“Good for what we needed”
Review of Red Roof Inn Macon

Red Roof Inn Macon
Ranked #47 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Vincennes, Indiana, United States
“Good for what we needed”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

After driving 11 hours, we decided to pull over. Not wanting to dip into our travel money, I looked up hotels on pricing. Read great reviews and couldn't believe for that price it was that nice. Decided to give it a try. We rolled in about 2am. Front desk very pleasant and friendly. Rooms simple but didn't need much. Bathroom looked like floor could use a good hand scrubbing but that is only real complaint.

• Stayed March 2013
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience at the Red Roof Inn Macon.
Our friendly Front Desk staff are always waiting to assist you with a prompt courteous checkin 24 hours a day. We offer a great value for the price. I will ensure the housekeeping staff does a better job at cleaning the floors and appreciate you bringing the matter to my attention. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travel plans bring you to Macon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I would just like to say, Gieorgina the front desk clerk went out of her way to make us feel at home. This is an exceptional woman you have working for the hotel.The location of the hotel was close to my work and the housekeeping did a excellent job on keeping the room clean.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank moorej920
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. I am happy Georgina, as well as our housekeeping staff provided you excellent service and your stay was a pleasant one. Our friendly, helpful staff strives to make every guest feel like they are at home even when away from home. We look forward to serving you again in the future should your travels return you to Macon!
Middle Georgia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Our bathroom at home was under renovation and the water was turned off. We chose this motel for location and value as a place to "run to" when needed. We stayed one night and were pleased with our choice.Good value for the money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Red Roof Inn Macon. I am delighted we were able to accomodate you while renovations were being done on your home and your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again in the future if you are ever again in need of a home away from home. Once again Thank you for sharing.
Bourbonnais, Illinois
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband is working in the Macon area and he recently had an incident where his debit card was charged twice for one week. Thankfully, Zandra Greene, the manager worked diligently to resolve this issue in a timely and efficient manner. We would like to say thank you and we would recommend this hotel to anyone stopping by for a stay in this area. Again, a great job well done, Zandra.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted that I was able to resolve the issue in an efficent manner. I strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction to all guests. Once again thank you for positng a review and I certainly appreciate your business.
WAYCROSS
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was excited at the desk to hear the price but I should have checked the room first. The room needed updating and repairs. The a/c fan would not run constantly to drown out outside noises. The room was not dark, the door and window let in a lot of light. The bed was not comfortable.
The only good thing was the friendliness of the evening and morning staff.
They had no amenities, no frig, no microwave, no breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CRISTAL W
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am disappointed that your stay was unsatisfactory and I certainly understand your concern. While we are an economy brand hotel with limited amenities we do strive to make all of our guests stay a pleasant one. We do offer micro fridges in our Superior King rooms, as well as our suites. Breakfast is not provided in our rates, however we do provide fresh coffee and tea in our lobby 24 hours a day and there a several restaurants within walking distance that serve breakfast. I have addressed the maintenance issues you mentioned in your room and hope that you will give us another opportunity to make it right the next time you are in the Macon area. My staff is always ready to provide great customer service.
New Smyrna Beach
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This Red Roof is conveniently located after leaving the Atlanta area...interstate easy on/off and with amentities at the same stop (food/gasoline). We had stayed here in the past. It is worth while to skip the Macon by-pass (south-bound) in order to put this on our route. The room was very nice, 24 hr coffee available with offer to make a fresh/hot pot when we were settled in, knowledge of surrounding area for recommendations (supper at Cheddars was excellent!). We will make it a point to reserve a room at this location each time we pass thru this area. OH--and did I mention how nice the staff was? Both when arriving at night and when leaving the next morning. Additionally, we travel with a well mannered show cat and Red Roof makes us feel very welcome withOUT any additional pet fee. PLEASE, those traveling with pets--clean up after yourselves so others will not suffer from your bad behavior(s)!

Room Tip: apply to Red Roof's Redi-card program, watch for on-line discount offers, if there *is* any prob...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Red Roof Inn Macon. Our entire team is delighted you had a pleasant stay. Our friendly staff is available 24 hours and as you stated can recommend several options for breakfast, lunch or dinner, as there are plenty of great restaurants in the area or we are happy to make you a fresh pot of hot coffee if you just need to relax. Once again thanking you for posting a wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you and your beautiful pet during your next visit to Macon.
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The staff of the Red Roof was knowledgeable of the area and helpful with directions to places I needed to go. I also found it refreshing to see the Manager of the property working a night shift, as some managers tend to be only available during the day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank yuo for taking the time to share your experience at the Red Roof Inn Macon. I am extremely pleased that my staff was able to provide you with directions and assist you during your stay. As General Manager I believe in providing 100% guest satisfaction and exceeding expectations, which means being available at various times to meet and greet my guests. I am delilghted that you enjoyed your stay and we truly look forward to serving you again in the near future should your travel plans return you to Macon.