“The price is right”

Ranked #47 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Gainesville, Georgia, United States
“The price is right”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nothing special, but the price is right. We just needed a place to sleep. We didn't see any bugs and we didn't get kooties. Got a room for $33 with taxes and fees included in the price. The clerk was friendly and helpful. It was right off the freeway but we didn't hear freeway noise while sleeping.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at the Red Roof Inn Macon. We are delighted that you were satisfied with your stay. We are conveniently located off Interstate 75 and provide clean, comfortable accomodations at a fantastic rate. We look forward to seeing you on a future visit should your travel plans return you to Macon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

First time at a Red Roof Inn and pleasantly surprised. Friendly and attentive staff, particularly Michelle, and comfortable, clean room.
I did not intentionally choose the hotel but got it through the Hotwire site - they were sending me emails re lowest prices for the holiday and, as I thought I might struggle to get something on Memorial Day weekend, I gave in to their offers.
Although the hotel was good, the Hotwire experience was certainly not - essentially their practice is quite deceptive - they quote cheaper rates - marginally - than the main booking sites and the hotel's own sites but what they don't tell you is that they charge, on average, $10 dollars booking fee which is added as "tax and fees" - which takes them beyond the total cost with the other booking agents and was $5 higher than booking through Red Roof's own website. Not a great difference but the deceptive practice is the issue. Their lower initial cost posting allows them to meet their lowest price guarentee but no where do they mention the additional fees they charge. You also get no choice of hotel and the information re the hotel's facilities and room facilities is extremely poor.
Basically, use Hotwire at your peril. I'm not sure how they got my email address but I believe they are part of the Expedia group and I used them a few years ago.
Macon has some beautiful Victorian buildings but is clearly in the throes of the economic depression and not worth visiting for tourism purposes.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We are deligted your first experience with the Brand was a pleasant one. I am glad Michelle and the team here exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you here in Macon the next time your travel plans bring you to the area and encourage you to stop at one of the many Red Roof Inn locations across the country. We all provide a great value and great rates. Be sure to check out Redroof.com to find some fabulous deals or call 1-800-RedRoof. Once again Thank you for sharing our experience.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

All the basics, no frills- worked great for $34 & right off I-75. Wi-fi provided, but doesn't work on all devices since it requires a pop-up "I accept" screen, which did not appear for my phone as it did for my laptop. Work desk in room is huge.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our location on Tripadvisor. I hope your travel plans bring you back to this location in the near future. I am delighted you accomodations were satisfactory and you found us to be a great value. I have contacted our wifi provider concerning the issues with the pop up screen. Once again Thank you for sharing.
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Hotel Clerk was very helpful with accommodating us. She made sure that we had everything we need for an affordable price. The Hotel House Keeper is very courteous and clean.The room was very clean and smelled nice. This staff is A-1. i would recommend this Hotel to my friends, family, and colleagues.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking to time to post a review about your experience at the Red Roof Inn Macon. I am glad our team was able to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable. Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Macon and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
jackson, ky
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We booked two rooms here for 29.99 each thinking it was a bit of a gamble. But the property is in a good part of town, is in very good condition and had good service. The rooms were modest but nice. No frills here (except a small outdoor pool) but a great value. I consider it one of the best hotel values we've gotten given the price and the very serviceable accomodations. I highly recomnend it for those traveling on a budget who want to stay somewhere that isn't fancy but isn't scary or gross:D I got the room at the rate we did by using Expedia.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our location on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you found your accomodations satisfactory. We do offer the best value in the area and our friendly staff is always ready to assist you. During the summer months our outdoor pool can provide some relaxation after a long drive. We look forward to seeing you on a future visit should your travel plans bring you back to Macon.
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Orlando. It was a great price for one night. I have to say I thought the room stank. It didn't look very clean to me. The water pressure was like I have never seen! It was awesome! If you just need a place to stay the night, stay here.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at the Red Roof Inn Macon, Ga. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here and appreciate your comments.. Our team is pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one. We truly look forward to serving you again in the future should your travel plans return you to the city of Macon or passing through.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This RRI is nasty! The first room they gave us reeked of cat pee. The 2nd room was better, but after a while we realized it stank too. Should have left, but we stayed. The bed was collapsing. The room wasn't clean. There was nothing on the nreakfast bar but coffee! STAY AWAY!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and write a review. Your feedback is very important to me and I sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience during your recent stay.
I am disappointed that we fell short in this instance and I do understand your frustration. As the General Manager of this property I will diligently work hard to ensure these issues do not occur in the future. Once again Thank you for your comments and feedback.