“Nothing SWEET about this "suite"”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Roof Inn Macon

Red Roof Inn Macon
Ranked #47 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Portage, MI
“Nothing SWEET about this "suite"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

We chose Red Roof because they are pet friendly, and this property had an advertised "2 room king suite" for about $60. Our other pet friendly go-to (La Quinta, next door) didn't have that type of room available, and the price here inticed us?
The front desk woman was efficient, sweet and got us checked in quickly. Thus ended any positive experience here. The carpets EVERYWHERE are so stained and shabby, you can only imagine how many friendly dogs have preceeded you. Our Shih Tzus loved it...lots to sniff. Us, not so much. We are traveling with my bf's mom, thus the separate sleeping quarters, but when we got to the room we saw the only entrance to the bathroom was through the bedroom. The door to the bedroom is glass with no curtain...we asked for a second sheet to hang over it for some privacy. She also used the sheet to cover the sofa as the upholstery, and carpeting, look like a science experiment. Stains everywhere, hopefully from dogs and not people. Her bed, the pull-out, had no linens or blankets, just a bed pillow, so she went to the lobby to get them, as well as another set of towels. I had booked online as 4 people (really just 3 of us) but we only had 2 towels and no bath mat. The furniture has veneer missing and is very, very old. Momish-in-law refused to walk through our bedroom to use the potty so took the elevator down 4 flights to use the one in the lobby.
Savings are savings and I appreciate that we're just stopping over and not moving in, but last nights stay at a LaQuinta in Bowling Green showed us that welcoming pets doesn't mean giving up on cleaning, and nothing explains the awkward setup, lack of privacy, or lack of necessities. Oh, one other good thing...they have nice big bars of soap, not the dinky ones you usually encounter. Are we meant to scrub the place ourselves?

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Pam T
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
I apologize for the impression you were left with at our location here in Macon. We cannot strive to be pet friendly and forget about our guests needs as well. I am pleased to hear that your experience checking in was a positive one and while we feel we offer a nice place for a nice price we do need to make sure we are exceeding your expectations of value and not just meeting it. I have shared your feedback with my team to ensure we can go above and beyond when we know multiple guests are staying in one room and be prepared for their needs. I hope you will allow us another opportunity the next time you are passing through.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Like some other reviewers, our stay at this Red Roof was en route to Florida and we only needed the basics: a nights rest before getting back on the road again. We booked this hotel from my mobile device as we approached Macon and check-in / key-in-hand was instantaneous upon arrival. The furnishings in the room were dated, but nothing was broken, our primary focus was the bed, so no harm done. It was basic and a good deal for the price!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review about our property. Our property is located off Interstate I-75 which is very convienent for travelers headed to or from Florida. We are an economy hotel which provides great service at a great rate. As you mentioned you booked on your mobile phone which is an added value. We offer great rates at Redroof.com. I am delighted you had a fast and efficeint check in process. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travel plans bring you to the Macon Area.
Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stop here a couple of times a year. The room we got recently really needed to be updated. Mold in the bathroom, wrinkled carpeting and the room corners were not exactly clean. The TV remote was 'sticky' where the channels didn't always change when you pressed the button, and that was the second one we got.

They always have the friendliest people on the desk no matter what time it is. She made a note of our room condition.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your room was not satisfactory. The issues you mentioned during your stay were noted and corrected. Trust me this is not the norm and once again I sincerely apologize. I ask that during your next trip to the Macon area you give us another opportunity to make things right. We appreciate you as a guest and look forward to seeing you during your next visit. Our friendly and helpful staff are here to make your stay an enjoyable one.
LaGrange, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel since July of 2011. I work in a local hospital and the location is very convenient to all of the hospitals in Macon, Georgia. The staff here are extremely helpful and my most experience has been with Mr. Mark Trivedi. He has always greeted my with a smile even at 1 o'clock in the morning when I check in on most days. He is very efficient in the check-in procedure and has always asked is there anything else he can do to make my stay more enjoyable. He has even shown me ways to save money during my frequent stays. Hats off to Mr. Mark for being a great customer service representative.

Room Tip: King size rooms are a good choice because you have a nice work desk. I only wish there were more ref...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and posting a wonderful review on our property. We are happy that you have chosen our location as your home away from home during your overnight stays here in Macon while you are working. I am extremely delighted that Mark is providing you excellent service during the early morning hours. We certainly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon on your next vist.
KING
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

We have stayed here before and are always pleased by the great customer service. This time Lashonda really was extremely friendly and helpful. There was a problem with the television in our room and she immediately changed our room for us. My grandson was with me on this trip and she made his day by paying attention to him. The only problem we have with the place is the cracks in the walls and shower and the old carpet, but we understand it is in the process of being updated. The price is very reasonable, too. We will gladly be back.

Room Tip: There are regular rooms and suites if you need more room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DONNA F
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review. Here at the Red Roof Inn Macon we strive diligently to provide excellent customer service. I am delighted that Lashonda was able to make you and your grandson's stay an enjoyable one during your recent visit. We are in the process of upgrading some of our rooms and we certainly look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Macon.
Manassas, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

Hotel is old, but clean. Front desk assistant Lashonda was the best! Always had a smile, and always had an answer. She is what made my stay enjoyable. Only complaint is - no decent coffee!! A person needs a decent cup of coffee to get their day going. Seems like they could provide that!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted that once again Lashonda was able to provide excellent customer service, and you had an enjoyable stay. I appreciate you choosing the Red Roof Inn Macon during your recent visit and I apologize about the coffee. We do provide fresh, hot coffee 24 hours a day and I am disappointed that we did not have any available for you. We receive many compliments on our delicious coffee and I am sorry that we dropped the ball in this instance. Once again thank you for your comments and feedback.
ROCKY FACE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

This stay was much improved over my first stay. This time there was very friendly staff at the front desk. Lashonda was really great. When we got here, the hotel was having a lot of technical dificulties, do to construction. Every hotel and restaurant in the area was having issues. Lashonda was friendly and helpful the entire stay. The room was clean and housekeeping did a good job. The only thing lacking was hot coffee in the morning (not Lashonda's responsibility). There is a McDonald's close by.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Melinda,

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Macon once again, and I appreciate your wonderful comments about Lashonda. I am always thrilled to hear positive feedback and I will be sure to share your comments with Lashonda and the entire team. The area did experience an outage and I am glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable. You mentioned we were lacking hot coffee and I do apologize for this inconvenience because we do offer fresh coffee in our lobby 24 hours a day and coffee makers are in all of our suites and Business King rooms. I am disappointed my staff did not have any fresh, hot coffee available. I will ensure this issue is corrected. Once again I would like to thank you for positing a review.