“Chart topper for atmosphere and good food”

Mandarin Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 355 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Chart topper for atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is the best decorated Chinese restaurant we have ever been in within the United States. It was a WOW. The walls, the ceiling, the tables, everything. I cannot believe they can afford to put so much into this restaurant in a small city. The service was flawless. The food was good Americanized Chinese food and a great value. Getting the soup for two is a wonderful value and the Hot & Sour soup was very good. My husband had Sichuan Beef and I had the fried wontons and teriyaki beef sticks. His was very good but had a sweet taste which I love but it was surprising. My fried wontons were tasty but nothing special and the teriyaki beef was good but I needed to dip in his sauce to be very good. We would definitely goo back.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank K B

Columbus, Georgia
“Good food and more than ample portions”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The variety of items on the menu is not as large as some other restaurants, but the quality of the food we had was excellent. There is still plenty to choose from. We had dinner and we needed to take some home with us; many other guests were doing the same. I would have preferred a slightly smaller portion and the inclusion of soup and an egg roll for dinner. Those are extras.There was a small salad as a starter which was very nice.

Service was very good and reasonably prompt. I had a curry shrimp meal with fried rice. The menu states that the meal is "spicy" but I did not detect any unusual "heat". I will remember to ask for extra spicy the next time and there will be a next time. The fried rice had very little egg which may be good or bad depending on one's taste. The small dessert cake was very nice.

The dinner prices are reasonable given the time of day and quantity and quality of food. The restrooms are very clean and plenty of room between tables. You will not feel crowded even if the restaurant is full. Check the hours of operation before going because we missed getting in the first time.

• Visited February 2014
Macon, Georgia
“Great!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I am so picky about Chinese
Food. This is the only restaurant for Chinese food I will eat at. Huge dinner portions so worth splitting with someone. Very good!

Georgia
“Great Food and Prices!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

You really can't go wrong if you go here (for lunch especially). For $7 you get an entrée, chicken wing, soup, and spring roll. The chicken wings are not that great tasting to me, but the egg drop soup is the best in town. The entrée portions are huge, enough for two meals (and more for the dinner portions). The food in general is good, not the best in town (outside of that soup!), but certainly worth the money.
The service has always been good, but nothing spectacular. They do have a full bar as well.
The décor is just adorable!

• Visited September 2013
Fort Mill
“Not the best, and not the worst”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Expected the quality of the food to be a bit better due to the price paid. I would eat again, but would rather find good quality chinese food that is worth the price.

Visited March 2013