“Fascinating Cannonball House!”
Review of Cannonball House

Cannonball House
Ranked #10 of 49 things to do in Macon
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We loved the history of this house as much as its charming Victorian antique furniture! This was the only house in Macon hit and damaged during an 1864 Civil War attack. (Macon was miraculously spared the terrible damage elsewhere, including nearby Atlanta, during Sherman's march.) There is an interesting Civil War museum in the house, as well as furnishings from the Wesleyan College original meeting rooms of sororities Alpha Delta Pi and Phi Mu.

3  Thank Pat H

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Excellent tour guide. An extensive Civil War military collection filled with local objects donated by Macon residents. A low entrance fee of $6.00.

2  Thank RE M
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We really enjoy history and architecture and found this home in wonderful condition and it truly lets you feel what it was like to live back then...don't miss the Hay House just a few doors up the street either!!!!

2  Thank vessel2
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Last year I went with a girlfriend of mine and this year I took my niece. Though I am a history buff and my niece is a young hip hippie (she doesn't take offense to that) I enjoy this way more. She said she did find it interesting but way too hot for her in Georgia in July. I love this place. It's one of my favorites! I can say that I love this one better than the Hay house. Very well decorated for being a smaller house, as well as great artifacts and antiques as well as love the information the guides give and my favorite is the dresses!! Amazing how little those women were! Note: Next time I'll bring her in the fall or spring!

2  Thank Kymberly G

Been to Cannonball House? Share your experiences!