“Underwhelmed”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: The Shoppes at River Crossing
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere, just ok food and service, especially for prices. In my opinion you can do better for less.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was so looking forward to eating at Buca di Beppo after reading all the glowing reviews. We reserved a table for 5:00 and was seated immediately upon entering.

I should have known to leave when the manager came to the table behind us and apologized profusely for "losing their order".......but.....I had a 10.00 off coupon. The manager then made his way to a few tables down and the table was complaining about their whole order being screwed up.....oh, my.... Yet, all the wisdom of my 37 years seemed to have escaped me and I stayed (mentally kicking myself as I type), all the warning signs and red flags were there, yet common sense did not reign supreme. It is amazing what a stupid 10.00 coupon will make some people ignore...sigh. Anyway, I digress....on to the food.

We ordered the stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. They were very good, but with only 5 on the platter and a price tag of 14.00, those were some expensive mushrooms.

For entrees we ordered the small plates of braised short ribs, the quattro al Forno and broccoli for a side.

The short ribs were tough and actually pretty bland. The only thing you could taste was the sauce that was on the ribs. For 27.99, I expected more, I expected something great, fall off the bone, slap your Mama great. My expectations were obviously too high.

The Quattro al Forno, sigh. It was just meh. The pasta was actually hard on top and chewy.....that really ruined the whole dish. The ricotta inside was good, but the chewy shells and other pasta casings were just too much. Do yourself a favor and buy some Marie Callenders lasagna from the grocery store.....it blew this crap out of the water.

The broccoli was not cooked enough. It was almost raw....it was just disappointing, like the whole meal.

One bright spot was the server. I didn't get his name, but he was fantastic...too bad the restaurant was a dismal failure. I'm not ever, EVER going back.

2  Thank Lorident
Reviewed March 11, 2013

A group of friends and I tried Buca for the first, it was awesome. Our waitress gave us a run down on what was good. We decided to order something different so we can share. Meatballs are out of this world. Sangria's are to die for. And OMG on the Italian cake. We had a blast and plan to visit once a month!!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The salad was great. The Chicken Carbonara was very good. The prices seemed steep for a family style meal. This was our first experience at Buca di Beppo --- however, I had friends who had been and described the "family style" and quantity of food and I had studied their menu online before we went. If I had not done these things I would have been totally overwhelmed. We ordered a small 1893 salad --- which was absolutely delicious --- and a small order of the chicken carbonara. There were four of us eating (one child, one teen, two ladies) and we still had leftovers. We all drank water --- and our meal was $40. While the food was very good that seems steep for a serving of salad and a serving of pasta. The biggest downside was choosing one entree that all four of us would want to share. Each small entree is about $20. The small salad was $15. The walls contain tons of pictures. We were first taken to a room that held quite a few pictures that I thought were extremely risqué for a family restaurant. I asked if we could sit in another room and when they saw the child with us quickly apologized and moved us to another room. The food is very good, the waiter was very good. Just do your homework and be prepared --- if several people are wanting different entrees you will spend a lot of money. It is an excellent place for group gatherings as they have tables ready for large groups and sharing in large groups makes the meals a lot more reasonable. The restaurant is very large --- your group could have a room to itself.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The food is wonderful, wait staff is attentive, and atmosphere is great. This is a family style restaurant. Come with an appetite! I have dined here several times, and each time I dine here the food has been delicious. The wait staff took us on a tour of the restaurant and even in the kitchen which was clean as a pen. Check out the mafia table!