“macon, ga” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 69 Hotels in Macon
Cincinnati, Ohio
“macon, ga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great room and staff. Nice Cheddar restaurant next door. Elevator. Free continental breakfast. Spacious room. Very clean and quiet property. Hardwood floors. Great value. Will stay there again very soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patty H
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Macon - North, responded to this review, January 28, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

My stay was pleasant. The staff was nice. My initial room was non-smoking but apparently a previous guest didn't honor that fact. I was moved to another room without any issues. My only complaint is that whenever someone cooked on the stove top in a room on your end of the hallway, you could smell it.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Macon - North, responded to this review, January 2, 2013

Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

The neighborhood around the hotel is very nice anything you could possibly want is within walking distance. the hotel is exterior is very clean cut brick nice place.
The staff in the hotel very nice the rooms were huge for the price I never got a room that big for that price.
1 small flaw in the bathroom with something left by the maid but when brought it to the managers attention she was more than willing to confront the maid and handled the situation write down 2 offering us a night free very well managed hotel.

yes I would stay there again in a minute

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Macon - North, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Macon - North. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Camden, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We "won" this place on Hotwire. What a huge mistake! We walked in and were immediately overwhelmed with perfume smell as an attempt to cover up cigarette smoke, and the manager received two calls from guests wanting to change rooms before he could even talk to us. Once we got checked in and to our room, we understood why. It was obvious the room had not been cleaned. There was food remnants on the table, coffee filter with old coffee in the coffee pot, the blanket on the bed was covered in short body hairs, there were cock roach parts on the floor by the bed, and someone left skid marks in the toilet. This is the worst hotel I've ever been to. After talking with Hotwire and getting them and the hotel manager to agree to refund our money, we ran as fast as we could. The manager seemed overwhelmed and embarrassed. It was late, 11 pm, I think, and we had just driven 13 hours straight, but it didn't even matter at that point. I would have slept in the car without question before I laid my head on any pillow that came from this place. This hotel needs some serious help.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Macon - North, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Macon - North. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Based on some of the reviews, I didn't expect much more than just a shower and a pillow for my short stay . Boy was I surprised. My room was EXTREMELY clean (thanks to staff member Joyce), comfortable and quiet. To top it all off, I paid less than half the nightly rate my colleagues were paying at hotels just across the highway.

I was just there from Oct 11-14, 2012 and thankfully didn't experience any of the problems expressed in some of the other reviews. I stayed on the 3rd floor, which was a non-smoking floor, an did not get a hint of smoke (which I specifically checked for). The amenities were modern, including a large flat screen TV, and everything was in working order. I couldn't have been more pleased.

Room Tip: I don't know what floor the negative reviewers stayed on but, as I mentioned, I was on the third...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Macon - North, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Macon - North. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

The overall exterior of the hotel looks very modern and new. However, this is very misleading to its customers, the interior is very old and outdated. The non-smoking rooms smell very much like smoke. The beds are very uncomfortable, the comforters have cigarette burns in them. The bath towels had pubic hair in them. The couches were horribly stained and to top it off I woke up to roaches or as they call it palmetto bugs, I almost went crazy! Come to find out this hotel has a serious problem with roaches and lizards. Not just periodically but everyday, yes they have pest control but it certainly does not do the trick! As for the positive points...The hotel staff were great and accommodated me for the inconvenience of the pest problems. The hotel is conveniently located near I-75 which is definitely a plus. However, I will never stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jennifer L
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Macon - North, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Macon - North. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

The problem of pests is not just a challenge for the lodging industry at large, but also a challenge for the entire service industry, particularly those sectors that deal with foods. Such pests can create problems for airports, luxury resorts, restaurants, and even grocery stores. Until the scientific community is able to create a 100% effective and safe solution to the problem of pests, our hotel will continue to take the strictest care in deploying prevention measures so that situations like yours don't occur.

I am truly sorry to read of your misfortune. We are routinely praised for our service, cleanliness, rooms, and exceptional rates, so it is with the utmost seriousness that I regard your comments. I can assure you that your remarks will be fully researched and all results will produce prompt actions by our management team. Becoming America’s premier choice for extended stay lodging has given us the great fortune of welcoming millions of valued guests, like you, into our nearly 700 properties across North America. But we could never have gotten to that point without listening to our customers, our most important assets. It is for that reason that we will continue to make offering clean, comfortable hotel suites at affordable rates our priority.

Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The rooms were big with a seperate kitchen area. But everything in room looked to be at least 20 years old. Including the sheets and blankets. There were holes in them. The tv was old fashioned. You might as well forget about the fold out couch bed. We pull it out and there was a huge black stain underneath on the mattress and it was very dirty. One person in our group got bitten by bed bugs. Then there was the old fashioned a/c unit that was placed right next to the bed and kept turing on off and all night it was very noisy, which woke me up frequently. I don't know how anyone can stay here for an extended stay we ran after one night!

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs and try out a/c before you accept the room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank R G
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Macon - North, responded to this review, July 19, 2012

In response to your comments about the air conditioning unit, we have inspected all in-room air conditioners and made any necessary repairs to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future. I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.