“Okay for what we needed.”
Review of Red Roof Inn Macon

Red Roof Inn Macon
Ranked #42 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Fresno, California
“Okay for what we needed.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were traveling home to Tennessee and needed a place to stay for the night. This place was an okay place to stay but could use some updating. The hallways stunk really bad however the room did not which was a relief. The king size rooms were huge which was very nice. They had a nice big desk and places to sit. The bed was a little crunchy but we slept well on it. It was very old looking on the inside but if you don't care for the way things look this is a good place to stop. Front desk was nice and helpful and the price wasn't too bad either.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Red Roof Inn Macon. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unpleasant odor you experienced in the hallways. Corrective measures have been taken to unsure the same issue does not occur in the future. Our goal is to ensure every guest has a satisfactory stay and we will continue to improve on the quality of our product. Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to see you the next time your travel plans bring you to Macon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The rate was great, they apologized for charging $42.99 instead of 37.99 (due to Cherry Blossom Fest) but was well worth the $43. Clean, shower was good, no bugs, can't complain about any of the accommodations. I asked for a quiet room, they put me on the fourth floor and I didn't hear a thing all night.

Would gladly stay here again if I need a room off I-75. Plenty of restaurants surrounding.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and sharing your experience at the Red Roof Inn Macon. My entire staff is delighted you enjoyed your stay and we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable, quiet room at a great value. We are conveniently located right off I-75 with many restaurants on the exit and several within walking distance of the property. We look forward to seeing you again should your travel plans return you through Macon.
Vincennes, Indiana, United States
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

After driving 11 hours, we decided to pull over. Not wanting to dip into our travel money, I looked up hotels on pricing. Read great reviews and couldn't believe for that price it was that nice. Decided to give it a try. We rolled in about 2am. Front desk very pleasant and friendly. Rooms simple but didn't need much. Bathroom looked like floor could use a good hand scrubbing but that is only real complaint.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience at the Red Roof Inn Macon.
Our friendly Front Desk staff are always waiting to assist you with a prompt courteous checkin 24 hours a day. We offer a great value for the price. I will ensure the housekeeping staff does a better job at cleaning the floors and appreciate you bringing the matter to my attention. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travel plans bring you to Macon.
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I would just like to say, Gieorgina the front desk clerk went out of her way to make us feel at home. This is an exceptional woman you have working for the hotel.The location of the hotel was close to my work and the housekeeping did a excellent job on keeping the room clean.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank moorej920
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. I am happy Georgina, as well as our housekeeping staff provided you excellent service and your stay was a pleasant one. Our friendly, helpful staff strives to make every guest feel like they are at home even when away from home. We look forward to serving you again in the future should your travels return you to Macon!
Middle Georgia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Our bathroom at home was under renovation and the water was turned off. We chose this motel for location and value as a place to "run to" when needed. We stayed one night and were pleased with our choice.Good value for the money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Red Roof Inn Macon. I am delighted we were able to accomodate you while renovations were being done on your home and your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again in the future if you are ever again in need of a home away from home. Once again Thank you for sharing.
Bourbonnais, Illinois
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband is working in the Macon area and he recently had an incident where his debit card was charged twice for one week. Thankfully, Zandra Greene, the manager worked diligently to resolve this issue in a timely and efficient manner. We would like to say thank you and we would recommend this hotel to anyone stopping by for a stay in this area. Again, a great job well done, Zandra.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted that I was able to resolve the issue in an efficent manner. I strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction to all guests. Once again thank you for positng a review and I certainly appreciate your business.
WAYCROSS
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was excited at the desk to hear the price but I should have checked the room first. The room needed updating and repairs. The a/c fan would not run constantly to drown out outside noises. The room was not dark, the door and window let in a lot of light. The bed was not comfortable.
The only good thing was the friendliness of the evening and morning staff.
They had no amenities, no frig, no microwave, no breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CRISTAL W
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am disappointed that your stay was unsatisfactory and I certainly understand your concern. While we are an economy brand hotel with limited amenities we do strive to make all of our guests stay a pleasant one. We do offer micro fridges in our Superior King rooms, as well as our suites. Breakfast is not provided in our rates, however we do provide fresh coffee and tea in our lobby 24 hours a day and there a several restaurants within walking distance that serve breakfast. I have addressed the maintenance issues you mentioned in your room and hope that you will give us another opportunity to make it right the next time you are in the Macon area. My staff is always ready to provide great customer service.