“Helpful staff”
Review of Macon Inn

Macon Inn
Ranked #42 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The staff of the Red Roof was knowledgeable of the area and helpful with directions to places I needed to go. I also found it refreshing to see the Manager of the property working a night shift, as some managers tend to be only available during the day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Macon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank yuo for taking the time to share your experience at the Red Roof Inn Macon. I am extremely pleased that my staff was able to provide you with directions and assist you during your stay. As General Manager I believe in providing 100% guest satisfaction and exceeding expectations, which means being available at various times to meet and greet my guests. I am delilghted that you enjoyed your stay and we truly look forward to serving you again in the near future should your travel plans return you to Macon.

There are newer reviews for Macon Inn

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have to admit, I probably would not stay there again but it was not a horrible place. The place was very quiet and the service was okay. I asked about the pool when I checked in and was informed that it just went down and was not open lol okay. After going to my room, I went back to the front desk to ask if they had any updated rooms and was advised "no, they have not gotten to us yet". All of the furniture was old and dated, the room smelled pretty bad, I had to light a candle. The sink and bathroom area was old and needed to be resurfaced. The carpet was old and was rolling up all around the room. The best part of the stay was the price was very reasonable and the bed was very comfortable. Even though the room was dated, it was clean along with the linens. The location is great, right next to the interstate and other places.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel is very outdated! Our room smelled very bad. The carpet had not been vaccumed, the bed was all wop sided (the legs weren't all the same height) There was one roll of toliet paper that was very close to being out and no extra rolls anywhere. The next morning got coffee on the way out and I think it must have been made a few days ago. Will not be staying there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I want to thank the Mgr at Red Roof In Zandra Greene and the employees for a very plesant stay in Macon...they were very pleasant and helpful...they made my stay feel just like home....thanks

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I booked this hotel before we left for our trip to Disney even though some of the reviews were bad on this site. The reviews picked up after 2011 with the new management so i decided to try it. Next time I will pay more and stay somewhere else. The hotel was fine and the staff was excellent but the room was dirty and gross. We gave my oldest son a bath and then he wondered around for about 15 minutes before we put him to bed. His feet were black! We then checked our own feet and they were black as well. The carpet was so dirty it was sticky.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Melanie19_7606
Reviewed May 10, 2012

lve stayed before...after reading some reveiws,l thought l had the wrong hotel(as in poor reviews)this hotel is easy to find...the rooms are biggish,mine had no fridge or microwave ,but l was only there one night,,,,but you could get them,the room as before was clean,,,a little worn...but nothing bad.....the water was hot.....the bed was real comfy...although right next to the i95 l never found it noisey,, no breackfast thou!...but free coffee....very good reception...lve no complaints.....l paid 36 including tax dollar for a sunday night booked thou the red roof own site,,for a single.....thank you again red roof

Room Tip: to get a quiet room just ask the reception,,,,,thou l heard nothing from the interstate
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Zandra G, General Manager at Macon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the Red Roof Inn Macon. Our entire team is happy that you enjoyed your stay. As you mentioned we are very easy to find, as we are conveniently located off interstate I-75 at exit 169. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable room & excellent customer service at a Great Value! We do not offer breakfast at this location, however we do provide great coffee 24 hours a day and there are many restaurants within walking distance. You will also find that our outdoor pool is very refreshing after a long drive. We Thank you for staying and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

We chose Red Roof because they are pet friendly, and this property had an advertised "2 room king suite" for about $60. Our other pet friendly go-to (La Quinta, next door) didn't have that type of room available, and the price here inticed us?
The front desk woman was efficient, sweet and got us checked in quickly. Thus ended any positive experience here. The carpets EVERYWHERE are so stained and shabby, you can only imagine how many friendly dogs have preceeded you. Our Shih Tzus loved it...lots to sniff. Us, not so much. We are traveling with my bf's mom, thus the separate sleeping quarters, but when we got to the room we saw the only entrance to the bathroom was through the bedroom. The door to the bedroom is glass with no curtain...we asked for a second sheet to hang over it for some privacy. She also used the sheet to cover the sofa as the upholstery, and carpeting, look like a science experiment. Stains everywhere, hopefully from dogs and not people. Her bed, the pull-out, had no linens or blankets, just a bed pillow, so she went to the lobby to get them, as well as another set of towels. I had booked online as 4 people (really just 3 of us) but we only had 2 towels and no bath mat. The furniture has veneer missing and is very, very old. Momish-in-law refused to walk through our bedroom to use the potty so took the elevator down 4 flights to use the one in the lobby.
Savings are savings and I appreciate that we're just stopping over and not moving in, but last nights stay at a LaQuinta in Bowling Green showed us that welcoming pets doesn't mean giving up on cleaning, and nothing explains the awkward setup, lack of privacy, or lack of necessities. Oh, one other good thing...they have nice big bars of soap, not the dinky ones you usually encounter. Are we meant to scrub the place ourselves?

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Pam T
Zandra G, General Manager at Macon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

I apologize for the impression you were left with at our location here in Macon. We cannot strive to be pet friendly and forget about our guests needs as well. I am pleased to hear that your experience checking in was a positive one and while we feel we offer a nice place for a nice price we do need to make sure we are exceeding your expectations of value and not just meeting it. I have shared your feedback with my team to ensure we can go above and beyond when we know multiple guests are staying in one room and be prepared for their needs. I hope you will allow us another opportunity the next time you are passing through.