“Great Indian Food--Return Over and Over”

Taj Indian Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 349 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Description: Found thru restaurant.com. Open for lunch (11:30-3:00) and dinner (5:00- 10:00), except closed Mondays. Prices very reasonable; vast menu, incluind one full page of vegetable dishes. VERY happy with our meals.
Barnesville, Georgia
“Great Indian Food--Return Over and Over”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

While this restaraunt is a bit hard to find (it's in a strip mall near WalMart off US80--Eisenhower Parkway) it is well worth the search--and you won't forget where it is after the first visit!

We are never disappointed when we eat here, whether it's the buffet at lunch or a la carte in the evening. The buffet sides change often as well as one of the meet dishes (always seem to have Tandoori Chicken and Chicken Tikka Massala). We like this because we get to try something new just about every time we go.

This is the best Indian cuisine I have eaten, including several places in Atlanta. I am not an expert in Indian food, but I know what I like and it's a rare dish I don't really like here.

I wholeheartedly recommend this place to anyone. We make special trips from our home over 30 miles away when I get the craving.

It's my favorite place to eat in Macon.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank ScottE

Munich, Germany
“The Best in the Middle Georgia Area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Taj restaurant really is the best in the middle Georgia area for Indian dishes. Coming from England (where curry has been voted the nations favourite food several years running!) my husband and I are serious about authentic Indian curries!:) Taj serves a wide variety of meat and vegetarian curries that they cook to order and to your specific taste. The food is authentic and absolutely delicious! I have NEVER been disappointed with any dish I have ordered there. The staff are very nice and efficient. Bishnu P Deb is usually on duty making sure everything is running smoothly. I love the veg samosa to start then a basic chicken curry (that comes with rice) and some Kashmiri naan bread, just perfect! Bishnu will help you decide if you are unsure what to have.
Taj offers a lunch buffet from 11:30am to 2pm through the week and they have a good selection of various dishes to try. The evening menu starts at 5pm. They also offer take out.
Along with regular drinks they have a couple of Indian beers available and of course Indian Chai tea.
As for the dinning area, I do wish they had better lighting it is rather dated and with the dark decor (typical of an older style restaurant) it makes it quite dingy... Sorry Taj!! I love you, but could with some modernizing ;)))
There are a couple of other Indian restaurants in the area that I have tried, but I won't be returning to them. It has to be Taj every time!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Ontheroad333_12
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Been here twice and every time we are nicely surprised by fast and courteous service we get from staff....went there with family so we tried vegetarian to non vegetarian food (Chicken and goat curry)....I would like to honestly admit that goat curry was best I had eaten at any place....rest of the food was also good....would come back again and recommend to others....

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank SunilR
Warner Robins, Georgia
“Let me tell you I knew this place would be good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Ate here minutes ago. Tasty food, great service. Even though I have never been here before I knew it would be good because when we arrived, INDIANS were dining there. To me, that is the strongest endorsement for any Indian restaurant. (Same goes for Chinese eating at a Chinese place).

I instantly knew the food would be at least somewhat authentic, unlike some of the made-up crap some places pawn off as genuine (hello Olive Garden). Not saying they didn't have few Americanized dishes but overall, the food was legit and tasty.

We are fortunate to have a place like this around here. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

2 Thank adenuff
Jackson, Georgia
“Great in every Aspect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

This restaurant was neat and clean and the wait staff were attentive and friendly. The food was fast and fresh and extremely good. Perfect even. I really like Chicken Tikka Masala and this was the best I have eaten! I also had the chili fried cheese and bullet nan. Reasonably priced and a great value considering all good and plentiful the food was. Big sized portions which allowed me to take some home for later. I must add that the restaurant is next to a dollar store and it appeared that there might be vacant buildings in the shopping center. This is pretty typical of where you might find a good Indian Restaurant though. This was a few blocks from a Wal-mart and located off Eisenhower and right near I-475. I am looking forward to going back! I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Amethyst-King

Been to Taj Indian Restaurant? Share your experiences!