“Cheap place to sleep”
Review of Macon Inn

Macon Inn
Ranked #42 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This property has definitely seen better days. We were grateful to find the room as all others did not have vacancy.
Cons: threadbare towels, stained carpet, bare rooms, poor shower curtain or design allowing water to leak on floor, no bathroom fan, beds are low to ground, elevator is well used in appearance, no breakfast of any type- which is pretty standard these days.
Pros: clean sheets, clean bathroom, quiet, coffee in lobby.

Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for Macon Inn

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I was visiting macon to look at apartments. And i choose to stay here with my siblings and my bf. Overall the hotel was very clean and very nice. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. Checkin was pretty easy. The overall room was well put together. The only thing i would do different if i stayed there again would be id get a suite instead of a room. And i wouldnt leave during 5pm-6:00pm. Overall the money was worth it.

• Stayed: April 2013
Zandra G, General Manager at Macon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our North Macon location. I am delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations in all our key areas affordability, cleanliness and staff professionalism. We look forward to your next stay with us and once again thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn as your lodging selection.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The room was old. Rust in the bathroom, dirty box springs, filthy carpet, remote didn't work, found a roach in the morning. It was like dorm room furniture that needed to be thrown away ten years ago. Awful

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We checked in to a good room, clean, large, and comfortable. I drove for about 12 hours and just wanted an inexspensive, clean place to stay. Front desk clerk, Deni was pleasent and helpful. No extra charge for our Japanese Chen. The breakfast was hot waffles, every hotel should have these, but they don't. real oj, coffee, pastrys, cereal and fresh fruit. Room rate was reasonable. All i wanted was quiet. And it was. Lots of parking lot lights for security. Good food close. Next time that I'm driving through Macon, I will definately spend the night here on the bi-pass exit 3.

Room Tip: Small animals, dogs, are n/c and the breakfast is very good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times. Sometimes just overnight, but mostly for extended business trips. The manager, and front desk staff is extremely helpful and courteous. The maid service always make sure the room is in tip top condition. I never see anyone here working, who isn't smiling and genuinely happy to make sure my stay is a perfect one.
Thanks for all you do Red Roof Inn!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Macon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Mr Wymer,

I appreciate you taking time to submit a review of your visits with us at Red Roof Inn North Macon. We enjoy having you as a valued guest! I am happy to hear that we are meeting your expectations. We hope that you will refer all your friends and family to visit us at any of our locations across the country.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

On Oct. 22, 2013, I was in town for a meeting and stayed in this Red Roof for the second time. I checked in in the evening and a young lady named Donna (from Las Vegas) was on the desk. Check in was smooth and quick. When I got to my room, I noticed that it did not have a coffee maker. On my way out to dinner, I asked her about that. She told me that my room did not usually come with one but she would see if she could get one for me. Upon my return, she had it waiting at the desk. I found the room to be clean and everything else I needed was there. Get stay and I want to commend Donna for her customer service. I'll be back next year.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Macon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Mr. Ralph D.

I appreciate you sharing your your positive experience at our North Macon location. I will surely pass along to Donna how outstanding you thought her customer service was. Our goal is to ensure that each and every guest has a great experience. We welcome you and look foward to seeing you back again here in Macon, or at any of our locations across the country.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This has been our second stay at this inn and each time we have encountered Phyllis. She was very friendly and had us laughing each time. Our stay this time was great. very comfortable. I recommend this hotel to my friends that are coming thru Macon or just to get away from home.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Zandra G, General Manager at Macon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Monti M,
Thank you for your recent review of our North Macon location. I am very pleased that Phyllis demonstrated a high level of customer service! I will be sure to pass along your comments to her. I thank you for recommending our location to your friends. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future!