“Great Stay”
Review of Macon Inn

Macon Inn
Ranked #42 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed October 27, 2013

On Oct. 22, 2013, I was in town for a meeting and stayed in this Red Roof for the second time. I checked in in the evening and a young lady named Donna (from Las Vegas) was on the desk. Check in was smooth and quick. When I got to my room, I noticed that it did not have a coffee maker. On my way out to dinner, I asked her about that. She told me that my room did not usually come with one but she would see if she could get one for me. Upon my return, she had it waiting at the desk. I found the room to be clean and everything else I needed was there. Get stay and I want to commend Donna for her customer service. I'll be back next year.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Macon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Mr. Ralph D.

I appreciate you sharing your your positive experience at our North Macon location. I will surely pass along to Donna how outstanding you thought her customer service was. Our goal is to ensure that each and every guest has a great experience. We welcome you and look foward to seeing you back again here in Macon, or at any of our locations across the country.

There are newer reviews for Macon Inn

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This has been our second stay at this inn and each time we have encountered Phyllis. She was very friendly and had us laughing each time. Our stay this time was great. very comfortable. I recommend this hotel to my friends that are coming thru Macon or just to get away from home.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Zandra G, General Manager at Macon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Monti M,
Thank you for your recent review of our North Macon location. I am very pleased that Phyllis demonstrated a high level of customer service! I will be sure to pass along your comments to her. I thank you for recommending our location to your friends. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We arrived at this motel after a long day in the car. When we pulled in at midnight, we were delayed in checking in because the old man at the front desk was holding a receipt for another person who had paid cash. The clerk would not allow me to approach the counter because he had the other customer's cash in his hand.

When we finally checked in, after about a 10-minute wait, the room smelled badly of mold. This smell was coming from the carpet, the bathroom, and the air conditioner. We needed to take showers, so I went to the front desk to request additional towels. I actually had to haggle with the clerk to obtain a few tiny, cheap towels, but I was able to get a few. At this point, I was too tired to fight, but he gave in on the second request.

We chose this motel because we have had good results with Red Roof in different parts of the country. It's not the Ritz, but at the right low-enough price, it's usually acceptable.

Not this motel. Never again. My wife has been sick for three days from the mold. The polite clerk (Phyllis, maybe?) in the morning did take a few dollars off our charge for the mold, but we would have paid double to have a room that didn't make my wife sick.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris B

CJ B
Thank you for your recent review at our North Macon Red Roof Inn location. I apologize for the issues you had with the front desk upon your arrival, as well as the issues with the room. I am disappointed we fell short in this instance and I certainly understand your concern I have addressed all of the issues you mentioned and once again please accept my sincerest apologies. I am delighted that you received better customer service from Phyllis. Your feedback is very important to me and I will do everything in my power to improve our quality and service. Although you had a bad experience at this location I hope you will reconsider and I ask that you do not hold it against the entire Brand. I am confident you will find that your next stay at Red Roof Inn will be much more enjoyable if you give us the opportunity to make it right.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The rates was great and the staff was very friendly. The front desk clerk name Phyllis Cardes was very nice and very friendly . Thank u so much .My name is Samantha Glenn. I will come back to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Samantha,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Phyllis and the rest of my staff. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future and hope you will recommend our inn to your friends and family.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

With great rates and friendly staff this is a great place to stay when in Macon. I travel a lot and dontvsee this kind of respect between guest employees. Amazing management who helped me out on a suite with a weekly rate

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Macon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Timothy C,

Thank you for being a valued guest and for taking the time to post a review on our location. I am glad we are able to provide you with affordable accommodations and excellent service. Our goal is to ensure every guest has a great experience. Again thank you so much and we certainly appreciate your business.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked one night on line as a stop over point in our trip. When we arrived the clerk took 10 min to find our reservation. When we got to to the room the new electronic door key would not work. After a couple attempts with different keys the desk clerk came up and finally got a key to work. The clerk then said they had just gone to this system because to people were breaking into rooms with the old key cards. When we did finally get the door open we walked in and immediatley noticed a bunch of greasy fingerprints on the inside of the window.

The cableTV has 6 channels, only 2 of which you can see clearly. Our bed had to be propped up on one corner with a phonebook to make level enough to sleep. Over all the room was smelly, dirty and the carpet was damp and sticky.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jdp523
Zandra G, General Manager at Macon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for your recent review. I apologize that our Guest Service Representative gave you misinformation. The locks have not recently been changed and we have no reports that any guest rooms have been broken into. Thank you for bringing to my attention that the window was greasy. I will certainly bring that to the attention of my housekeepers. We are in the process of updating our property.We anticipate that the updating will remedy the issues with the television, the bed and the carpet. I hope that you will continue to visit Red Roof Inn.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Decent and affordable. Most of the staff was nice. The only issue we had was a man who startled us out of our room when we were a few minutes late leaving. We were exhausted and arrived about 3:00 that morning. He needs to ask about the situation before startling tired guests and scaring them out of the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Zandra G, General Manager at Macon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to complete a review of our North Macon Inn. I apologize for the startling wake up you received. As our check out time is 12 pm, at that time we are required to check all rooms that have not physically checked out at the front desk. Again I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you again.