“Really part of the Wyndham family?”

Baymont Inn & Suites Macon I-475
Ranked #49 of 67 Hotels in Macon
okeechobee
“Really part of the Wyndham family?”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

On October 3, 2013, we stayed at the Baymont Macon, 150 Plantation Inn Drive, Macon, 31210. We were first assigned room 119. The room smelled bad and was very dirty--accumulated dirt on doors, floor, sink, table, tub, toilet. I used two washclothes and two hand towels to clean surfaces and the clothes still came away dirty. There were hairs in the sink, tub, toilet, and in the bed. The person on duty was shocked at the condition of the room and said there was a new housekeeper. She gave us room 304 which is in a newer building and had not accumulated as much dirt. Beds were still full of hairs. We asked for a set of sheets to change the bed. The manager came to do it; his body odor was so strong, it left a stench in the room. The coverlet was still dirty. When we mentioned the hairs, he said no big deal...they are everywhere. The electric outlet at the sink is not a ground fault circuit interrupter. The a/c doesn't cool the room; the air blows up into the drapes. The tub hardly drains. Only two bath and hand towels and two washclothes are issued per room. They were rough, threadbare, and stained. Is this location really part of the Wyndham family? We slept finally and prepared for the 5:30 a.m. breakfast--that's what the sign on the breakfast room door says; it was not ready until after 6 a.m.

The staff was apologetic and very friendly and accommodating. The a/c and surroundings were quiet. The showerhead was very good as were the shampoo, conditioner, and soap.

This is a great location for us, halfway between Florida and Ohio. But we'll choose another hotel when we are in the area again.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for the newer building, rooms 300 and up...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

My bed had multiple hairs all over. The room and bathrooom were decent. Also the hotel is very noisy at all hours of the day. The worst part is breakfast, as I lifted the plastic bowls to grab a plate, I noticed several mouse droppings. I did a double take just to make sure before posting this review. See picture.

• Stayed September 2013
Macon
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a couple of times and the rooms Iv had have been great. The desk clerk was nice and checked us in fast. Breakfast was good and checking out was easy. It is also around many food places and shopping! Over all it was great!

• Stayed August 2013
Springfield
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had a family emergency we were heading to Florida for and stayed at this property along the way. The rain was coming down very heavy and we pulled off the Hwy to call it a night. The front desk staff was friendly, however, the room was awful. We stepped on carpet tacks several times due to the frayed carpet and the front door was needing painted. It was stained and dirty and the locks had been moved several times up the door and the prior holes were not repaired. We went to the Lobby the next morning for breakfast where they had a make your own hot waffle area. We made our waffles, however, we took one bite and threw them away. I think the batter was spoiled as they had a sour taste.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BaymontInnandSuites, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Macon I-475, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
I am sorry for the waffle and paint, we do waffle mix fresh every morning, I told my night clerk to check mix ,befor put it out, again I am sorry

Andy