac and cheese and got this huge bowl while most places will give you a small scoop.
Our waiter was really nice as was the head guy and the girl who seated us.
My gf and I were both happy with the place and will be back.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great menu fresh food great service only thing in Macon close to Natalia's this is a great place to eat

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited the Dovetail for the first time during their Sunday brunch. We had a nice meal with excellent service. Marc, the Maitre D' was very nice and took us on a brief tour of the restaurant. I took a look at the dinner menu and will definitely be back here soon to try some of their entrees!

2  Thank NuthinNew
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We tried a few tapas and a couple entrees as a group and the food was truly unbelievable! Extremely tasty!! Would definitely go back but pricey!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I want to give the 1 Star not for the Food or Drinks but for the service. I want to add before I go into my experience that the food was AWESOME and the cocktails were some of the best I have ever had. I will however not go back strictly because of the service.

We came in for Sunday Brunch they have only had it for a few weeks now and we got the worst service ever. I hate to bash a company strictly on one person, but he made us feel like it was a pleasure for him to serving us. He made comments on what we ordered and how we ordered it; made comments when other people at our table wanted to order MORE food; at one point started arguing with me over the drink I had ordered. Not only that when I asked for something to enhance the flavor of the food (I thought the chicken needed a LITTLE something) he made comments there was a reason why salt and pepper were not on the table. He made several comments about how tired he was after working three shifts in a row, mortifying.

It was a HORRIBLE experience, $90 bucks for brunch and I had to argue, and get shamed by the server. He was so bad. I won't go into much detail but I know this is a "classy" place, but please remember this is Macon. You are not going to last with people like that on your staff.

5  Thank amynepats12